• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap on the trading block

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post was in response about two different seasons that were mentioned.

Kaepernick made it to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith never didn't as a 49er, so Smith wouldn't be another QB who got as close to a SB since Young

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree 100% about Kap. One play away from winning a SB and one play away from getting to another SB. Yeah, last year was down and there is definite room to improve in his game. Everyone seems to have forgotten the looooooooooong string of mediocre to cr*ppy QBs we have had in the last many years. Go Kap. Go Niners. Fire Jed.

earlier I agreed with Kaep being a good QB, but just wanted to comment on the bolden. While Kaep DID contribute to those SB and near SB seasons, keep in mind the quality of team he was QB'ing? For ME, winning games and reaching the SB is a little overrated when describing Kaep.

a TEAM reaches the play-offs and SB, not just the QB. We had good TEAMS of late so one might argue more than few QB's should've won the SB, or should've gotten to the SB.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick made it to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith never didn't as a 49er, so Smith wouldn't be another QB who got as close to a SB since Young
Got that part. If you want to debate this then let's discuss why Kap is being compared to Young. I was just pointing out that Smith got the 9ers as far as Kap did in one season. To be honest if Smith had stayed a 9er we would have at least one SB ring.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got that part. If you want to debate this then let's discuss why Kap is being compared to Young. I was just pointing out that Smith got the 9ers as far as Kap did in one season. To be honest if Smith had stayed a 9er we would have at least one SB ring.

No way anyone can say for sure that Smith would have won a SB. Smith didn't win any SB in his prior 6+ seasons...all hyperbole and conjecture at this point. The team D lost the SB by not showing up in the 1st half against the Ravens and it's not like Alex was the king of comebacks. Kap actually did a great job in that game coming back...just fell a bit short throwing to Crabs too much...sound familiar...same as Championship game the next year..throwing again to Crabs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darken, he wasn't comparing Kap to Young. He simply said no other QB since Young got the 49ers as far. Smith didn't get to a super bowl, while he almost got as close as Kap, he did not quite make it

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Name the other QB that got us that close since Young.
It wasn't the Quarterback that got us close with kaepernick any more than it was Alex Smith who got them to overtime in the NFC Championship game. The Niners would have won both the games you speak of if Kaepernick had not blown them.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darken, he wasn't comparing Kap to Young. He simply said no other QB since Young got the 49ers as far. Smith didn't get to a super bowl, while he almost got as close as Kap, he did not quite make it
I'm just stirring the pot here.Not much going on in the 9er Nation other than players leaving or retiring. Gets a bit boring! :D

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just stirring the pot here.Not much going on in the 9er Nation other than players leaving or retiring. Gets a bit boring! :D

LOL, we might see something later. Nothing flashy. That isn't how Baalke operates