• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kearse had the most targets again yesterday...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Kearse was with Baldwin one of the best in the NFL at catch %.

He's having a bad year, no doubt.

Suddenly he can't catch though?

And AO, didn't you and I argue the exact point that Kearse was a good blocker, except you were arguing that he wasn't, thus getting blown up by Browner in the 2nd SB?

If that wasn't you, apologies.

Sorry, my spider senses were tingling, so I figured I'd check in here. =)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kearse was tied with the Most targets again but this time came away with the most rec yards on the team for this game. Kearse and Graham both had 9 targets. He did play better and i hope he continues to improve. This team will need Kearse to be much bigger than he has been so far this season that's for sure.

funny stat here. Kearse, Baldwin, Lockett and Graham all had between 63-68 yards for the game. All 4 were with in 5 yards of each other in total yards receiving. that's what you call balancing out your plays for each one of your guys lol.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take away the pass from boykin and his numbers dont look so nice. it was a blatant push off i cant believe they let him get away with it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take away the pass from boykin and his numbers dont look so nice. it was a blatant push off i cant believe they let him get away with it.

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Snuggles!

I've got good news. You won the state lottery, your son is valedictorian of his graduating class, your wife made US magazines sexiest women list, and your daughter has been accepted to Juliard!

<Snuggles looks up with a pained expression...>

'Should have been my powerball ticket, my son didn't make the lacrosse team, US magazine, puuuuhleasse- rag. And who can get a job with an arts degree these days! Bah!"

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Snuggles!

I've got good news. You won the state lottery, your son is valedictorian of his graduating class, your wife made US magazines sexiest women list, and your daughter has been accepted to Juliard!

<Snuggles looks up with a pained expression...>

'Should have been my powerball ticket, my son didn't make the lacrosse team, US magazine, puuuuhleasse- rag. And who can get a job with an arts degree these days! Bah!"

go back and watch the play, it was one of the most blatant push offs i have seen. the dude cant get open, the only way he is ever open is when he pushes off. he needs to be cut, but unfortunately next year we cant cut him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go back and watch the play, it was one of the most blatant push offs i have seen. the dude cant get open, the only way he is ever open is when he pushes off. he needs to be cut, but unfortunately next year we cant cut him.

heh. Just curious, but do you ever just enjoy stuff?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was that blatant, the officials would have called it. You know they love calling OPI on Kearse. To say that that was one of the most blatant push offs you've seen is to suggest you've either not seen very many blatant push offs or you're looking for things to ridicule Kearse for to suit your opinion that he needs to be cut. The fact that you're on here frequently complai... I mean talking about the team and the games means that you've been watching the games, and if you've been watching the games, then you've definitely seen much more blatant push offs than that one, so I can't help but conclude that you're exaggerating things to find any reason to back up your opinion that Kearse needs to be cut. There have been things worth criticizing Kearse for this year. You shouldn't have to stoop to hyperbole to make a point.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go find the play and watch it, he pushed off badly. he pushes off constantly.

why you clowns always defend our players even when they suck or are at fault amazes me. kearse starts nowhere if he isnt on our team. its pathetic.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why you clowns always defend our players even when they suck or are at fault amazes me. kearse starts nowhere if he isnt on our team. its pathetic.

What you don't get is that you're a clown too, just a sad clown.

e2773567ed027358f5e61e4b7d26a632.jpg

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with taking you seriously is that you can only see what you want to see. Hell, that "push off" wasn't even the most blatant push off of the game, let alone all time.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, this thread is just getting sad when a fellow Seahawk fan needs to resort to name calling when the majority of the posters don't agree with his view.

So, Kearse sucks and needs to be cut. OK, if we use Kearse as the barometer for getting the axe then every receiver not named Baldwin or Graham needs to go. There is a HUGE gap when trying to compare them to our two best receivers. No, I think I'd keep Kearse if I was either the coach or GM and you know what, they are doing just that. Moving on now.....

Receiver Stats.png

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, this thread is just getting sad when a fellow Seahawk fan needs to resort to name calling when the majority of the posters don't agree with his view.

So, Kearse sucks and needs to be cut. OK, if we use Kearse as the barometer for getting the axe then every receiver not named Baldwin or Graham needs to go. There is a HUGE gap when trying to compare them to our two best receivers. No, I think I'd keep Kearse if I was either the coach or GM and you know what, they are doing just that. Moving on now.....

View attachment 152152

Kearse is one of the worst in the NFL in catch% (52%) w/ over 48 targets... That' the main beef with him for as much as he plays...

Richardson is at 54%
Lockett is at 53%

Also, i'd be interested to see how many times each of these 3 are targeted downfield... Seems like most of Richardsons targets are when he's downfield and when that's the case, the percentages go south...

Nice to see Kearse FINALLY play up to what is expected of him as a starter... If he can sustain it, then good for him and the team... He needs to be efficient and productive while getting as many plays from scrimmage as he does...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 152152

Without targets those stats are sort of meaningless. Wilsons qb rating throwing to kearse is 42.6. Hes a below average wr, should easily be replaced but we are paying him too much at this point, cutting him makes little cap sense unfortunately

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without targets those stats are sort of meaningless. Wilsons qb rating throwing to kearse is 42.6. Hes a below average wr, should easily be replaced but we are paying him too much at this point, cutting him makes little cap sense unfortunately

And eventually when it comes time to sign some of our younger guys (Lockett for example), Kearse will have priced himself out of a job. He'll get cut. That's how it works. Be patient.

As I've already posted, LAST YEAR, Kearse was among the best in the NFL at catch % as a WR.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a way to look at EVERY pass attempt towards Kearse this season. I mean, are the balls just going through his hands or bouncing off his number? Was a good chunk of these "misses" when Russ was injured and couldn't move at all earlier this season? Some of Russ's passes this season have had me scratching my head.

Anyhow, maybe the low completion percentage is completely Kearse's fault. If so, I can understand the sudden hate for him. What I do know is that when Kearse does catch the ball, good things usually happen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a way to look at EVERY pass attempt towards Kearse this season. I mean, are the balls just going through his hands or bouncing off his number? Was a good chunk of these "misses" when Russ was injured and couldn't move at all earlier this season? Some of Russ's passes this season have had me scratching my head.

Anyhow, maybe the low completion percentage is completely Kearse's fault. If so, I can understand the sudden hate for him. What I do know is that when Kearse does catch the ball, good things usually happen.

I wish I still had all the games, but of the games I have the recordings for (which is the last 3) only 1 pass was dropped. 3 of the passes attributed to Kearse were throw-aways out of bounds. I can't say for the whole season, but Russell's injuries kept him inconsistent all season and I just feel that it's pretty likely that Kearse's struggles are partly due to Wilson's issues as well.

Before people get all huffy and point to Baldwin, remember that Baldwin catches a lot of short routes and screens that aren't there for Kearse. Kearse (29%), Lockett (28%) and Richardson (33%) all have significantly higher rates of balls thrown to them 15+ yards down field than Baldwin (15%) and Graham (20%). The higher number of deep balls will bring down a players completion %.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's fair to say that he's not having his best year. To me the sticking point is whether he's potentially still a valuable member of the squad.

Again, he played like CRAP in the NFCCG against the Packers, having balls go off his hands resulting in picks, but he came up big when it mattered most.