• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep gaining experience at the expense of second seed?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I question whether we would have gone into NO and NE and won those games with Smith at the helm.

Why does CK get credit for what the defense does? Was it his strategy to throw a pick at the end of the 1st half to set up a Brees pick-6?

In the NE game there were about 3 or 4 NE fumbles recovered by the 49ers (He had 4 but we recovered them all). Again with those turnovers, wouldn't AS be able to convert those to points, plus have longer drives so that the defense can be rested?

CK has done well for a 2d year guy, but you CK supporters have a double-standard: when we win, like in NO, it's all CK; when AS wins its: the defense, the running game, special teams, Akers...

And comparing AS's 2d year to CK is retarded. Do you even remember how bad those teams were? And he was able to go to Seattle and beat them there.

The question isn't about next year. It's about this. Do you believe we can win it all? And which QB -and the difference in offensive style each QB brings to the line - will lead us to a SB win?

This year give me AS handing off to Gore and controlling the clock and letting the defense rest.

Run along retard - and next time have the balls to post under your real handle you fucking coward!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does failure mean? Failure is very subjective. Does failure mean: no Super Bowl Victory, no Super Bowl Appearance, or be the ATL Falcons (2008-2011)?

Through 2005-2010, the 49ers were crap compared to what they are now. Kaepernick is in a perfect environment to succeed. You can't compare those years to the present.

I think its best to compare Kaepernick to Ben Roethlisberger. He won a SB as rookie(or was it his 2nd year), no? Roethlisberger was in a great environment to succeed and at that time, he was not asked to win the game for the Steelers.

Failure to me means not winning a Super Bowl.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And especially not beating your rival like Matt Stafford hasn't. ;)

That too..

I wish Dante's 9th circle on Suckford. The 49ers bye shouldn't even be in question if Stafford and Cutler didn't suck so fucking bad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes a game where the guy played the majority of the game counts for his totals IMO.

His stat totals? Well duh jackass - just not his win/loss/tie totals because you see that would simply NOT be the FACTS!

I said CK looked like a punk bitch after the loss, whining and moaning instead of manning up and saying how shitty he was. Those arent numbers, its his attitude.

Do you wish to qualify this claim or do you just want to continue being a punk bitch, whining and moaning about how fucking retarded you are?

Qualify it or stfu - or not, as I said before you are one hilarious fuck and I'm having a blast!

The other stuff you said isnt worth responding to.

Nice concession speech. Are you going to be here all week? Should we tip the waitresses?

What do I need to qualify?? Did you watch the interview after the game?? If you did then no explanation is needed. If you didnt then maybe talk to some of your cohorts here that did and they will tell you what I am talking about.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows (Sacramento Bee) come on 95.7 The Game today, and he compared Kaepernick to NHL Sharks player Joe Thornton. I'm not a hockey guy, so do you any of you know what the comparison is? All I know about them is that they have not won a Stanley Cup, but I can't assume that that was the comparison - postseason play. After all, I don't know if Thornton has played well or choked in the playoffs (and obviously Kaep has not played in the playoffs yet) or if the comparison was just on personality. Any help?

ya thornton is a choker. but i don't see the comparison because thornton was a #1 pick and would be more of a franchise qb who never won a championship. better comparison to matt ryan.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what caused the lack of velocity iguana - you cited the absence of velocity as the cause for his lack of performance - period!

As for Kap, he's damn good for someone who has thrown less than 200 passes in the NFL - Your argument is dead iguana - let it go.

kap isn't good on short passes. the stats are surprising but the offense needs to be tailored more to his strengths...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, getting back to this. For the record, I am not a "CK supporter." I did think we should go with him over Smith, and I do think he's been generally impressive for a second-year player making his first six starts, but I'm very realistic about him. I love his potential, but I also think there are serious questions.

Ponzi's post kind of gets to the heart of why I was in favor of going with Kaepernick, though. He asked if I believed we can win it all. I don't believe we can win it all with Alex Smith at QB, or at least I don't think it's very likely. I supported Smith longer and louder than about 98% of Niners fans, but he's limited. And not just physically. Eight years in, Smith still has poor pocket presence, awareness, and vision. People rightfully criticize Kap for the delays, but Smith was good for one or two delays or wasted TOs a game, with far less excuse for that sort of thing IMO. I could easily live with Smith's physical limitations if Smith had proven he possessed the intangibles listed above. In that case, we could run a very effective WCO. But without being able to sense and escape pressure, or see the open man downfield, we'll always be dependent upon the running game and the D to carry us. And that's not a winning formula.

Now on to Kap. I wanted to address his short passing as that is something that came up. I have actually been quite impressed with Kap's short passing generally. He has been quite accurate, and has thrown some slants that I frankly don't think Alex could. As a result of trying to squeeze it into some tighter windows, he does have more deflections and a couple outright drops. But he's also made some very nice plays. He's more effective on the quick outs because he gets the ball to the receiver so quickly. He's still got to work on his touch, but he has shown real improvement in that area.

Kap is still very much a work in progress, and I don't think I'm unfairly giving him credit for the D, etc. But the QB wins games. Smith gets credit for the NO game last year even though the D was awesome for three-and-a-half quarters. Similarly, Kap gets credit for the NO and NE game. Incidentally, the NE game really had the feel of last year's NO game, mixed in with the Giants game weather for me. I can't say what would have happened if Smith was the QB in those games, but I don't think the NE game in particular would have gone nearly as well early on. NE has a very good run D but is vulnerable on the back end. Against Smith, they would have crowded the line. I think he would really have struggled, which is part of why I prefer Kap even today. And if we're not going to count Kap's wins against NE and NO, Smith's record starts to look pretty shaky, too. In three of his four wins, the D held our opponent to six or less points. How can we credit Smith for those? Suddenly he's hanging his hat entirely on the Packers game, in which he was very effective early and deserves a lot of credit. But we also ran for 186 yards in that one, forced six GB punts, held them under 350 total yards - and under 200 yards through three quarters, and limited one of the best offenses in football to 15 points (we allowed a PR TD). That's why it's silly to play that game. Football is inherently a team sport. We credit the QB for wins when the team wins. It's the nature of the beast. IMO, Kap has had at least as much of a hand in his wins as Smith did in his.

