• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep gaining experience at the expense of second seed?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep will never have Smith's completion % but that's because he attempts many more low percentage passes that Smith ever did.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well wouldn't give up on us getting the number 2 seed yet as Green Bay is playing a very motivated Vikings team at Minnesota and that's a very losable game for them.

Going to Kaepernick is still the right move. If Harbaugh felt that Smith gave him a pretty good chance to make and win the Super Bowl then he would've stuck with him. Smith is a good QB just not good enough which is why Harbaugh choose to roll the dice and go with Kaepernick and take the bumps in the regular season in hopes to iron a lot of them out before the playoffs.

CK is still unpolished and in a lot of ways still a rookie so there was and still going to be a few bumps along the way but he still gives us our best chance to go all the way.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is that I understand he was pissed after the loss, but his press conference afterwards was terrible. I've watched Russell Wilson after losses and he's not as surly or as clipped as Kaepernick was. I don't expect him to pour his heart out or anything, but being the leader on the team as the quarterback also means leading when discussing things you would rather not. He needs to do better in that respect.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is that I understand he was pissed after the loss, but his press conference afterwards was terrible. I've watched Russell Wilson after losses and he's not as surly or as clipped as Kaepernick was. I don't expect him to pour his heart out or anything, but being the leader on the team as the quarterback also means leading when discussing things you would rather not. He needs to do better in that respect.

kap seems like a competitor and i think this loss will motivate him. he's come a long way from how he looked in preseason and u don't improve that much without working hard.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then he should have a higher ypa

Not necessarily true. Due to the reduced completion percent the YPA's may be more similar than dissimilar. Although over-simplified and hardly conclusive, where you should see a larger difference is in YPC.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you suggesting that not only Seattle's defense isn't good, but also that Smith would have played better?

Definitely not, I just think there needs to be a leader on offense in the good and the bad, and I feel that's something Alex really started to gain some headway with last year. Kaep might have it when things are going well, but I think he showed he needs to man up when things are really bad too.

My other big gripe is the play calling.. I don't know if they feel like we have Tom Brady and the Patriots offense on the field or something, but it's like they forget we have one of the best RBs in the league back there which is unacceptable. This happened earlier in the year against the Vikings too. It's worrisome to me because they seemed to have lost that swagger to just beat the shit out of the other team all game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. Due to the reduced completion percent the YPA's may be more similar than dissimilar. Although over-simplified and hardly conclusive, where you should see a larger difference is in YPC.

in order to have similar passer rating and qbr the lower % needs to be offset by a higher ypa.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not, I just think there needs to be a leader on offense in the good and the bad, and I feel that's something Alex really started to gain some headway with last year. Kaep might have it when things are going well, but I think he showed he needs to man up when things are really bad too.

My other big gripe is the play calling.. I don't know if they feel like we have Tom Brady and the Patriots offense on the field or something, but it's like they forget we have one of the best RBs in the league back there which is unacceptable. This happened earlier in the year against the Vikings too. It's worrisome to me because they seemed to have lost that swagger to just beat the shit out of the other team all game.

they need to run the offense more like what the steelers did when roethlisberger was a rookie.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in order to have similar passer rating and qbr the lower % needs to be offset by a higher ypa.

It is a new year so how about just knocking off your typical straw-man BS iguana. The focus of yours and my comments was completion % - not QB rating which makes your comment generally incorrect. Don't believe me, go back and study the vertical passers of the 60's, 70's & 80's.

Kap is a short, medium and deep QB whereas Smith is a short to medium QB and their statistics will always reflect that difference.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a new year so how about just knocking off your typical straw-man BS iguana. The focus of yours and my comments was completion % - not QB rating which makes your comment generally incorrect. Don't believe me, go back and study the vertical passers of the 60's, 70's & 80's.

Kap is a short, medium and deep QB whereas Smith is a short to medium QB and their statistics will always reflect that difference.

kap is a medium to deep qb, not a good short qb. kap doesn't have the % because he doesn't have smith's accuracy.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have a higher YPA, and he didn't play against cupcakes like Detroit and Buffalo.

again, overseeing how well smith played for us. it doesn't matter how well smith plays, everyone else can do it better....

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and he didn't play against cupcakes like Detroit and Buffalo.

So are we gonna start calling these Kaepxcuses now? The psychological aspects of this whole thing are fascinating......you do remember spending years ripping people for defending Smith with "excuses" like this?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just great that we've suddenly become a lot more open-minded when analyzing our QB. Terrific, I'm glad you've come around.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

I thought we're talking about YPA here?

you were making excuses and downplaying smith. if we're going to sit here and say stuff like well kap hasn't been in the league for 8 years, then u should be saying that kap should be on the bench.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were making excuses and downplaying smith. if we're going to sit here and say stuff like well kap hasn't been in the league for 8 years, then u should be saying that kap should be on the bench.

How was I downplaying Smith? All I said was that other than getting the guys to lineup on time and making pre-snap reads, Kaep is just as good or better than Smith at everything else.

Don't be a sensitive fuck.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just great that we've suddenly become a lot more open-minded when analyzing our QB. Terrific, I'm glad you've come around.

I've always maintained this position. It's you, and the others in your pro Alex circle jerk, that have been making the same excuses for the last 7+ years for a mediocre QB.