• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JR Smith suspended 2 games; Olynyk 1; Perkins fined $15k

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR would've got more if it wasn't postseason

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for Wiggy to come in here and tell me how great JR Smith is. He's really showing his value to the team isn't he?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree with you on that one because I have experienced what it takes to knock a shoulder out of place. It takes a lot of force. The hit it took to do that exceeds any natural basket ball movements. I think he was damned lucky to only get 2. Perkins got lucky too. He should have been suspended for being a dick(and an ex Celtics player)

It's actually much easier to dislocate a shoulder than you think.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olynyk did grab the arm but I don't believe it was to injure Love. Love would have gotten to the loose ball if they hadn't been tangled and Olynyk holding his arm and if Olynyk doesn't get called for the foul because Love doesn't get hurt then Love touched the ball last and it would have been Celtics ball.

While it wasn't a true "basketball play," it is a play that happens several times a game in virtually every game at every level of basketball. It's unfortunate that Love got hurt, but arms getting tangled, players grabbing another players arm, etc. are pretty common occurrences.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it wasn't a true "basketball play," it is a play that happens several times a game in virtually every game at every level of basketball. It's unfortunate that Love got hurt, but arms getting tangled, players grabbing another players arm, etc. are pretty common occurrences.

Yep I saw batum do it last night to jeff green in the 4th

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"It was an accident." - Celtics fans with a straight face

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree with you on that one because I have experienced what it takes to knock a shoulder out of place. It takes a lot of force. The hit it took to do that exceeds any natural basket ball movements. I think he was damned lucky to only get 2. Perkins got lucky too. He should have been suspended for being a dick(and an ex Celtics player)

Yes it does take a lot... But I don't think it was intentional, their arms got locked up and both fighting for the ball and sadly Love's shoulder got dislocated. Should he be fined, probably but not suspended. I would have understood a suspension if he had a track record of stupid stuff like JR but he doesn't, fine is ok.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a joke

if anyone looks at that play its CLEARLY not a basketball play. Look at the freaking video.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bush league in my opinion for one main reason ===> It takes a tremendous amount of force to knock a shoulder out it's socket - An un-natural force. I will give them a pass and agree that his intention might not have been to hurt, but I won't rule it out either because let's face it. Perkins was a dirty player too and I think there was some retaliation going down in that game.

It's unnatural for near 7ft tall men to exist.
If you put them in a position in which they are playing 100 mph going after a ball, it is not unnatural for them
what a joke

if anyone looks at that play its CLEARLY not a basketball play. Look at the freaking video.

It totally was a play that happens in most every game , every night.
Players lock arms all the time.
Even Perkins play was a basketball play.

The Smith one though, was clearly not, and he should have been suspended longer.
I think league gave him a break because of Love being out for the series and them figuring that the Love play directly caused the Smith play.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put them in a position in which they are playing 100 mph going after a ball, it is not unnatural for them

The Smith one though, was clearly not, and he should have been suspended longer.
I think league gave him a break because of Love being out for the series and them figuring that the Love play directly caused the Smith play.

Seven Foot tall men is quite natural to exist and the proof is in their existence, so that is a bullshit comparison. The movement that dislocated the mans shoulder wasn't just him grabbing him while tussling for ball. He grabbed him so hard that he dislocated the arm. That was bush league and for the record - I think they they fantasizing big time about Love being out only one series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Love of Cleveland Cavaliers suffers dislocated shoulder on 'bush-league play' by Boston Celtics

are we watching the same video?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven Foot tall men is quite natural to exist and the proof is in their existence, so that is a bullshit comparison. The movement that dislocated the mans shoulder wasn't just him grabbing him while tussling for ball. He grabbed him so hard that he dislocated the arm. That was bush league and for the record - I think they they fantasizing big time about Love being out only one series.
the part i thought was the worst was when he wrapped around his arm- thats where it went from a basketball play to something different. There is no basketball play that ends up with your arm like like that- but whatever.....Now Love will definitely not be going to Boston- and the Celtics have nothing more than early playoff exits to look forward too in the foreseeable future.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the part i thought was the worst was when he wrapped around his arm- thats where it went from a basketball play to something different. There is no basketball play that ends up with your arm like like that- but whatever.....Now Love will definitely not be going to Boston- and the Celtics have nothing more than early playoff exits to look forward too in the foreseeable future.

Umm with just Love we'd be lucky to make one playoff appearance. I mean look at his time in MIN

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that sucks the most about it is the spacing Love gives you. That really sucks as it would have been nice against Chicago's ig- especially because NOah and Gasol really cant guard on the 3 pt line.

the good thing is that LeBron can play some 4, and Tristan Thompson is one of the best big men that youcanput into a starting lineup from the becnh in the entire league.

they need the Ole Guys to do some things against the Bulls- Marion, Miller, Jones, Perkins....4 guys that are old as hell, do any of these guys have enough left to give the Cavs 15-20 minutes a night? That should be fun to see. Personally, I think Marion might get some run and I think he could make a play or two- Miller as well- I think Mike Miller is going to have one throw back game. Perkins can definitely provide size, and that scowl....

Who knows whats up with this Chicago team but they certianly dont look great in this series. All i have seen is over-their-heads 3 pt shooting.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad that the Bulls are getting pushed- and that the Cavs can get some additional rest. LeBron will be ready to go in a big way.....

The more high-stress games Derek Rose plays the better.....it seems that Mirotic has a lingering knee injury that has kept him from being that great....

The Cavs are definitely going to need Kyrie at the top of his game- and LeBron is going to have to turn into big playoff series LeBron.......Tristan Thompson is coming off a great series and showed that he is ready for this.

Lets hope that Shumpert can keep up with either Butler or Rose- and Bron will probably guard the other one- ID put Shumpert on Butler and let Lebron choke out Rose like he has his entire career....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on here tries to say it wasn't an intentional move by Olynyk to hurt Love because "players get their arms tangled up all the time". That's the point. This happens ALL THE TIME. When was the last time a player actually had their shoulder separated and the labrum torn away from the bone? It takes an incredible amount of force to do that, which is why then this happens ALL THE TIME, players don't get their shoulders messed up. They aren't intentionally trying to wreck each other, which Olynyk clearly was.

I posted this in another thread. Look at this and try and tell me he isn't intending to hurt Love. It looks like he's trying to pull an MMA move or something. In no way, shape or form was he trying to do something basketball-related. 1 game is a joke; he should've gotten at least 20 along with a huge fine.

042615olynyk1.jpg