• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap on the trading block

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the cap has us paying 9.8 million of his 15 million salary if we trade him.

After this year, would we be done with the cap hit, or is the cap hit from paying the guaranteed part of his contract spread out over two or more years?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well with the 49ers due to resign Gabbert ..it's bombs away with trading Kap . Rumored we're signing Gabbert for 3yr/15M...burning up Kap space and Kapping Kap to another team. Get ready for Gabbert...wait for it...wait for it....to be our starting QB for 2015. Jeb's going to show us all how it's done with his guy:).....

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the 49ers due to resign Gabbert ..it's bombs away with trading Kap . Rumored we're signing Gabbert for 3yr/15M...burning up Kap space and Kapping Kap to another team. Get ready for Gabbert...wait for it...wait for it....to be our starting QB for 2015. Jeb's going to show us all how it's done with his guy:).....

Huh? Uncle Rico signed a two year, 2 million dollar deal. Get a grip.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got a Gripe? The word was rumored..of course signing for a mere 1M is good for the 9ers...now the9ers are free to trade Kap now although not the purpose of this signing. Just thinking out load....trade Kap straight up for the # 2 overall and take Marriota.
49ers get: #1) Kap gone with his contract that yields +10M replaced witth 5 yr cheap rookie contract with another high character guy
2) gets rid of Harbaugh guy Kap and imprints new regime change Qb who get new coach and new philosophy. Total do over..
3) Tanks season to maximize on draft for 2016 which should net us a lot of comp. picks with all the guys we are loosing anyways. Heck let Gabby start and we'll guarantee a top 5 pick next year!!
4) Jed gets what he wants...a cheap ass alternative and we gut it all in one year as opposed to drawing out the crappyness over a decade. If you're going to be a cheap ass go cheap ass all the way and get it done and be crap for a year like Indy did when they hit the shit fan to get Luck.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these negative posts about Kaepernick are starting to get a little annoying. I still feel he is a good QB and our franchise QB. He will never be Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, etc. cuz thats not the player he is. He had one bad year and everyone is ready to throw him under the bus which is crazy to me. With all the problems we had last year somehow we still ended up going 8-8. I think Kaep will bounce back next year and he still has atleast 2 years to try and turn this team around again if we are rebuilding. You can call me a homer but I feel this team could still win 10 games next year if we can stay healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All these negative posts about Kaepernick are starting to get a little annoying. I still feel he is a good QB and our franchise QB. He will never be Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, etc. cuz thats not the player he is. He had one bad year and everyone is ready to throw him under the bus which is crazy to me. With all the problems we had last year somehow we still ended up going 8-8. I think Kaep will bounce back next year and he still has atleast 2 years to try and turn this team around again if we are rebuilding. You can call me a homer but I feel this team could still win 10 games next year if we can stay healthy.

also feel he is a good QB but won't reach "elite" level. Also agree he'll likely get two more years, but more so because it isn't easy to get another good QB.

Even if he does about same as last season, Kaep will likely get another till Baalke brings in another starter. Kaep needs to show individual improvement in the passing game, the wins will follow. Improvement meaning the mental and intangible parts, not the physical. He has more than enough game experience with no major changes in the scheme.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also feel he is a good QB but won't reach "elite" level. Also agree he'll likely get two more years, but more so because it isn't easy to get another good QB.

Even if he does about same as last season, Kaep will likely get another till Baalke brings in another starter. Kaep needs to show individual improvement in the passing game, the wins will follow. Improvement meaning the mental and intangible parts, not the physical. He has more than enough game experience with no major changes in the scheme.

Kaep did have a down year, IMO our game plan majorly flawed. We all talked about it in another thread...but there were too many cooks in the kitchen calling plays with Harbs as the air traffic controller. Plays consistently coming in late, our vet WR's not able to get off the line, and the inability to make in game offensive adjustments really hurt Kaep. I'm hoping that Warner has been able to open his eyes to quick decision making...hoping that this is the year the game slows down from a pocket passing perspective. Nobody knows what the ceiling is for Kaep, it's all pure speculation at this point.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually like Kap and have posted such in the past. Best thing for him is to get the heck away from the dumpster fire that we have become. It is because I like him that IF he is traded I.m ok with it because he'll probably be better off away from this mess. However, if he stays I think he' ll be fine. His TD to int. ratio is still just fine and with a better OL performance things will look up. It still amazes me all the negative talk on him given the sacks given up. A new metric should be invented ...the sack to int ratio. It will show Kap had an outstanding year last year in that he didn't throw a lot of INT's last year given the constant pressure he was under. Most QBs given up tons of INts when they get sacked 50+ times in a season. FYI...I am against trading KAP but see that if that is the new strategy we might as well get it done fast and then tank the season to maximize the 2016 draft outcome to get better faster. What I don't want us tp do is spin our wheels with mediocre picks and mediocre coaches which we now seem to be doing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Kap and have posted such in the past. Best thing for him is to get the heck away from the dumpster fire that we have become. It is because I like him that IF he is traded I.m ok with it because he'll probably be better off away from this mess. However, if he stays I think he' ll be fine. His TD to int. ratio is still just fine and with a better OL performance things will look up. It still amazes me all the negative talk on him given the sacks given up. A new metric should be invented ...the sack to int ratio. It will show Kap had an outstanding year last year in that he didn't throw a lot of INT's last year given the constant pressure he was under. Most QBs given up tons of INts when they get sacked 50+ times in a season. FYI...I am against trading KAP but see that if that is the new strategy we might as well get it done fast and then tank the season to maximize the 2016 draft outcome to get better faster. What I don't want us tp do is spin our wheels with mediocre picks and mediocre coaches which we now seem to be doing.

I was thinking the same thing. Harbaugh is gone. Gore is gone. The front office is a mess. His offensive coordinator is Geep Chryst. There is relatively little guaranteed money in his current contract. He probably wouldn't mind being traded.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Harbaugh is gone. Gore is gone. The front office is a mess. His offensive coordinator is Geep Chryst. There is relatively little guaranteed money in his current contract. He probably wouldn't mind being traded.

I think he likes being here. The 49ers were his second team growing up. He is from the Central Valley and near his family. He also has a good relationship with GP.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still believe this story? I doubt anyone is trading a top 5 pick for him and anything less wouldn't be worth it right now. If we had a young mid-round pick sitting around on the bench they thought was ready then sure, but we have no one behind Kaep and trading him doesn't put us in a position to land another franchise QB.

Looking into trading Kaep? sure I'd believe offers are listened to on any player.
Actually happening? Not likely without other moves.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Agree 100% about Kap. One play away from winning a SB and one play away from getting to another SB. Yeah, last year was down and there is definite room to improve in his game. Everyone seems to have forgotten the looooooooooong string of mediocre to cr*ppy QBs we have had in the last many years. Go Kap. Go Niners. Fire Jed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% about Kap. One play away from winning a SB and one play away from getting to another SB. Yeah, last year was down and there is definite room to improve in his game. Everyone seems to have forgotten the looooooooooong string of mediocre to cr*ppy QBs we have had in the last many years. Go Kap. Go Niners. Fire Jed.

And both of those horrendous miscues were squarely on him because he is afraid of the middle of the field inside the twenty.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we delete this thread. It was a false story. Pointless thread. Kap isn't going any where.

Lets Go 49ers