• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JR Smith suspended 2 games; Olynyk 1; Perkins fined $15k

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Earl Clark?!? That's who you have? Earl Clark? :pound:

Obviously, you have chosen to continue making a fool of yourself. I'll see your Earl Clark and raise you Charles Barkley, Shaq, Kenny Smith, Chris Webber and Reggie Miller.

And of course he got suspended dumbass, Love was injured. He was suspended for the result, not the intent. Every one of the guys I mentioned said he'd be suspended a game because of that. They said he shouldn't be, but he would be.

You really should quit while you're behind. But you won't, you're not smart enough.

I am sorry- i cannot have a rational conversation with someone that ACTUALLY wrote the sentence "He was suspended for the result, not the intent"....because ya know players get suspended all the time when they are accidentally part of a play where someone gets hurt....just look all over the league..happens ALL THE TIME, lol....

unreal...."he was suspended for the result, not the intent"- I cannot believe someone would actually write that sentence and believe it was something that would help their argument.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely a foul. Only thing that was newsworthy is the injury. People get injured all the time. This is not a special case. Move on. I am surprised he even got a game suspension. If I was Olynyk I would protest that game and have it removed. he did nothing suspension worthy. Next time someone jumps up and lands on someones foot and has a sprain do you suspend that guy? No, it is just an unfortunate injury and you move on.

You got Lakers fan supporting a Celtics player. That just shows how wrong you are about this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry- i cannot have a rational conversation with someone that ACTUALLY wrote the sentence "He was suspended for the result, not the intent"....because ya know players get suspended all the time when they are accidentally part of a play where someone gets hurt....just look all over the league..happens ALL THE TIME, lol....

unreal...."he was suspended for the result, not the intent"- I cannot believe someone would actually write that sentence and believe it was something that would help their argument.

You can't have the conversation because you know you're wrong. Like I said, I'll take what the HOF'ers I listed say over you and Earl Clark.

This kind of crap is why no one here takes you seriously.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely a foul. Only thing that was newsworthy is the injury. People get injured all the time. This is not a special case. Move on. I am surprised he even got a game suspension. If I was Olynyk I would protest that game and have it removed. he did nothing suspension worthy. Next time someone jumps up and lands on someones foot and has a sprain do you suspend that guy? No, it is just an unfortunate injury and you move on.

You got Lakers fan supporting a Celtics player. That just shows how wrong you are about this.

He can't help himself. Dude actually thinks he knows more about basketball and what happens on the court than Hall of Famers do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that I need is the picture. It says it better than anything I could possibly say.

Anyone that can possibly look at that picture and call it a basketball play is lying to themselves. 2+2=4 no matter what you try and say.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but moving on...Cavs have a big series coming up

who do you guys think is gonna win? You gonna be watching?

you know ill be watching my cleveland cavaliers with bron and kyrie try and win this series that so many people are counting them out of.....

There is a little room on the Cavs bandwagon now that a few people have gotten off....

Now I said way earlier in the season that the Bulls are the biggest challenge- and the Love injury hurts- but the Cavs still have the 2 best players in the series and Chicago has struggled with Milwaukee.

I think this is going to be a coin flip to be quite honest...I just know its going to be fun to watch.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that I need is the picture. It says it better than anything I could possibly say.

Anyone that can possibly look at that picture and call it a basketball play is lying to themselves. 2+2=4 no matter what you try and say.

I can have a picture of a guy getting his eye pocked and it will look just like a non basketball play. It will look dirty as heck. But guess what that one picture does not show the whole story. Trying to edit one frame as what occurred is a bullshit move and people with any logical reasoning will see right through it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can have a picture of a guy getting his eye pocked and it will look just like a non basketball play. It will look dirty as heck. But guess what that one picture does not show the whole story. Trying to edit one frame as what occurred is a bullshit move and people with any logical reasoning will see right through it.

