• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep gaining experience at the expense of second seed?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap is a medium to deep qb, not a good short qb. kap doesn't have the % because he doesn't have smith's accuracy.

Every QB in the NFL has a short game; and, actually, Kaepernick's short game compares quite favorably with many of the elite's - so once again you don't know what you are talking about.

Regarding Kap not having the % because he doesn't have Smith's accuracy - are you implying that completion % is the only component of measuring accuracy?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have much different skill sets. kap isnt very good in the short passing game and smith doesn't have kap's arm.

As I mentioned in my previous post Kap's short game is more than fine and in the top half of the league.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its far from fine. kap is slow in getting the ball out and it looks like he's tryin to take too much off his throws. this allows defenders a chance to get a jump and blow up those short throws.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its far from fine. kap is slow in getting the ball out and it looks like he's tryin to take too much off his throws. this allows defenders a chance to get a jump and blow up those short throws.

You a funny man - Actually Kaps short game is more than fine. He rates among the elite of the league (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc.) So, if being in the same category as those guys is a bad thing, then I hope he continues to be bad.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap is a medium to deep qb, not a good short qb. kap doesn't have the % because he doesn't have smith's accuracy.

Every QB in the NFL has a short game; and, actually, Kaepernick's short game compares quite favorably with many of the elite's - so once again you don't know what you are talking about.

Regarding Kap not having the % because he doesn't have Smith's accuracy - are you implying that completion % is the only component of measuring accuracy?

I noticed you didn't address my question in bold - I have always thought there were several components for measuring accuracy and several reasons why one completion percent might be higher than another.

However, you clearly are suggesting otherwise claiming that Kap doesn't have the % because he is not as accurate. Perhaps you can enlighten us [me] with you expertise on the subject. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I think Kaepernick will come around and the 49ers will develop an offensive identity around him, they have not done that yet. With Smith, at least they had a plan and stuck to it. It seems so willy nilly with Kaepernick like the coaches don't quite know yet what they want to do with him at the helm.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I think Kaepernick will come around and the 49ers will develop an offensive identity around him, they have not done that yet. With Smith, at least they had a plan and stuck to it. It seems so willy nilly with Kaepernick like the coaches don't quite know yet what they want to do with him at the helm.

That is something I completely agree with. Kaep will become/already is a good QB I would bet. But they had a formula going with Smith and I think they are getting away from it and Kap is not the right guy for that formula because he still can't read defenses like Smith can, and also because he is way more gunslinger than this formula is built on.

So although Kap will probably be a better QB eventually than Smith, I think it may have been a mistake going to him halfway through this season. Harbaugh knows more than me or any of us though so...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you didn't address my question in bold - I have always thought there were several components for measuring accuracy and several reasons why one completion percent might be higher than another.

However, you clearly are suggesting otherwise claiming that Kap doesn't have the % because he is not as accurate. Perhaps you can enlighten us [me] with you expertise on the subject. Thanks.

He isn't' a good short passer. Watch the games maybe instead trolling

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't' a good short passer. Watch the games maybe instead trolling

Whoops, I can see you fell down, here let me help you back on your feet and let's get you back on track.

I noticed you didn't address my question from my earlier post in bold - (I added it) are you implying that completion % is the only component of measuring accuracy?

Anyway, as I mentioned, I have always thought there were several components for measuring accuracy and several reasons why one completion percent might be higher than another.

Please answer the question above and now the one's below. I'm really interested in your thoughts

What game would you like me to watch? What plays do you feel demonstrate this lack of ability you seem to think he has? It certainly cannot be all of them because taken on the whole his numbers are right there with the elite QB's in the league - and any observation at all can see his skills as a short passer qualify his numbers - So which plays would you like me to look at?

Do you think the elite QB's are bad at their short game as well? if so why? Where do you think Alex ranks in his short game?

I look forward to learning from you.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He rates among the elite of the league (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc.)

Heh. So, do any of the usual suspects have anything to say about extreme statements driving others to extremes? Or is that a one-way street?

For whatever reason the absurd comment above isn't compelling me to rip Kaepernick or downplay the good things he's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. So, do any of the usual suspects have anything to say about extreme statements driving others to extremes? Or is that a one-way street?

For whatever reason the absurd comment above isn't compelling me to rip Kaepernick or downplay the good things he's doing.