Anyway, feel like I'm rambling at this point. I really should outline these before writing them....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and one of my big concerns with Kap is his leadership ability. I didn't see the entire press conference, and that's not really what worries me. I also have heard that Kap is very intelligent and a hard worker, and I have no reason to doubt that. But he doesn't seem very vocal, and I'd like my QB to have more of that. It can be very tough for a young guy to step into the huddle and lead that way right away, though, so I'm not freaking out about it by any means. I would like to see a bit more assertiveness from Kap on the sidelines, though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kap isn't good on short passes. the stats are surprising but the offense needs to be tailored more to his strengths...

See, I don't agree with that. I think he's been plenty good. He may not be as good as Alex, but Alex is one of the better short passers in the league. However, his intermediate and especially his deep passing is not nearly as good. In terms of throwing the ball, I just don't think there's even a comparison between these guys. Kap's relative "struggles" throwing short are more than erased by his ability to throw longer and along the sideline.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and one of my big concerns with Kap is his leadership ability. I didn't see the entire press conference, and that's not really what worries me. I also have heard that Kap is very intelligent and a hard worker, and I have no reason to doubt that. But he doesn't seem very vocal, and I'd like my QB to have more of that. It can be very tough for a young guy to step into the huddle and lead that way right away, though, so I'm not freaking out about it by any means. I would like to see a bit more assertiveness from Kap on the sidelines, though.

I don't have the article in front of me, but early on there were quotes from Gore and some of the receivers about CKs ability and vocal leadership.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have the article in front of me, but early on there were quotes from Gore and some of the receivers about CKs ability and vocal leadership.

I've heard that he's pretty take-charge in the huddle, but I haven't seen too much of that. As said, I'm not jumping to any conclusions either way on that front. But I love the way Russell Wilson has taken charge of the Hawks - well, I hate it because it's the Hawks... - and I'd like to see a little more of that from Kap. I'm very curious to see what Kap does with a full offseason as the starter. But right now we've just got to run with what he can do in the current offense, and maybe get back to basics a bit more.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Judging from his interactions from the sidelines in various sound clips he appears that he communicates well with his teammates so I don't think leadership is going to be an issue.

I believe he just needs more on field experience before he truly earns that respect.

That's not to say he doesn't have respect or isn't well liked but if I'm one of those guys that's been around 5+ years it would be hard to listen to some kid that's only seen a little of actual NFL action.

Hate to use war analogies but it would be like some guy fresh out of boot camp trying to tell you how things are and what you should do despite you been on the front lines for a couple of years.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that he's pretty take-charge in the huddle, but I haven't seen too much of that. As said, I'm not jumping to any conclusions either way on that front. But I love the way Russell Wilson has taken charge of the Hawks - well, I hate it because it's the Hawks... - and I'd like to see a little more of that from Kap. I'm very curious to see what Kap does with a full offseason as the starter. But right now we've just got to run with what he can do in the current offense, and maybe get back to basics a bit more.

Wilson has been a great leader for them, but he is full of cliches and one teammate said he had never seen Wilson "let his hair down" in any fashion. From what I've seen on the sideline, Kaep is more enthusiastic than Wilson and is more up and down. The press conference was an example of the "down", Wilson acts the same whether they win or lose. I think Kaep will get more of an even keel. On another note Maiocco speculated today that Chris Ault might come to the 49ers in some capacity, how bout that?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have problems.

LMAO!!! Yes! But as long as they don't include being a liar and a coward or a retard such as yourself then I'm fine with my problems. Speaking of problems when are you going to address your problems - and you know the ones I am talking about?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been a great leader for them, but he is full of cliches and one teammate said he had never seen Wilson "let his hair down" in any fashion. From what I've seen on the sideline, Kaep is more enthusiastic than Wilson and is more up and down. The press conference was an example of the "down", Wilson acts the same whether they win or lose. I think Kaep will get more of an even keel. On another note Maiocco speculated today that Chris Ault might come to the 49ers in some capacity, how bout that?

That would be a brilliant move by SF really. Ault groomed Kaep into a top notch D1 QB and he could probably give SF a million different ways to use him better. I wonder if Harbaugh would let that happen though ( by that I mean taking Aults ideas and actually using them)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That would be a brilliant move by SF really. Ault groomed Kaep into a top notch D1 QB and he could probably give SF a million different ways to use him better. I wonder if Harbaugh would let that happen though ( by that I mean taking Aults ideas and actually using them)

Why wouldn't he? They've already shown a willingness to do so by installing quite a few pistol looks.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and one of my big concerns with Kap is his leadership ability.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions either way on that front.

Really? Not jumping to conclusions? How does one develop BIG CONCERNS without drawing MANY conclusions? What is it that you are concerned about?

Kap not vocal? What? Do you know Kaps history? I suggest you learn about our QB is Crimson - He is the very essence of leadership. Colin Kaepernick is one bad dude who lacks absolutely nothing in the confidence and leadership departments.

I am disappointed to read your thoughts on this topic but I'm certain once you give yourself a chance to learn more about Kaepernick you will quickly change your tune.