• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista To Phillies?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who keeps floating the idea out there that Bautista has more value than he would otherwise because he has played third base in the past? Hopefully not Amaro. I've seen his track record with stuff like this. "It's under control, we have Ty Wigginton, who can play first, third and outfield, and three days a week we'll be starting Thome at first base...........oh, that didn't work out? I've got it, we'll sign Michael Young. I know he's been DHing for two years but he can just step in and play third base for us...throw in Delmon Young for the outfield as well- problem solved".

It's not a fantasy league, Rube when you put a guy at third base he actually has to field the position......

T

Well, he does have more value. That shouldn't be the sole, or even a big reason why Ruben should pursue him, but it does help that he can play two positions. Imagine we live in a world where Maikel Franco doesn't exist, and Asche goes down. I'd feel a hell of a lot better with calling Hernandez up from the minors to play right field and having Bautista play third then having Frandsen play third and Bautista playing right field. Regardless, this rumor sounds like nothing but smoke and mirrors. Anthopoulos has dispelled Eskin's claims, calling them nothing but "rumours."

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista is done being effective as a 3rd baseman, his bad hip prevents him from pivoting in an effective manner. This trade will never happen, and if Amaro wants to trade Brown for a player that comes with a high salary,then we should get some prospects in return. That being said, Start Asche at third, give Franco some time in triple A, utilize Hernandez as a utility guy and get some pitching.

Brahmabull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How on earth does Eskin have 40K+ followers on twitter? He's all lies.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm shocked that a lot of people aren't realizing simple things.

- brown is already 26. he's not a young prospect.

- brown is here for 4 more years. boras represents him. regardless of what he does, he will be overpaid badly. do you want it to be the phillies doing it?

- bautista has 3 more years. expensive no doubt, but a big time hitter with wild potential.

- brown hasn't proven a damn thing yet. he had a ridiculous stretch, then was back and forth the rest of the year.

- brown is just as much an injury risk, even more so, than bautista.

- brown is bad defensively. he was something like -22 in runs last year compared to your average replacement.

** 3 years of bautista is significantly better than 4 years of brown. bottom line.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a shame this whole thing was apparently just an eskin wet dream. i was super excited at the thought of bautista. no doubt he would have helped greatly right now..

.254 avg, .450 obp, 1.043 ops, 6 homers and 21 walks.

pitchers do not want to pitch to him. he would have been a perfect tag-team partner for chase. where as brown, meh..

.254 avg, .323 obp, .662 ops, 1 homer and 6 walks.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a 26.3% walk rate so far lol

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY!?, the dude is good now, but he's old and wont have much value after the Phillies get him. Why not go YOUNG!?!?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was interesting until I realized it was from 6 months ago

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY!?, the dude is good now, but he's old and wont have much value after the Phillies get him. Why not go YOUNG!?!?

They went Young last year!

032713-delmon-michael-600.jpg