• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kearse had the most targets again yesterday...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham, targeted 7x's, 6 catches

Baldwin, targeted 8x's, 7 catches

Kearse, targeted 5x's, 1 catch

Same broken record each and every week it seems... His great catches were last season... He's done nothing to help this offense this year... 56 targets, 29 catches for the year... Basically, there is a 50/50 chance he'll catch it... That's horrible for a guy who sees so many targets...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting of note, Kearse has a league leading (5) OPI penalties in the NFL... That is more than most NFL teams... The criticism he's been getting for not running good routes and getting much separation could tribute to the reason for the OPI's on his part...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting of note, Kearse has a league leading (5) OPI penalties in the NFL... That is more than most NFL teams... The criticism he's been getting for not running good routes and getting much separation could tribute to the reason for the OPI's on his part...

According to a podcast on 710 I listened to today, the NFL admitted after the fact that only one of the OPI called have been legit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah his pick plays is where he is getting all the OPI's. Thing is if Kearse was playing AGAINST the Hawks those wouldn't have been called lol.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had 2 OPIs against the rams that were just pure BS, not pick plays either

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting stat mentioned on KJR

Kearse is 0-9 being targeted in the red zone...

No other receiver in the NFL is 0-4

I know teams have keyed in on Jimmy and Doug in the red zone, but we can still scheme to get those guys open. Instead I think either Russ or Bevell have opted to take the one on one match ups with Kearse.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting stat mentioned on KJR

Kearse is 0-9 being targeted in the red zone...

No other receiver in the NFL is 0-4

I know teams have keyed in on Jimmy and Doug in the red zone, but we can still scheme to get those guys open. Instead I think either Russ or Bevell have opted to take the one on one match ups with Kearse.

I really think it's Russ, Kearse just seems to be his guy. The New Orleans game still pisses me off.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New Orleans game still pisses me off.

What, the way he almost caught a ball that was all but uncatchable?

I mean, c'mon now. Kick him for dropping some passes, yes. But THAT pass? No.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, the way he almost caught a ball that was all but uncatchable?

I mean, c'mon now. Kick him for dropping some passes, yes. But THAT pass? No.

I'm not pissed at Kearse for not catching the ball, I'm pissed the ball was thrown to Kearse in the first place

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pissed at Kearse for not catching the ball, I'm pissed the ball was thrown to Kearse in the first place

Why? The other guys were covered, Kearse was open, Russ overthrew it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing sometimes that quality of pass to him is rarely given as an explanation as to why Kearse has been struggling. I'm not saying Kearse hasn't had his issues, but man, he's getting crucified for every pass attempt thrown his way. I would venture a guess (I don't have every game tape anymore, DVR can only hold so much) that half, if not more, of the incomplete targets Kearse has this season are a direct result of Russell Wilson's accuracy. In the last two games I have been paying specific attention to Kearse's targets, and he has 3 catches in 11 targets. Of the 8 incompletes - only 2 of them would I put on Kearse - the red zone slant against Philly and the drop against Tampa. The other 6 have been either underthrown, overthrown, thrown behind or thrown away.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing sometimes that quality of pass to him is rarely given as an explanation as to why Kearse has been struggling. I'm not saying Kearse hasn't had his issues, but man, he's getting crucified for every pass attempt thrown his way. I would venture a guess (I don't have every game tape anymore, DVR can only hold so much) that half, if not more, of the incomplete targets Kearse has this season are a direct result of Russell Wilson's accuracy. In the last two games I have been paying specific attention to Kearse's targets, and he has 3 catches in 11 targets. Of the 8 incompletes - only 2 of them would I put on Kearse - the red zone slant against Philly and the drop against Tampa. The other 6 have been either underthrown, overthrown, thrown behind or thrown away.

I understand what you're saying but regards to your last sentence, look at the route he ran on those throws... He's not in the spot RW is throwing them too... He doesn't run crisp routes... He deserves the criticism imo... He should be playing as much as he is because he's not a productive enough receiver to be getting as many snaps as he has been... You can't tell me that RW is only accurate to the other 5 guys on the team but throws bad balls to only Kearse most of the time... I think a lot of that has to do w/ his poor route running abilities...

I understand why we used him the way we have in the past... We ran the ball with authority and he's a pretty good run blocker for a WR... But with our running game being dismal this year and teams knowing we have to throw to be successful for the most part? He's not as good in the role he's being asked to play now in the passing game...

I don't dislike the guy but he should be a #5 or #6 WR on a roster, not a guy who get's as much PT/targets as he's been getting... He's simply not productive enough to warrant that...

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying but regards to your last sentence, look at the route he ran on those throws... He's not in the spot RW is throwing them too... He doesn't run crisp routes... He deserves the criticism imo... He should be playing as much as he is because he's not a productive enough receiver to be getting as many snaps as he has been... You can't tell me that RW is only accurate to the other 5 guys on the team but throws bad balls to only Kearse most of the time... I think a lot of that has to do w/ his poor route running abilities...

I understand why we used him the way we have in the past... We ran the ball with authority and he's a pretty good run blocker for a WR... But with our running game being dismal this year and teams knowing we have to throw to be successful for the most part? He's not as good in the role he's being asked to play now in the passing game...

I don't dislike the guy but he should be a #5 or #6 WR on a roster, not a guy who get's as much PT/targets as he's been getting... He's simply not productive enough to warrant that...

Find I agree. The part about being the run blocking IMO is spot on, also does not have the route running skills or hands of some of the other WRs.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baldwin and Graham are the only 2 who are catching a high percentage of their targets, and they are far and away the most targeted receivers. Kearse, Lockett and Richardson are all under 55% right now. So the only solution to make sure that only top catching receivers get targets is to throw only to Baldwin, Graham and check downs to RBs. That's just not going to work, you have to work those other guys in at some point.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Kearse was with Baldwin one of the best in the NFL at catch %.

He's having a bad year, no doubt.

Suddenly he can't catch though?

And AO, didn't you and I argue the exact point that Kearse was a good blocker, except you were arguing that he wasn't, thus getting blown up by Browner in the 2nd SB?

If that wasn't you, apologies.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the catch %, the Seahawks had a ridiculous THREE guys with over 70% catch rates in '15, and Kearse was 2nd behind Baldwin, and a full % point better than Lockett at #3.

Why does Russ trust him? Because in a game where he had multiple balls bounce off his hands, resulting in INT's, he did this:

Kearse-catch-BH.jpg

Again, eventually Kearse will price himself out of a job in Seattle. But let's not re-write history about his ability to catch the ball.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh no, sorry. It was going to kearse no matter what because he was one on one. He was never "open".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh no, sorry. It was going to kearse no matter what because he was one on one. He was never "open".

Sure, let's play word games about what 'open' means.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your definition of covered is dubious.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your definition of covered is dubious.

You want to parse words, you said it yourself, he was the one single covered. <shrug> Wilson has confidence in him for a reason. MMQB'ing everything everyone does is of course your right as a fan.