• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kearse had the most targets again yesterday...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got tired of talking about the line and people acting like I was being a homer because I thought they have played well. Hell, when I advocated for Fant to start LT when Sowell went down - people acted like I was saying he was the next Walter Jones because I wasn't saying he was gonna be another POS out there. It's gotten to the point that the board is not much fun - it's like we're talking about the 2009 Seattle Seahawks sometimes.

Don't let the complainers get you down. Might not hurt to put those that bug you the worse on ignore, might be worth a try.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let the complainers get you down. Might not hurt to put those that bug you the worse on ignore, might be worth a try.

I have - then I undid it, then re hid - then unhid. It's a vicious cycle.... ;)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got tired of talking about the line and people acting like I was being a homer because I thought they have played well. Hell, when I advocated for Fant to start LT when Sowell went down - people acted like I was saying he was the next Walter Jones because I wasn't saying he was gonna be another POS out there. It's gotten to the point that the board is not much fun - it's like we're talking about the 2009 Seattle Seahawks sometimes.

Don't let others bug you... It happens on message boards... Things will always get blown out of content because there is no accountability... Just like me on the Mariners board... Last year I said Seager wasn't a top 5 3B but was a very solid player... Now people claim I just said he was, "Average"... But it's ok because I don't need them to validate who I am or what kind of fan I am... I

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let others bug you... It happens on message boards... Things will always get blown out of content because there is no accountability... Just like me on the Mariners board... Last year I said Seager wasn't a top 5 3B and was a very solid player... Not people claim I just said he was, "Average"... But it's ok because I don't need them to validate who I am or what kind of fan I am...

I don't have any problem with it. I know my stuff, and I don't need certain posters to validate. I just wish they'd get new material. I don't think there's truly been a new discussion about anyone on this board in 4 years - every time someone tries it gets dragged back into the same old same old.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what you mean, but disagreement is kinda' the lifeblood of a message board. I don't mind when people disagree either, I just want them to back it up with something other than ...'AAARGH, my FEELINGS say so!'

I guess in a way, we all get kinda' stuck in our mindsets, but your Fant example is a good one.

1. He's raw, and cheap.
2. We've had trouble with cheap raw players.
3. Therefore Fant is going to suck.

Thus if you say you think with his athleticism and that Seahawks trademark 'chip', Fant has a chance to be a player, people have to build a strawman of you saying that he's going to be the next Big Walt.

When all you might be saying is some version of 'Fant could be a guy who'll fit quite nicely into the retooling of our O-line that they're trying to achieve over the next couple of seasons.'

I keep coming back to this basic fundamental. J + S have bought themselves a LOT of rope. I trust in them to have a vision, and to work towards that.

With good drafting, the luxury of Wilson, and that vision, Seattle should be annoyingly competitive for the next 10-12 years. There will be setbacks and bumps, and with an injury or three, whole seasons could go sideways, BUT we should be excited about having one of the premiere teams in the NFL to cheer for.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let others bug you... It happens on message boards...

:) To add to AO's thought, we've 'known' each other for a LOOONG time, we used to both post at KFFL, and I suspect AO may have been around in the ancient CNNSI days too - and we get on each other's nerves now and then, there's PLENTY that we disagree with.

But AO is good people, and despite all our odd flareups, I can say from my end, that I appreciate what he brings to the discussion.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have disagreements at one point or another but at the end of the day we all have the same thing in common, too see the Seahawks hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) To add to AO's thought, we've 'known' each other for a LOOONG time, we used to both post at KFFL, and I suspect AO may have been around in the ancient CNNSI days too - and we get on each other's nerves now and then, there's PLENTY that we disagree with.

But AO is good people, and despite all our odd flareups, I can say from my end, that I appreciate what he brings to the discussion.

Ditto... It would be boring if we all agreed all the time... :D

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have disagreements at one point or another but at the end of the day we all have the same thing in common, too see the Seahawks hoist the Lombardi trophy.

I don't think the issue is that there are disagreements. As you and others have said, disagreements are going to happen. They're just not particularly respectful disagreements most of the time here. For a group of people who all want the same thing, we're not shy about treating each other like a troll from another team's board when we disagree on something. Most of our "arguments" devolve into internet shouting matches and the questioning of various posters' intelligence. If there's a particular hot button issue, it seems to find its way into every other conversation one way or another, which derails those conversations too.

We give opinions and treat them as facts without actual facts or stats to back them up, getting angry whenever someone challenges those opinions and when we're really determined to be "right", we cherry pick stats to fit the argument we're making. We have a bunch of stubborn hotheads who just like to argue. Otherwise we wouldn't keep bringing up the same topics over and over when we know we're never going to agree or even agree to disagree on them. We don't have to agree on everything and we're never going to, but it would help if everyone talked out those disagreements like we really do all want the same thing instead of treating every disagreement as a personal affront.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AO, JMR, and I were all from the CNNSI days. We've seen all sorts of pointless arguments. I've even had a few pointless arguments with AO over the years.

