• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kearse had the most targets again yesterday...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supers and juice both offered to fly to Seattle to fight me.

I remember Joey wanted to meet you for a fight, surprised the other two did. I thought Super declined to meet Uhsplit for a drink due to suspecting it was a trap to harm him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Joey wanted to meet you for a fight, surprised the other two did. I thought Super declined to meet Uhsplit for a drink due to suspecting it was a trap to harm him.

I think Joey was Juice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joey was Juice.

No he wasn't nor was he Super. No way to know at ESPN, but on this site I now know they were not one and the same.

Joey got shown the door for using a alt.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whatever happened to Breaker (formally Supers?) after the Niner's board booted him?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB was like a villain in a super hero movie. He was just a normal guy who thought he could easily troll the espn Hawks board one day and absolutely got his teeth kicked in, so he dedicated his entire life to being a super troll and destroying the board. And in a way, he did. ESPN shut down open boards because they were taken over by guys like him.

Shocked he never came back. Or did he?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB was like a villain in a super hero movie. He was just a normal guy who thought he could easily troll the espn Hawks board one day and absolutely got his teeth kicked in, so he dedicated his entire life to being a super troll and destroying the board. And in a way, he did. ESPN shut down open boards because they were taken over by guys like him.

Shocked he never came back. Or did he?
He did try a alt., but that didn't fly either.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally finished up watching the NE game on my PVR, and watched the 1st half of the Eagles game. So I want to revisit the general 'Kearse sucks, or needs to raise his game' narrative.

I'm a big fan of guys who seem to raise their game at vital moments in games. Plays that might not be as flashy, but still figure in hugely to the outcome. So, sure - Kearse hasn't had the big flash plays this year so far - but the 1st half (still haven't watched the 2nd half) of the Eagles game was a perfect example of why you sometimes have to look a bit deeper.

So it's 7-6, and Seattle is pinned inside their own 5 yard line after a great special teams play by the Eagles. You can sense a possible momentum shift. If the Eagles force a punt from here, at the very least they take the 10 - 6 lead, or even go up 14-6, in which case it could be a TOTALLY different game.

So who catches the 1st down ball to get Seattle some breathing room? Kearse.

Seattle then shoots themselves in the foot with a couple of penalties and suddenly it's 2nd and forever. Who picks up 17 yards to give the Seahawks third and manageable? Kearse again.

Now I suppose if you're arguing to argue you could complain about the Offensive PI call that Kearse later in the drive got to nullify the long gainer (he didn't even make contact with the DB), but I think we can mostly agree that that call was b.s.

So, Seattle ends up taking the lead with the Graham TD, and essentially never looks back. Kearse has a bunch of targets and not much 'production,' but holy hell people, that production was vital at that point in the game.

Anyway, just wanted to post something pro-Kearse, since most seem to think he's taking up a roster spot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse is fine. he was never a flashy WR or a speedster but he always seems to make a play for the Hawks when one is needed, Be it a TD or just turning a 2nd and 25 into a 3rd and 3. Kearse is fine but i would like to see Richardson get more playing time. He is only 24 years old and you can tell he has added about 10 pounds to his playing weight from his rookie season. I believe he is hands down the fastest WR on the team ( Lockett is more quick than fast ) and at 6 foot tall he has height that Lockett and Baldwin lack at 5 foot 10.

Having Lockett's quicks off the line and ability to get on top of people so fast and then Richardsons rip the top off speed i think would pair together so much better than having a average or below average speed guy like Kearse. Love Kearse but want to see a lot more of Paul, Before he got hurt we saw what he could do. That talent is still there and i feel we are wasting it.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Kearse is his yards after catch. Never understood why this thread was created in the first place.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Kearse is his yards after catch. Never understood why this thread was created in the first place.

i get why it was made, another person that only uses the eye test. SO much more goes into it not just what people see. many ignore the contested 4 to 6 yard catches and it's really to bad. seems like no flash time to bash lol.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the thread was made because so far this season Kearse has underperformed. Too many drops when he is targeted.

