• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi is staying in Toronto

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that moron doesnt know what hes talking about. No one knows, but I think hes going to the Lakers and will wait until next week to announce and I think the Lakers already know. Just my personal opinion

Keep that hope alive

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Why would he sign a 1+1 year deal and possibly leave next year if he can clearly go to the Lakers, who have two stars now. That literally makes no sense. What makes sense if he already likes this team and he wants max money, stay in Toronto. If it isn't just about the money and you do want to play with stars and win championships possibly in LA...go to the Lakers - possibly on a short-term deal to get max money quicker or just a 3 year deal.

The 1 year deal is making less and less sense. So he could leave in a year to join the Lakers or Clippers? Why? He could do that right now and not even risk one year

It doesn't make sense but most of these guys don't seem to care about the max deals. They seem to care most about mobility and if kawhi felt like there was not a better fit right now than toronto, that would buy him a little time to re evaluate soon without getting too tied down.

Back to the max deals, why the fuck did the union fight for it if it seems most of their union doesn't give a shit about it? They could have fought for something else instead that the players wanted more

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS

The only way Kawhi returns to the Raptors is if Drake's kicked outta Canada.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Why would he sign a 1+1 year deal and possibly leave next year if he can clearly go to the Lakers, who have two stars now. That literally makes no sense. What makes sense if he already likes this team and he wants max money, stay in Toronto. If it isn't just about the money and you do want to play with stars and win championships possibly in LA...go to the Lakers - possibly on a short-term deal to get max money quicker or just a 3 year deal.

The 1 year deal is making less and less sense. So he could leave in a year to join the Lakers or Clippers? Why? He could do that right now and not even risk one year

The 1+1 seems to be a very popular move for the big stars in recent years. Keeps pressure on the front office to maintain an excellent team, and with salaries going up every year, you wind up getting paid more yearly. Of course, the risk is that you could get injured.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense but most of these guys don't seem to care about the max deals. They seem to care most about mobility and if kawhi felt like there was not a better fit right now than toronto, that would buy him a little time to re evaluate soon without getting too tied down.

Back to the max deals, why the fuck did the union fight for it if it seems most of their union doesn't give a shit about it? They could have fought for something else instead that the players wanted more

It clearly isn't about the money, I mean just knowing how Kawhi goes about himself that seems reasonable. But if the goal is to win, the Toronto 1+1 doesn't make sense imo. He would have never brought the Lakers into it so like you said it probably has to do with fit but even more than that management...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch is the op talking shit. CLUTCH SHITTER
I do wonder what you yourself understand out of your own saying... Do you confuse Clatch (the managing company) with ..clutch? ...just wondering what you target to prove here... is your confusion the case?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one claiming to know doesnt, but I do think Leonard did it this way to see the responses and measure how the different clubs operate before making a decision

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one claiming to know doesnt, but I do think Leonard did it this way to see the responses and measure how the different clubs operate before making a decision
Yeah because Kawhi hasn't had the last year to figure out how the Raptors already operate

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sensing some ant-lebronlakers sentiment in this thread.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems to be a fairly recent thing where max money matters less than playing with your friends and taking less to have better teammates around you. Which makes sense as the numbers get bigger. If it's a difference between making $5 mil a year and $8 mil a year, that's significant. If it's $43 mil vs $40 mil, who really cares if it means you have a better team?

Maybe the next CBA will reflect the new reality somehow.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm hearing the whole city of Toronto is on lockdown. Everyone is going berserk so they're trying to control things