• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap on the trading block

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke denies it. Just like he denied the whole Harbaugh situation. While I don't believe this report I certainly don't trust what Baalke says to the media.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will trade you EJ straight up for him

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole story is bogus. Baalke's comments couldn't have been more emphatic

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract does not have a lot of guarantee money. Its more team friendly than it appears

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One fan made a great point. You cant trust York and Baalke. They said they would get a deal done with Gore and hes gone... You have to play the wait and see if its true game...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract does not have a lot of guarantee money. Its more team friendly than it appears
Blaine Gabbert has about the same amount of guanteered money. When compared to other NFL QB's it is really low

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTE="Pattersonca65, post: 6322278, member: 2044"]Blaine Gabbert has about the same amount of guanteered money. When compared to other NFL QB's it is really low[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I dont think any team wants kaep though. It would have to be the eagles or no one. Who else would run a gimmick offense?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTE="Pattersonca65, post: 6322278, member: 2044"]Blaine Gabbert has about the same amount of guanteered money. When compared to other NFL QB's it is really low
Exactly. I dont think any team wants kaep though. It would have to be the eagles or no one. Who else would run a gimmick offense?[/QUOTE]

Whether 49er fans want Kaerpernick or not, the team doesn't have any other QB signed and they aren't going to get anybody better on the FA market. They would need to start by drafting a QB, but you don't let go of your starter before even drafting a QB

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I dont think any team wants kaep though. It would have to be the eagles or no one. Who else would run a gimmick offense?

Whether 49er fans want Kaerpernick or not, the team doesn't have any other QB signed and they aren't going to get anybody better on the FA market. They would need to start by drafting a QB, but you don't let go of your starter before even drafting a QB[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking that completely. I wouldn't call Hoyer an upgrade at all but maybe they have their eyes on someone else?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether 49er fans want Kaerpernick or not, the team doesn't have any other QB signed and they aren't going to get anybody better on the FA market. They would need to start by drafting a QB, but you don't let go of your starter before even drafting a QB

I was just thinking that completely. I wouldn't call Hoyer an upgrade at all but maybe they have their eyes on someone else?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the list of NFL free agent QB's. It is really bad. No way I would take any of those. I wouldn't even swap Kaepernick for Cutler.

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. As said, considering our options in free agency, the draft, and the assets of the mentioned teams, this type of move makes no sense.

With that being said, this offseason has proven York and Baalke pull the trigger on decisions that make the least sense. So who knows.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking that completely. I wouldn't call Hoyer an upgrade at all but maybe they have their eyes on someone else?

Have you seen the list of NFL free agent QB's. It is really bad. No way I would take any of those. I wouldn't even swap Kaepernick for Cutler.[/QUOTE].

Im with you on that. Free agents are not good and I wouldn't trade him for cutler either. I would trade him for Foles though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what the cap hit would be if we traded him? I didn't think they would trade him this season because of the cap hit, but maybe the Niners don't care because they plan on this being a throw away season anyway.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what the cap hit would be if we traded him? I didn't think they would trade him this season because of the cap hit, but maybe the Niners don't care because they plan on this being a throw away season anyway.

Over the cap has us paying 9.8 million of his 15 million salary if we trade him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have you seen the list of NFL free agent QB's. It is really bad. No way I would take any of those. I wouldn't even swap Kaepernick for Cutler.

Im with you on that. Free agents are not good and I wouldn't trade him for cutler either. I would trade him for Foles though.[/QUOTE]

yeah, think timing is bad for trading Kaep right now. We shouldn't head into this season with an average or below average QB.

But if we did "have to" trade Kaep, Foles is the type of QB we'd want. He isn't top notch, but he can pass from the pocket better than Kaep. We'd then have to draft a QB now, or next year.

the big question is.....what else would we get besides a 'Foles'?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im with you on that. Free agents are not good and I wouldn't trade him for cutler either. I would trade him for Foles though.

yeah, think timing is bad for trading Kaep right now. We shouldn't head into this season with an average or below average QB.

But if we did "have to" trade Kaep, Foles is the type of QB we'd want. He isn't top notch, but he can pass from the pocket better than Kaep. We'd then have to draft a QB now, or next year.

the big question is.....what else would we get besides a 'Foles'?[/QUOTE]

very good question, and I agree we would then have to draft a QB very soon. When you weigh all that into the equation. You are better off staying right where you are, and it looks like the bears are thinking the same.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good question, and I agree we would then have to draft a QB very soon. When you weigh all that into the equation. You are better off staying right where you are, and it looks like the bears are thinking the same.

Foles is being paid 1.7, so 1.7 plus 9.8 is less than 15.8. But the draft is the snag because the QB class isn't that great this year for a starter. Would we draft for a backup and hope Foles is the answer? Nah. Could be, as I don't count most people out before they have a chance in our system, but bet on it? No.