It is ok for this year as his cap number is not so large, and next year it would be foolish to cut him because his cap number and his dead money are similar.

But no matter how much you to support him, there is no way anyone can justify a $6.833 million dollar hit in 2018. His performance would have to improve tremendously to support that.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the criticism of Kearse is valid

Last year Kearse's catch to target percentage was an astounding 72%. This year he has dipped down to 55%. I'm still a believer in Kearse though. The guy is responsible for some of the biggest/most memorable catches in Seahawks history.

- The 4th and 7 touchdown catch against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game
- The pinball touchdown bouncing off 3 Broncos defender in the Superbowl 48
- The game winning touchdown to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship
- The crazy juggling catch that would have been an all time signature Superbowl moment (similar to Tyree's catch) had the Seahawks punched in that TD against the Patriots.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the criticism of Kearse is valid

Last year Kearse's catch to target percentage was an astounding 72%. This year he has dipped down to 55%. I'm still a believer in Kearse though. The guy is responsible for some of the biggest/most memorable catches in Seahawks history.

- The 4th and 7 touchdown catch against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game
- The pinball touchdown bouncing off 3 Broncos defender in the Superbowl 48
- The game winning touchdown to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship
- The crazy juggling catch that would have been an all time signature Superbowl moment (similar to Tyree's catch) had the Seahawks punched in that TD against the Patriots.

I wish we had access to game film relating to EVERY pass attempt to Kearse. It takes two players to complete a successful catch. Just looking at the completion percentage is just a wrong way to evaluate a receiver. I know Pete & John will be scrutinizing the game film during the off season before making any decisions.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we had access to game film relating to EVERY pass attempt to Kearse. It takes two players to complete a successful catch. Just looking at the completion percentage is just a wrong way to evaluate a receiver. I know Pete & John will be scrutinizing the game film during the off season before making any decisions.

Granted....

1 - 2nd 10, own 25. Slant pattern - wide open - ball thrown significantly behind. Easily 8-10 yard if ball thrown better.
2 - 1st 10, own 8. Curl. wide open. 12 yard gain.
3 - 2nd 20, own 10. come back. Open. 17 yard gain.
4 - 2nd goal, Phil 3. In route - broken outside on scramble. Ball thrown away - not actually targeted to Kearse.
5 - 3rd goal, Phil 3. Slant patter jumped. Ball incomplete.
6 - 1st 10, own 41. Deep corner route. Open. Ball underthrown and inaccurate (Russell scrambling right and arm hit on throw), Kearse unable to get two feet down, better thrown ball goes for at least 30 (though with converging safety and sideline not much more than that.)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't get me wrong, of all the receivers on the squad, I think Kearse is the most likely to be traded/let go/cut for salary cap reasons, and moving forward, he WILL be moved on in favor of younger guys with more upside... I just think it's silly to say he's wasted space on the roster or anything like that. He DOES make ridiculous catches in big moments. He very nearly came up with the catch to beat the Saints, and Russ overthrew that badly.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it up with Wilson why Kearse gets so many targets.

Play callers don't just make the call to throw it to a particular receiver. They have designated primary receivers and progressions in mind when they calll the play, but those change depending on defensive look that the QB sees.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you might see them continue to feed Kearse a lot. He is in a funk and the only way to get out of it is to continue to give him chances. There is no doubt that when he is playing like himself he is a great asset to the Hawks passing game, He will be fine. Will he be traded or released in the offseason? Not traded, but released very well could happen but ONLY if they find another big body WR and not until 2018. Kearse is only 6 foot tall but he plays bigger.

The Dead money if released in 2017 is $3.66 Million and cap savings is only $366,000 so that would make zero sense BUT in 2018 the dead money would only be $1.8 Mill and the cap savings would be $5 million.