The 2011-2012 seasons were pretty contentious. First CBJ and then Russell Wilson starting. It got pretty hot.

We're spoiled now and have to look for things to complain about a team that wins double digits every season and is a SB contender every season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AO, JMR, and I were all from the CNNSI days. We've seen all sorts of pointless arguments. I've even had a few pointless arguments with AO over the years.

The 2011-2012 seasons were pretty contentious. First CBJ and then Russell Wilson starting. It got pretty hot.

We're spoiled now and have to look for things to complain about a team that wins double digits every season and is a SB contender every season.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I'm tempted to start posting game logs from 1992 to remind people of what bad football actually looks like.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring up legitimate problems, like our redzone offense and wilsons subpar stats inside the 10 and its ignored by everyone here. Nobody seems concerned aboutany of our issues, its all rainbows and unicorns. Even when we get exposed.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring up legitimate problems, like our redzone offense and wilsons subpar stats inside the 10 and its ignored by everyone here. Nobody seems concerned about any of our issues, its all rainbows and unicorns. Even when we get exposed.

That's really the point to this. You've been crying wolf about everything for so long - no matter what it is - that I hardly even care what you write anymore. Legitimate or not, the fact that you've cried about so much that I consider to not be legitimate - I just don't care anymore what you think is wrong with the team, because it seems to be everything.

Even in your critique that Wilson and the Hawks are subpar in the redzone and inside the ten, you framed it to get in your standard complaints about play calling and that Jimmy Graham isn't involved enough in the red zone. I didn't read it as a true concern about the offensive performance, just another Bevell sucks and Graham should be the only receiver targeted inside the 20 diatribe you are constantly spouting. Or in other words, same argument you've been fighting for years. So, what good reason is there to get involved in the debate......again?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF has Jermaine Kearse as the 4th worst WR in the entire league...

reddit: the front page of the internet

It has been very obvious to everyone that Kearse is having a down year. I questioned the new contract that he was given this offseason but the team valued continuity, so 3 years- $13.5 million. If he was playing at the top of his game he would be worth this much, but currently his output could be replaced by a minimum guy.¨

The big issue that I am having is how many balls are close to him or hitting him in the hands (not sure how many are officially defined as drops) that he is just not reeling in. He really needs to fight for the ball and own it much better than he is currently doing.

I could see them cutting him in 2018 if he does not return to form ($6.8+ million in salary and $1.8+ million in dead money), but next year it would be $3.6+ million in dead money vs $4+ million in salary, so we probably have to ride it out and see if he can start pulling them in at least for one more year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really the point to this. You've been crying wolf about everything for so long - no matter what it is - that I hardly even care what you write anymore. Legitimate or not, the fact that you've cried about so much that I consider to not be legitimate - I just don't care anymore what you think is wrong with the team, because it seems to be everything.

Even in your critique that Wilson and the Hawks are subpar in the redzone and inside the ten, you framed it to get in your standard complaints about play calling and that Jimmy Graham isn't involved enough in the red zone. I didn't read it as a true concern about the offensive performance, just another Bevell sucks and Graham should be the only receiver targeted inside the 20 diatribe you are constantly spouting. Or in other words, same argument you've been fighting for years. So, what good reason is there to get involved in the debate......again?
There's a guy who sits next to us at the games who is ALWAYS bitching and complaining. So damn annoying, and he's clueless about 90% of the time. I have absolutely zero interest in having a discussion about anything football related with guys like that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring up legitimate problems, like our redzone offense and wilsons subpar stats inside the 10 and its ignored by everyone here. Nobody seems concerned aboutany of our issues, its all rainbows and unicorns. Even when we get exposed.

We all see the RZ issues with our own eyes. We also see a great team that wins just about every game they play. So yeah, there's a shit ton of positives to look at. I can't get too caught up with what they're bad at when they're good at just about everything else. While you seem to ignore the positives and just focus on the one or two things that went wrong.

No team is perfectly well rounded in every area, yet you seem to believe that Seattle has a major Achilles heel and some of the other top tier competition doesn't. Every single team in the league has things that they aren't great at, but maybe only a couple other teams do as many things as well in every other area as Seattle does to compensate and still win.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would have fit in better in a pre-cap world, as a fan of the Cowboys or 9ers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spend 10 minutes reading the Eagles threads, how many of their fans would take Kearse (even this year's version) on the Eagles? 90%?

We seem to find things to complain about. Pretty small problems. He's ALWAYS made the big catch in big moments. Not ever been a true #1 type though.

As an example from THIS year, he nearly managed to win the game vs the Saints, on a ball he had no business even trying to catch.

Again, J + S have a lot of rope with me. If they think Kearse can be a contributor going forward, I'm okay with being patient.