• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julian Edelman to visit tommorow. Also interested in Nicks

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somehow gave you a "thumbs down" on this one unintentionally. Don't know enough about the guy to give him a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Just give it a thumbs up and that will remove the thumbs down. If you give press thumbs-up twice, it'll give one thumb up in total.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Given a choice between either WR and Thurmond, I take Thurmond in a heartbeat. A healthy, 2010 Hakeem Nicks would be a nice fit, but I have very little faith in him returning to that form. And I just have no interest in Edelman. He's a nice player in the right situation, but not our situation.

Nicks is injury prone. Don't see Edleman doing much of anything on this team

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to Edelman or Thurmond, I would rather have Thurmond. Niners would have Brock, Culliver, Wright, and Thurmond. Then the Niners can focus on getting a WR in the first round that can stretch the field. Would really like to see Cooks or Beckham as a Niner.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk of Harbaugh getting more involved with the offense next season; like the passing game for example. I think he is looking to evolve the offense some more so the interest in another WR is intriguing.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is just checking things out. Since they're carrying Carlos Rogers' contract until June 1st they only have enough money left to get a WR or a CB unless they can convince people to take minimum level deals which is doubtful for Nicks, Edelman, and Thurmond.

I think they'll see which one is the best fit and will take the guy that makes the most sense. Then they could really afford to move up in the draft to grab the guy they want to fill the hole that's left. Example being if they sign Thurmond they could move up to grab the WR they really like and take another corner in the 3rd etc.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are expressing interest in Edelman per Shefter.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just give it a thumbs up and that will remove the thumbs down. If you give press thumbs-up twice, it'll give one thumb up in total.

Thanks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that caught 101 catches isnt trash. Edelman is good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news? Im hearing 49ers really want another WR. They want to use more 3 WR sets.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news? Im hearing 49ers really want another WR. They want to use more 3 WR sets.

Alright dude. Where are you "hearing" things at?? If you are just reading it on twitter than you are not hearing anything, you are reading what others are hearing.. Or do you have some kind of inside source all the way on the east coast??

Stop claiming you are hearing things without a source..

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Patton get some looks in the slot.

Same here. Why draft a guy like him and then just try and get someone new after a year? It is more a fault of the coaches why our slot type players don't pan out, than it is the lack of talent. Edelman might get more throws his way because the money spent on him (if he comes) but Patton can do a good job in that spot if the offense ever were to utilize a slot receiver in the first place.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Why draft a guy like him and then just try and get someone new after a year? It is more a fault of the coaches why our slot type players don't pan out, than it is the lack of talent. Edelman might get more throws his way because the money spent on him (if he comes) but Patton can do a good job in that spot if the offense ever were to utilize a slot receiver in the first place.

We still need WRs anyway. We can't go into the year with say Crabs, Boldin, Patton, Baldwin and we prolly resign Osgood cuz he is a beast on special teams. If someone went down knock on wood it doesn't happen we would be fucked again. That's why I think we need 2 more WRs maybe 3 if Baldwin doesn't make the team.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear the 49ers are looking for another wideout. With all these visits.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need WRs anyway. We can't go into the year with say Crabs, Boldin, Patton, Baldwin and we prolly resign Osgood cuz he is a beast on special teams. If someone went down knock on wood it doesn't happen we would be fucked again. That's why I think we need 2 more WRs maybe 3 if Baldwin doesn't make the team.

I'm sure we sign AND draft someone better than Baldwin.