• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick reminds Steelers, NFL he's 'still ready'

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in this case it is. And you know it is. It would be everywhere if it happened.

Don't think so. It could go like this:

GM : We are looking at back up QBs at Minimum pay interested?

Kaep & agent. Nope, but get back to us when your ready to pay what he's worth

Not news worthy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Devlin Hodges earns annually: $495,000.00

What Colin Kaepernick is seeking probably*: ≤ $12,000,000.00

*asked $20 mil from the AAF
*rumored to have asked for $12 mil from NFL teams in 2018

Even assuming Kaepernick would accept an incentive-laden 1 yr deal worth 1/3 of his suspected asking price, that's $1.5 mil more than the Steelers would be able to offer (barring trading valuable players away specifically to clear cap space for Kaepernick).

Kaep is an entitled butthead, and this has been his problem since he put on the piggy socks and started whining that no team wanted him. Want to know what all the crappy backups in the NFL are doing to get those jobs that you aren’t doing, Colin? They’re humble and taking minimum salary deals in the hopes that they might get an opportunity to play and maybe start one day. You’re a bum who was about to be kicked off a bad team for a combination of high salary expectations and poor performance.

I hope the guy for Steelers does well.

I'd take my chances with Rudolf and Hodges, both show good promise and talent....Oh and a humble attitude , something Kopasquat knows nothing about.....Thinks he's a Peacock but he is more of a.....

hxhZSLd.jpg

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ignoring anyone's personal thoughts about Kap and his protests, the idea that Kap is anything more than a mediocre NFL QB is amusing.

2015 ranks:

Completion Percentage: 30th
Yards per Attempt: 32nd
Yards per game: 33rd
QBR: 30th

2016 ranks:

Completion Percentage: 26th
Yards per attempt: 24th
Yards per game: 30th
QBR: 22nd

note: didn't include TD's or INT's, because he didn't play a full season in either year.

the only passable passing statistic he had during his last two years was his 4:1 TD to INT ratio in 2016. If there are 7-8 current NFL QB's worse than Kap, then good lord, the current stock of NFL quarterbacks is garbage.

Kap was a terrible quarterback his last two years in the league. He wasn't average, he wasn't slightly below average, he was horrific. His stans need to accept that.

If you feel he was unfairly blackballed because of his protests and that he deserves a roster spot as a backup in the NFL (i'm not entirely sure what type of money has been asking for, so I won't comment on that), that's fair. Anything more than that is pure delusion.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ravens wanted him and he didn’t sign then the reason must have been not enough money.

If people defending Kaepernick keep saying “he just wants to play” then how do you explain him not signing with the ravens when he had a chance?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of hearing about this entitled prick. This is a dude who was born to a white woman who had a black father that left her before he was born, and was then adopted out to a well off white white couple with other children of their own who raised him from infancy onwards. Then he was able to make many millions on the NFL before being benched on and off because he's a one trick pony who can only run the read option offense. Can't read a defense to save his life, and he relied almost entirely on his pure athletcism and his coaches tailoring their offense around his numerous weaknesses as an NFL QB.

Then he got to act like some sort of victim in life because he wasn't being gift wrapped starting jobs just because. Turned down a potential trade to the Broncos that John Elway was entertaining the idea of, then his wife sabotaged his shot with Ravens when they showed interest in signing him by going on a racist twitter rant. Then he demanded and continues to demand a minimum of $12 mil per season from any NFL team plus a guaranteed opportunity to start if he were to sign with them and acts like he's getting screwed because they'd rather pay some random humble scrub minimum league salary to do close to the same thing on the field without all the drama he brings. Not to mention his outright refusal to play in the CFL or AAF.

And didn't this idiot have a settlement with NFL about a year ago where his end of the deal was he was getting paid to go away and quit harrassing the league and its teams with his media shit shows? Isn't he violating that deal he had with them, or am I remembering that wrong? The fact that this entitled spoiled brat of a moron is a poster child of the SJW victimhood movement is a complete joke.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of truth there, but IDK...Ray Rice may have something different to say about that.

I do think if Kap were throwing for 5000 yds and 30 TDs...he'd be playing...yes.

Ray Rice was already at the end of his career (30ish).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four of those guys are in their 1st or 2nd year so comparison to them is pathetic. Three of them are backups filling in.

I’m not so sure about Brissett.

So you’ve got Colt McCoy (backup filling in) and Chase Daniel (backup filling in) and maybe Marcus Mariota. Hell of a list there.

All were starting, none better than Kaep (at least when we last saw him play, who knows if he can even hold that level of play now). Hate him or not, he was careful with the ball and could run when needed. There are some teams with turnover machines for QBs and porous offensive lines that could use an option like Kaep (again, if he can still play; a few years away could have him looking like fat Thor, lol).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice was already at the end of his career (30ish).

Yeah, pretty close...his last yr in the league was 2013...that would've put him around 27 or 28 trying to get back in the league in '14.

'13 was not a good season , but '12 he produced about 1500 yds rushing and passing...probably had a little left in the tank.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty close...his last yr in the league was 2013...that would've put him around 27 or 28 trying to get back in the league in '14.

'13 was not a good season , but '12 he produced about 1500 yds rushing and passing...probably had a little left in the tank.

Guys like Frank Gore are making that old 30 year old RB rule tough to defend these days.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it (fathertime effect) is brought on by carries and work load so I can see that happening...but we're also seeing a resurgence in premier feature RBs also...I guess it just depends on where you take the RB in the draft.