• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julian Edelman to visit tommorow. Also interested in Nicks

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If people are going to quote journalists, then do it properly. I don't give a shit if you live on the east coast or China.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then show us the article. Cam Inman doesn't write for Bleacher Report.

Jesus. Who cares?

It's not a big deal, but almost everyone else provides a link to what they say or embeds something. I rarely if ever have seen Purguy link anything he says unless asked (like that one time citing experts who liked Kaep in the preseason), but he is pretty good at giving a name. Links help and this website automatically puts a title to what you post, it isn't just a long html.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not a big deal, but almost everyone else provides a link to what they say or embeds something. I rarely if ever have seen Purguy link anything he says unless asked (like that one time citing experts who liked Kaep in the preseason), but he is pretty good at giving a name. Links help and this website automatically puts a title to what you post, it isn't just a long html.

I've always supported Purguy since he joined SportsHoopla. But in this case I honestly wanted to know where he got his source from.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already posted the tweet from Inman. It looks like it was clearly interpreted from that.

Not sure why you're dragging that out.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. When is the last time a wideout caught a pass from the slot in our offense? Obviously, that is an exaggeration, but i think it is less the talent at the position as it is the coaching.

I would like to see Patton get some looks in the slot.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You already posted the tweet from Inman. It looks like it was clearly interpreted from that.

Not sure why you're dragging that out.

So people on this board should not be held accountable when they fail to properly use a journalist as a source?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people on this board should not be held accountable when they fail to properly use a journalist as a source?

You know the source that he got the info from, you know how he interpreted it, and you disagree with his interpretation. Not sure why you keep pressing the matter like he's on trial or something. I think you're just interested in arguing over incredibly trivial details and taking it way too seriously.

Here, check this out: According to Adam Schefter, Julian Edelman is 8 feet tall. There you go, hold me accountable for that. :rollseyes:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know the source that he got the info from, you know how he interpreted it, and you disagree with his interpretation. Not sure why you keep pressing the matter like he's on trial or something. I think you're just interested in arguing over incredibly trivial details and taking it way too seriously.

Here, check this out: According to Adam Schefter, Julian Edelman is 8 feet tall. There you go, hold me accountable for that. :rollseyes:

Nice try. It's not trivial when someone misquotes a journalist. It's not a matter of interpretation. Purguy has been asked time and time again to provide a source.

I don't know what you are trying to prove, but you are an idiot if you are going to quote Adam Schefter saying that Edelman is 8 feet tall.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were between Thurmond and Edelman I think I would prefer Thurmond. Nicks might cost us Crabtree or Iupati next season.

I think the team already gets the sense Crabs is gonna want more than we are willing to pay. The fact we went after Tate speaks volumes to me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not getting it kid, I said I saw it on Bleacher report on my phone. Not saying he writes for them.
I have the bleacher report App on my phone.

Question: Anyone have any other good Apps for Football news or Sports News?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already post this earlier.

Cam Inman
‏@CamInman
The 2 Seahawks I thought #49ers should poach were Tate & Thurmond. Tate went to Lions. Thurmond, Edelman visiting SF tmw, would be great duo

This is what he saw on bleacher report. Maybe he thought by Inman saying it would be a great duo was meaning we could afford both. I have to agree with everyone else though just drop it and stop trying to be a dick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not getting it kid, I said I saw it on Bleacher report on my phone. Not saying he writes for them.
I have the bleacher report App on my phone.

Question: Anyone have any other good Apps for Football news or Sports News?

Twitter, follow the best in the biz

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry dont know much about him. just saw him lately write things. he also mentions that 49ers should of went after tate and thurmond. now no way we can afford both of them. I dont take him serious.

I somehow gave you a "thumbs down" on this one unintentionally. Don't know enough about the guy to give him a thumbs up or thumbs down.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok I give thumbs down and ups all the time. Its all good.

Im not good with this twitter shit.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Edelman as a player- just don't know how good of a fit he is with the 49ers. I think Nicks is a better fit, but he'll be more expensive.

I think I'd rather snag Cooks (1st round) or Landry (3rd round) in the draft as the future slot guy. Gallon also intrigues me as a late round guy that could excel in the slot role.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Nick would be a better Fit then Edelman. I hope we sign one of them because I want us to draft a CB in the 1st rd.

I do agree with some ones post from before. If we sign one guy at WR where does that put Patton. He would easily become the 4th WR.

I think at the end of this 49ers end up with Thurmond and then they draft a WR in the 1st and then a CB in the 2nd rd. We would have Brock, Thurmond, Cully, Wright and the Rookie.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont like this at all. why would we need either of these receivers? We do not need any more possession receivers, we need some speed and there are some really, really, nice prospects in the draft that we should focus on.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given a choice between either WR and Thurmond, I take Thurmond in a heartbeat. A healthy, 2010 Hakeem Nicks would be a nice fit, but I have very little faith in him returning to that form. And I just have no interest in Edelman. He's a nice player in the right situation, but not our situation.