• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep gaining experience at the expense of second seed?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep > Smith.

Get the fuck over it already, Iguana.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How was I downplaying Smith? All I said was that other than getting the guys to lineup on time and making pre-snap reads, Kaep is just as good or better than Smith at everything else.

Don't be a sensitive fuck.

not jumping into this debate, but wanted to point out below is an example of downplaying Smith. maybe you've done it so much and with so much fervor, you don't even notice it anymore?

He does have a higher YPA, and he didn't play against cupcakes like Detroit and Buffalo.

Space Pistol is on the right track in this case.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep > Smith.

Get the fuck over it already, Iguana.

at this point it is about the same IMO, maybe a LITTLE bit better with Kaep? as such we should continue on with Kaep as starter.

haven't read about other players being disenchanted, so continue on.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was I downplaying Smith? All I said was that other than getting the guys to lineup on time and making pre-snap reads, Kaep is just as good or better than Smith at everything else.

Don't be a sensitive fuck.

they have much different skill sets. kap isnt very good in the short passing game and smith doesn't have kap's arm.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have much different skill sets. kap isnt very good in the short passing game and smith doesn't have kap's arm.

Yes, one has has the skill set to be a franchise type, the other doesn't. Case closed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap or smith isn't gonna be the reason we win the super bowl.

o wait, smith is gonna be the reason, justin smith that is

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not jumping into this debate, but wanted to point out below is an example of downplaying Smith. maybe you've done it so much and with so much fervor, you don't even notice it anymore?

He does have a higher YPA, and he didn't play against cupcakes like Detroit and Buffalo.

Space Pistol is on the right track in this case.

How is that an excuse? Kaep has a higher YPA DESPITE playing a tougher schedule, and DESPITE Alex Smith inflating his stats against Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is that an excuse? Kaep has a higher YPA DESPITE playing a tougher schedule, and DESPITE Alex Smith inflating his stats against Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona.

it isn't about the on-going discussion, you said you didn't downplay Alex Smith when you clearly just did it. so how is it you don't even notice it? because it is likely second nature to you, putting down Alex Smith, or discreditting him is second nature.

again, my apology to 'butting in', just pointing out this ONE thing.

btw - i agree with you on Kaep, that he should remain starter. so not jumping in on the Alex Smith side of this debate.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't about the on-going discussion, you said you didn't downplay Alex Smith when you clearly just did it. so how is it you don't even notice it? because it is likely second nature to you, putting down Alex Smith, or discreditting him is second nature.

again, my apology to 'butting in', just pointing out this ONE thing.

btw - i agree with you on Kaep, that he should remain starter. so not jumping in on the Alex Smith side of this debate.

Yes, because you fucking clowns keep forcing anyone here who doesn't think Smith is the OMG BEST! to take the extreme on him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think anyone has even hinted smith is the best. its not like any qb can perform like smith has. overal he was playing well and a lot better than a good chunk of starting qb's this year.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, because you fucking clowns keep forcing anyone here who doesn't think Smith is the OMG BEST! to take the extreme on him.

Nobody is saying anything remotely like this. Its not even what the conversation is about. I don't think anyone on this board has called Alex Smith a great QB in years, if ever. You might want to take it easy on this stuff.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if we took a legit poll of this board, there is no doubt in my mind who is the most extreme about Alex Smith. just that you're on the negative side, not positive.

true, some are suggesting/hinting we go back to Alex (not me), or using 20/20 to say 'i told you so'. but no one is really being extreme for starting Alex again.

however, when you read something remotely suggesting it, you go ballistic. look at your response now......."because you fucking clowns keep forcing anyone here who doesn't think Smith is the OMG BEST!"???

it is from someone who has fervor on this subject, no doubt.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mean, I'm not even talking about Kap vs. Smith. There's no debate right now, Smith isn't getting, and shouldn't get, the job back. Nor do I think it was a mistake in hindsight.

I'm only looking at clyde's hilarious hypocrisy on the topic.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, ok guys. Stop piling on with Clyde. The reality is Kaepernick is in his second year and 1st of any serious playing time in the NFL. We just got stomped in what was a huge game symbolically. And Kaepernick looked awful in the process. I've got news for all of you, Century Link field is incredibly tough to play in and my ears are still ringing. I actually think Alex would have done better because he's probably the most mentally tough quarterback in the NFL. But I put this game on David Akers. The 49ers had gained some momentum and would have made it 14-3, but his blocked 19 yard field goal for a fucking touchdown made it 21-0 and the rout was on. It completely took us out of our game and the team played lazy afterwards probably because of the exhaustion from the Pats game. It sucks but we likely won't play Seattle again until the NFC championship game. And I believe that will be the matchup. If we can beat Ryan Lindley, that game will be at home and Clyde will get to rub all our noses in Kaepernicks success soon enough.

