• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JR Smith suspended 2 games; Olynyk 1; Perkins fined $15k

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olynyk did grab the arm but I don't believe it was to injure Love. Love would have gotten to the loose ball if they hadn't been tangled and Olynyk holding his arm and if Olynyk doesn't get called for the foul because Love doesn't get hurt then Love touched the ball last and it would have been Celtics ball.
Just out of curiosity - How do you know Olynyk didn't intend to injure Love? How do you know he wasn't trying to knock him out of the playoffs to give them a shot? Going deeper into the playoffs could easily result in millions more in bonuses, so unless read his mind, you really don't know what was going on in his mind and it's not like he will tell us the truth

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven Foot tall men is quite natural to exist and the proof is in their existence, so that is a bullshit comparison. The movement that dislocated the mans shoulder wasn't just him grabbing him while tussling for ball. He grabbed him so hard that he dislocated the arm. That was bush league and for the record - I think they they fantasizing big time about Love being out only one series.

7ft men 240lb + or whatever they weigh are certainly not the norm in any society of humans.
Then, factoring in that they are athletes, means they are in great shape and quite strong.
When they get tangled up, it's possible for these things to happen.

These players all have careers and understand that the worst thing you could ever do is intentionally injure another player.

Neither has a reputation of being dirty.

it just happened.

Not very different then players being in tight quarters and accidently landing on another players foot and wrenching an ankle.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity - How do you know Olynyk didn't intend to injure Love? How do you know he wasn't trying to knock him out of the playoffs to give them a shot? Going deeper into the playoffs could easily result in millions more in bonuses, so unless read his mind, you really don't know what was going on in his mind and it's not like he will tell us the truth

And how do we know that you aren't drunk?

Why go after Love?
Why not James or Kyrie?

You are reaching big time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7ft men 240lb + or whatever they weigh are certainly not the norm in any society of humans.
Then, factoring in that they are athletes, means they are in great shape and quite strong.
When they get tangled up, it's possible for these things to happen.

These players all have careers and understand that the worst thing you could ever do is intentionally injure another player.

Neither has a reputation of being dirty.

it just happened.

Not very different then players being in tight quarters and accidently landing on another players foot and wrenching an ankle.
I'm not so sure about that - Shaq was a dirty player plenty of times - even when he was on the Lakers. He admitted on the Tonight Show to Jay Leno that he used to back into the players and use is body to send them flying across the floor intentional. If that wasn't dirty - what was it?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the part i thought was the worst was when he wrapped around his arm- thats where it went from a basketball play to something different. There is no basketball play that ends up with your arm like like that- but whatever.....Now Love will definitely not be going to Boston- and the Celtics have nothing more than early playoff exits to look forward too in the foreseeable future.

Really?
I have know idea if he is considering Boston or not, but if he is why would this change anything?
If he really has something against 1 Celtic pretty much scrub player, Ainge would just move him.

I honestly believe that Love was talking from emotion and after/if he and Kelly talk it out, he will agree and conclude that it was just an unfortunate accident.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do we know that you aren't drunk?

Why go after Love?
Why not James or Kyrie?

You are reaching big time.
Well, I'm not sure, but Im pretty sure I would have to drink some beer or wine before I could be drunk.... but I'm not saying he went out there with premeditated thoughts of who to hurt, but the guy is defending Oink and saying he never tried to hurt Love, and my response: How do you know that? Was you given a course in mind reading?

There is one more possibility not raised before, but Love missed an entire season the year I had him on the fantasy team, so is it possible that the guy is injury prone? Glass shoulder?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on here tries to say it wasn't an intentional move by Olynyk to hurt Love because "players get their arms tangled up all the time". That's the point. This happens ALL THE TIME. When was the last time a player actually had their shoulder separated and the labrum torn away from the bone? It takes an incredible amount of force to do that, which is why then this happens ALL THE TIME, players don't get their shoulders messed up. They aren't intentionally trying to wreck each other, which Olynyk clearly was.

I posted this in another thread. Look at this and try and tell me he isn't intending to hurt Love. It looks like he's trying to pull an MMA move or something. In no way, shape or form was he trying to do something basketball-related. 1 game is a joke; he should've gotten at least 20 along with a huge fine.

042615olynyk1.jpg

Careful. Keep posting this and they're going to call you a "hater."

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Kevin Love is a massive bitch

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he did anything intentional, he was taangled with him and sadly it caused a dislocation.
You are delusional.... :crazy:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to a couple HoFers or a couple haters on the internet? Yeah, I'll listen to the HoFers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you get your eyes examined. Just sayin.

You might want to actually watch a basketball game so you stop embarrassing yourself. Every former player, bigs and guards alike, that I've seen have said it wasn't intentional and that grabbing of arms, pulling on arms, etc. happens all of the time.

Yes, Olynyk intentionally grabbed Love's arm. Every big in the league does that. However, there was no intent to injure. It was a freak accident where they happened to have the right leverage and it dislocated his shoulder.

Despite what TLF seems to think, it's not that difficult to dislocate a shoulder.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bush league in my opinion for one main reason ===> It takes a tremendous amount of force to knock a shoulder out it's socket - An un-natural force. I will give them a pass and agree that his intention might not have been to hurt, but I won't rule it out either because let's face it. Perkins was a dirty player too and I think there was some retaliation going down in that game.

As a Lakers fan I'm really not going to be shocked for you to be on that side of the fence when it comes to a Celtics player. As I said if it were Bush League Perkins leaves the game on a stretcher. Sure it takes force to knock a shoulder out but everyone is different it may not take as much to knock Love's out and both guys are big players trying to get to a loose ball and both guys are larger guys. I just don't think he was trying to hurt him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know it takes much force to knock Kevin Love's Shoulder out? You don't, I haven't been in his head but he has never had that type of rep and look at Olynyk he doesn't have that kind of edge about him unlike Perkins. Honestly even if Perkins was still a Celtic and that had happened I would have said yeah he did that to hurt Love. Olynyk isn't that kind of player.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know it takes much force to knock Kevin Love's Shoulder out? You don't, I haven't been in his head but he has never had that type of rep and look at Olynyk he doesn't have that kind of edge about him unlike Perkins. Honestly even if Perkins was still a Celtic and that had happened I would have said yeah he did that to hurt Love. Olynyk isn't that kind of player.
I think the ones you need to convince - is the NBA front office that suspended him for two games. My opinion doesn't count for much - lol

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ones you need to convince - is the NBA front office that suspended him for two games. My opinion doesn't count for much - lol

Actually it was only one game not two, and I fully expected him to get a suspension because Love got injured. I'm not upset about it at all. Honestly I think my favorite part of the Lakers season was the Kobe reaction on Jimmy Kimmel to Swaggy P celebration.