Hangman,

curious on your opinion of two things

Cavs or Bulls- who wins

and do you think Byron Scott is the right coach for the lakers?

and seriously- between the fact of that photo- the fact that Windhorst brought up that he was going the OPPOSITE way of the ball- and the fact that the league office suspended him- a guy with no prior history- I feel very comfortable with that evidence that it was not anything close to a basketball play.

if you guys think a bunch of old timers that cringe every time a foul is called because they like glorifying the days where a guy who get murdered from going down the lane- and guys careers would be shorter because of it- then- ya know what be my guess...

The league office thought it was not a basketball play and the video and circumstances more than support that. You guys should probably replace those guys in the league office since your obviously much smarter and more qualified to make those decisions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is, Wiggy lacks logic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, Wiggy lacks logic.

please dont get upset at this- its just meant for entertainment- if you feel the need to take it down take it down

just read this in one of Simmons' mail bags....where he answers readers questions

I believe you guys are old enough to remember SNL's Phil Hartman doing the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skit....

Q: Don’t you think Byron Scott could play a police commissioner in a TNT drama? He definitely has the stache for it.
—James Houston, Redondo Beach

BS: I think it’s more fun to watch him play Unfrozen Caveman NBA Coach. I don’t believe in your pace-and-space offenses or spreading the floor so players can attack the basket. I see someone taking a 3-pointer and say to myself, “Why wouldn’t he just take two more dribbles and fire off a 20-footer?” I’m just a caveman! I was frozen during the 1988 Finals and recently thawed out to help turn the Lakers into a perennial lottery team! But I do know this much: This summer, we’re drafting a top-five pick and signing Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo, and we’re throwing them in a starting lineup with Kobe Bryant and Julius Randle, and we’re gonna make the playoffs even as we’re giving up 150 points a game!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont get upset at this- its just meant for entertainment- if you feel the need to take it down take it down

just read this in one of Simmons' mail bags....where he answers readers questions

I believe you guys are old enough to remember SNL's Phil Hartman doing the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skit....

Q: Don’t you think Byron Scott could play a police commissioner in a TNT drama? He definitely has the stache for it.
—James Houston, Redondo Beach

BS: I think it’s more fun to watch him play Unfrozen Caveman NBA Coach. I don’t believe in your pace-and-space offenses or spreading the floor so players can attack the basket. I see someone taking a 3-pointer and say to myself, “Why wouldn’t he just take two more dribbles and fire off a 20-footer?” I’m just a caveman! I was frozen during the 1988 Finals and recently thawed out to help turn the Lakers into a perennial lottery team! But I do know this much: This summer, we’re drafting a top-five pick and signing Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo, and we’re throwing them in a starting lineup with Kobe Bryant and Julius Randle, and we’re gonna make the playoffs even as we’re giving up 150 points a game!

Not sure what the hell any of that is supposed to mean. Doesn't make much sense. I guess it's supposed to be a joke. Might have been funny if it made sense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know the skit on SNL? ya know Saturday night Live? your old. you dont know who phil hartman was?

I know who Phil Hartman was, but I pretty much stopped watching SNL after John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, etc. all left. Yep, I'm THAT old. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is yesterdays news because bosh and Wade are not what they were when they originally put that team together.

When that team was put together LeBron was (and still is) generally regarded as the best inthe league- Wade was regarded as a top 5 player,and Bosh was regarded as at least a top 15 player.

Now- its not even close. Those guys could still make an all star team- but they are not the elite level guys anymore- and its probably better for them both to get rest during the all star break anyway at this time in their careers.

Kyrie IS THAT guy though. He is the up and coming big time talent- a guy that has not even hit his prime yet- and probably wont even max out his talents for another 2-3 more years. Not only that- but he just signed a 5 year extension taht does not even kick in till next year.

The Cavs have 23 year old Kyrie Irving signed for 5 more years at about 15-16 million a year. That is beyond huge. that is PRECISELY the reason why LeBron jumped ship.

Who wants to keep sporting their 2008 Cadillac when they can upgrade to a 2015 Benz?

Bosh is still very good.
Wade can still be good. Look at his stats this year. He needs to just let Dragic make it easier for him.
Dragic is a VERY GOOD PG
Whiteside CAN EASILY be ELITE.
New projected cap gives Riley room to prepare.
Players love living in Miami.