I for one am hoping Clyde gets the chance to be a huge douche for the next month and a half. Dick away, Clyde. I'm not an Alex Smith fan. I root for the 49ers.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ok guys. Stop piling on with Clyde. The reality is Kaepernick is in his second year and 1st of any serious playing time in the NFL. We just got stomped in what was a huge game symbolically. And Kaepernick looked awful in the process. I've got news for all of you, Century Link field is incredibly tough to play in and my ears are still ringing. I actually think Alex would have done better because he's probably the most mentally tough quarterback in the NFL. But I put this game on David Akers. The 49ers had gained some momentum and would have made it 14-3, but his blocked 19 yard field goal for a fucking touchdown made it 21-0 and the rout was on. It completely took us out of our game and the team played lazy afterwards probably because of the exhaustion from the Pats game. It sucks but we likely won't play Seattle again until the NFC championship game. And I believe that will be the matchup. If we can beat Ryan Lindley, that game will be at home and Clyde will get to rub all our noses in Kaepernicks success soon enough.

I for one am hoping Clyde gets the chance to be a huge douche for the next month and a half. Dick away, Clyde. I'm not an Alex Smith fan. I root for the 49ers.

I just like this enough to quote. ^

The question is Kaep's experiences worth the loss of the second seed?

To answer NO! I'm a season ticket holder and a chance at home field throughout the playoffs and a bye for the team is not worth what should be taken care off in the off season. This is what gets me.. The off season/training camp is where decisions for the QB need to be made not in the middle of the season in hunt/leading for the #2 seed. Heck once we clinched the #2 seed id be all for a back up QB getting plenty of reps in game. All everyone was saying in the offseason was how head and shoulders Alex was above everyone... Now Kaep is the starting QB and has been less than stellar. The D and special teams had huge impacts on the games Kaep started. Plus there have been many plays where the opposing D should have picked kaep off or recovered a ball he fumbled, we have been very lucky thus far. Harbaus ego is extremely huge and there is no way hes taking Kaep out and will stack the deck so kaep looks good, see Red Zone in the 5 yard line play calling and the amount of passes called for Kaep.

If we are talking about the 49er still playing in late January I will eat crow and will do with a smile on my face. But this conversation should be made in the summer not December, thats the biggest mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has not been nearly as varied or creative since the switch. We're looking so hard for the big play at times that it is killing drives and forcing us away from running the ball.

Can Kaep do everything that Alex can? Sure
Is he? No

That has been the difference to me ever since the Saints game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has not been nearly as varied or creative since the switch. We're looking so hard for the big play at times that it is killing drives and forcing us away from running the ball.

Can Kaep do everything that Alex can? Sure
Is he? No

That has been the difference to me ever since the Saints game.

the play calling is on roman. there are times when it looks good, but far too often we put ourselves in a hole on 3rd down. crabtree is emerging as a go to wr who can pick up those first downs. but gore and vernon need to be much more involved.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well wouldn't give up on us getting the number 2 seed yet as Green Bay is playing a very motivated Vikings team at Minnesota and that's a very losable game for them.

Going to Kaepernick is still the right move. If Harbaugh felt that Smith gave him a pretty good chance to make and win the Super Bowl then he would've stuck with him. Smith is a good QB just not good enough which is why Harbaugh choose to roll the dice and go with Kaepernick and take the bumps in the regular season in hopes to iron a lot of them out before the playoffs.

CK is still unpolished and in a lot of ways still a rookie so there was and still going to be a few bumps along the way but he still gives us our best chance to go all the way.

The way the defense was playing and the way that Smith was complementing them, he was good enough to win the Superbowl this year, but obviously Harbaugh thought the better chance was with Kaepernick. He believed he had just enough time to get Kaep up to speed. Alex was doing better this year due to having more weapons that either spread the defense for getting players open or YAC. Not saying Kaep can't do the same thing better or more things, but Alex was good enough to win it this year. Tom Brady last year was good enough to win it, but he didn't. Not saying Alex is anywhere near to Tom Brady but that with a great defense and running team, several QBs are good enough to win the Superbowl, including Alex Smith, it's just not going to be a relative shoe-in like Rodgers seemed last year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has devolved into a hilarious circle jerk.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has devolved into a hilarious circle jerk.

I know with my history of supporting Smith and basically only talking about the QB position (sometimes VD and receivers here and there), and how I know some people ignore or skim my posts, it would seem I am part of the circle jerk (I know you didn't mention any names, but still).

However, just to clarify: I'm not saying that Harbaugh should switch back to Smith or that he should never have gone to Kaep. I'm not saying that Smith is a better QB than Kaep or that we have a better chance in the playoffs with Smith. If we won with Smith, it would be because of the defense, running team, and ball control (which he contributes). If we lose with Kaep, it does not mean Smith would have won. I think the troubles in Seattle were team-wide, starting with the coaches, playcalling, Seattle played well, etc.

If we can fix those, we could win with either QB. Harbaugh says it's a better chance with Kaep, I'm going with Harbaugh. The only thing I was saying was if Kaep gets injured, I don't think that eliminates us. I know people disagree with me, fine, but I think our defense will pick it up and our coaches will start using our running game effectively with either QB.

I think you are a knowledgeable poster, though I know you've gotten annoyed with me. Just saying that I'm for this team and while I still think that we could have won with Smith, I know why Kaep is playing and I have no quibbles with it. I want this team to win and trust Harbaugh in his decision. If we lose, I won't second guess the decision. Play-calling, crucial decisions, lack of adjustments, those type of things, I might second guess those - and it would most likely be an echo of some others here.