• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick reminds Steelers, NFL he's 'still ready'

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy
Mason Rudolph
Luke Falk (but he's going back to backup this week)
Chase Daniel
Kyle Allen (although he has surprised this year)
He's on par with Mayfield, Brissett and Mariota (or was before he was banished, who knows now).

Four of those guys are in their 1st or 2nd year so comparison to them is pathetic. Three of them are backups filling in.

I’m not so sure about Brissett.

So you’ve got Colt McCoy (backup filling in) and Chase Daniel (backup filling in) and maybe Marcus Mariota. Hell of a list there.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he chose to take a knee during the Veterans Day celebration when vets from many past wars were in attendance being honored, he was disrespecting the flag. The same flag that many of the vets seen come hone covering their friends and family. kaep should have taken that day off. It was in poor taste.
Wearing the pig socks was a shitty move too.
Wearing the Castro shirt was a douche move as well.
Yup. All this plus the poorly worded ad campaign for Nike (which someone else has brought up as having taken advantage of the disadvantaged abroad) makes him a self aggrandizing hypocrite. I supported his right to protest and I also support peoples' right to pass judgment on his actions.

As for why he isn't in the NFL, I think it comes down to risk (money and PR wise) vs. reward (is he the piece your team is missing to make it over the hump)

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That memo also failed to address his wife completely sabotaged his attempts with the Ravens when they showed interest

He married her?
source.gif

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep didn't disrespect America. His original protest was an attempt to bring awareness about trigger-happy cops killing innocent people. But I think he went about it the wrong way.
He originally sat pouting for being benched then changed it to a Protest because he looked like a crying baby.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep didn't disrespect America. His original protest was an attempt to bring awareness about trigger-happy cops killing innocent people. But I think he went about it the wrong way.

No, that was the made up BS he came up with weeks after he started kneeling.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was an NFL owner, I would tell him Show me what you got. Go to CFL, Arena, XFL, or one of these minor leagues.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to google . I was quite confused. Before my time.

Before my time too but I sued to watch Duck Dynasty, Uncle Si was nuts, always walking around with his jug of ice teas and quotes. One of the episodes Phil was talking about being a QB and Terry was his backup and why he didn't go to the pros. He was a whore master drunk. Then changed his shit around and made $$$ with his duck calls

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy
Mason Rudolph
Luke Falk (but he's going back to backup this week)
Chase Daniel
Kyle Allen (although he has surprised this year)
He's on par with Mayfield, Brissett and Mariota (or was before he was banished, who knows now).
STARTERS. Which STARTERS is he better than. That's the claim that is always made.

Mason Rudolph - Backup
Luke Falk - Third stringer
Chase Daniel - Backup
Kyle Allen - Backup
Not sure if McCoy counts but it's as least close. And yeah when Kaep was in the league he was better.
He is not better than Mayfield, Brissett, or Mariota at this point. Maybe there is an argument that could be made but he is not clearly better than any of them.

If you look at the starting 32 QBs at the beginning of the year there were maybe three you could make an argument he was better than when he last played: Keenum/McCoy, Fitzpatrick/Rosen, and Eli. And right now Jones is better than Kaep was.

So the answer here is 2. Maybe. He'd be a top tier backup if played right now and was just as good as he was when he quit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STARTERS. Which STARTERS is he better than. That's the claim that is always made.

Mason Rudolph - Backup
Luke Falk - Third stringer
Chase Daniel - Backup
Kyle Allen - Backup
Not sure if McCoy counts but it's as least close. And yeah when Kaep was in the league he was better.
He is not better than Mayfield, Brissett, or Mariota at this point. Maybe there is an argument that could be made but he is not clearly better than any of them.

If you look at the starting 32 QBs at the beginning of the year there were maybe three you could make an argument he was better than when he last played: Keenum/McCoy, Fitzpatrick/Rosen, and Eli. And right now Jones is better than Kaep was.

So the answer here is 2. Maybe. He'd be a top tier backup if played right now and was just as good as he was when he quit.

Rational post.

And these days if he was a #2, he'd likely be playing if not starting within 3 weeks, given the way QBs have been dropping. Think if he had been signed by Pitt? Before the season and was sort of their #3.

I think he'd accept a #2 shot if offered.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rational post.

And these days if he was a #2, he'd likely be playing if not starting within 3 weeks, given the way QBs have been dropping. Think if he had been signed by Pitt? Before the season and was sort of their #3.

I think he'd accept a #2 shot if offered.

Haven't heard but would he play for the vet minimum?