Good boy!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the greatest and Smith is like a retarded monkey throwing poop at his own reflection. Smith would have lost 100-0 against Seattle and Kaep would have won that game if he had been on the field by himself but since the coaches HAD to put others guys out there the Niners lost. Kaep>Jesus, Smith< Jamarcus Russells dirty man thong. EOT.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the greatest and Smith is like a retarded monkey throwing poop at his own reflection. Smith would have lost 100-0 against Seattle and Kaep would have won that game if he had been on the field by himself but since the coaches HAD to put others guys out there the Niners lost. Kaep>Jesus, Smith< Jamarcus Russells dirty man thong. EOT.

All we're saying is Kaep is better than Alex Smith. No one is calling him great or elite, just a better option for us than Alex Smith, and obviously has a higher ceiling. If you think Kaep > Alex means Kaep = greatest then you're the one who needs to readjust your standards on Alex Smith himself.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we're saying is Kaep is better than Alex Smith. No one is calling him great or elite, just a better option for us than Alex Smith, and obviously has a higher ceiling. If you think Kaep > Alex means Kaep = greatest then you're the one who needs to readjust your standards on Alex Smith himself.

Really becuse i just read a quote comparing Kaep to Brady, Rodgers, Manning etc and "favorably". L fucking OL. 4-2 as a first year starter is fine and the win in NE keeps him starting but arm strength and athleticism dont mean shit by themselves as an FYI. Jamarcus Russell could throw a ball 80 yards from his knees and Marcus Vick could run circles around Kaep in athleticism. The kid has played OK, well enough but lets not pretend there is some HUGE gap between him and Smith and lets certainly not put him on any level of the elite guys.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really becuse i just read a quote comparing Kaep to Brady, Rodgers, Manning etc and "favorably". L fucking OL. 4-2 as a first year starter is fine and the win in NE keeps him starting but arm strength and athleticism dont mean shit by themselves as an FYI. Jamarcus Russell could throw a ball 80 yards from his knees and Marcus Vick could run circles around Kaep in athleticism. The kid has played OK, well enough but lets not pretend there is some HUGE gap between him and Smith and lets certainly not put him on any level of the elite guys.

No one's saying there's a "huge" gap between he and Smith. But you seem to keep forgetting that Kaep is 6 games deep into his career, Alex is at 70+.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's saying there's a "huge" gap between he and Smith. But you seem to keep forgetting that Kaep is 6 games deep into his career, Alex is at 70+.

Pointless for this season which is all you guys should be worried about. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. Titles need to be won when you have the opportunity to win them. You guys could go 3-13 next year in this league. Kaep has a much higher upside currently and a much lower downside which is all I have ever tried to say. Kaep could be great but he could also be terrible. Smith could be good or he could be average. Id take Kaep in a 1 game scenario but not to try to win a Super Bowl. Too much variance in his performance so far. 6+ games. 2 great ones, 2 good ones, an average one and a stinker. That means 67% of the time currently he will be good enough to win a playoff game but 33% of the time you are going to lose. Thats not going to cut it in a 4 game scenario IMO.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Write something intelligent iguana - and don't forget to answer my questions - thanks

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops, I can see you fell down, here let me help you back on your feet and let's get you back on track.

I noticed you didn't address my question from my earlier post in bold - (I added it) are you implying that completion % is the only component of measuring accuracy?

Anyway, as I mentioned, I have always thought there were several components for measuring accuracy and several reasons why one completion percent might be higher than another.

Please answer the question above and now the one's below. I'm really interested in your thoughts

What game would you like me to watch? What plays do you feel demonstrate this lack of ability you seem to think he has? It certainly cannot be all of them because taken on the whole his numbers are right there with the elite QB's in the league - and any observation at all can see his skills as a short passer qualify his numbers - So which plays would you like me to look at?

Do you think the elite QB's are bad at their short game as well? if so why? Where do you think Alex ranks in his short game?

I look forward to learning from you.

i love how people have a double standard when it comes to using stats with smith and kap.

kap has different strengths than does smith. roman needs to figure out how to maximize those strengths for our offense to hit its potential. kap is not very strong in the short passing game. he throws the ball too damn hard and seems to be trying to take too much off those short passes. plays are getting blown up because of it.

roman's offensive gameplan was light years behind what seattle did.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Write something intelligent iguana - and don't forget to answer my questions - thanks

apparently kap is this amazing qb who should be compared to the top qb's in the league, u need a reality check...