Heats future is VERY bright.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is still very good.
Wade can still be good. Look at his stats this year. He needs to just let Dragic make it easier for him.
Dragic is a VERY GOOD PG

The Heat will be good next year and the year after. Wade doesn't have much left, but could give you a couple of decent seasons. Bosh isn't young, but has 3ish years left of playing at a high level. Whiteside does have elite potential, but will see. I like Dragic, so overall the team isn't bad. Miami is a prime location, so with the expanding cap...Riley will make moves in future season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my opinion on it is I dont think he was trying to intentionally hurt Love, but he wasnt making a basketball play. that is why the league suspended him. No play on the ball and you cause a big injury. I think it is a dirty play, but when you are in the moment sometimes you dont use your head. This is one of those moments.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna leave this here:

Kelly Olynyk: 'I don't think I could dislocate someone's arm if I tried' - CBSSports.com

“I'd love to obviously apologize to him for the misfortune and let him know it's definitely not my intent, at all,” Olynyk told the Globe. “Just wish him well and hopefully he has a very speedy recovery and can come back and help that team win.”

“I didn't even know it was dislocated when it happened,” Olynyk said. “He kind of started running away and his arm was facing the other way to me. I didn't even know. Obviously, I knew something was wrong when he ran off the floor. I didn't know. I couldn't feel it come out.”

“I don't think I could dislocate someone's arm if I tried,” Olynyk said. “I think it's a real tough thing to do. Like I said before, it's kind of ridiculous to say you intentionally meant to. I'd never intentionally hurt someone, him or anybody else for that matter. I don't think anybody goes out trying to hurt anyone. I think it's just real unfortunate.

“If you get tangled up and he doesn't dislocate his shoulder, there's nothing dirty ever said or anything. It's just a foul. So I just really hope he can get back as soon as possible and help that team keep making a push.”

It's hard to judge intent based on the video, but I'm inclined to believe Olynyk. This sort of stuff happens all the time when battling for rebounds -- it just usually doesn't result in an injury to a star player. Olynyk did a dangerous thing by holding onto Love's arm, but it was actually Love who initiated the contact and got them tied up. While it wasn't exactly a freak accident, it doesn't seem like a case of goonery, either.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit.....I mean (expand to open picture).....it stops being a basketball play when Olynks other hand wraps around loves wrists....I can see an arm getting stuck....even though it makes no sense that Olynk is falling AWAY from where the rebound caroomed- ok- but i mean.....it just boggles my mind that someone can look at this and say it was a basketball play

now- MAYBE there is a difference between a truly dirty play- and a play that is clearly not a play on the basketball- this is CLEARLY not a play on the basketball. Who can really know what happened inside his head- no one knows but him- but if I have to go off of this picture- and the fact that there is no earthly reason for him to be going in that direction- and that it occurred while the Celtics were getting smoked and likely swept....albiet you have to balance it with the fact he does not have a history of this....

I can say DEFINITIVELY- that was not a basketball play. I CANNOT say definitively he purposefully tried to cause catastrophic injury- but its clear this is not a basketball play.

That is pretty much what I've been saying as a Celtics fan. Olynyk clearly grabbed his arm but I don't believe he was hoping the outcome would be an injury like this. When JR backhand punched Crowder you know exactly what the outcome could be and that is knocking someone out, the action of Smith shows more intent to do harm than that of Olynyk. Honestly I thought Olynyk would get at least a game or more but Smith should have gotten much more than he did and Perkins throwing punches should have gotten something as well but the league makes more money when Lebron advances to the finals so they went more light handed than they might have if it were a different team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is still very good.
Dragic is a VERY GOOD PG

you guys used to have when the team came together 3 guys in the top 15-20 players in the league

Now arguably you dont have any. You have a few players that can be very good- but no longer have any one great- no longer have an elite player in his prime.

Thats what wins in the NBA.

who knows the next time the Heat will have an elite player in his prime- a true game changer that is among the best in the league.