• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista To Phillies?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard Eskin on FOX 29 just said that the Phillies are very aggressive in trying to get Jose Bautista - they like him because he can also play 3B - he said Dom Brown would be one of the guys in the deal if they were to make that deal

What do you guys think?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that the jays are looking for a starting pitcher plus an outfielder in exchange for Bautista. I can not see them trading Brown plus a pitcher for Bautista. However, I do know that Amaro does not like Acshe as our future 3rd baseman, so there may be a tinge of truth to the rumor. But I don't see it happening.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom Brown and Kyle Kendrick is all I can come up with right now

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams are asking about Bautista

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH.

i've questioned bautista in the past, but he's never been caught doing anything. he's one of the best RH bats in the game and he's feared.

he is 33 and had been a little banged up recently. but what is dom brown? 26 and injury prone. it's also still unknown how consistent he can be offensively, yet known he's mediocre at best defensively.

also, brown is a boras client. so.. 3 years of bautista at age 33-35 against 4 years of brown at 26-29. i'll take jose 100 out of 100 times.

as long as the other player(s) aren't our top of the line prospects, i'd blow my load if the deal happened.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP getting old players. They HAVE to start getting younger or in 2 years or so, they are going to be really hideous.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys love gutting out your farm system for aging, overpaid players? If you don't want Brown, my Mets will gladly take him :)

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are getting a little too carried away with the whole age thing. bautista isn't 37 years old and brown some 20 year old superstar.

it would be idiotic to take the value of a 26 year old over a 33 year old simply because of age. we're only talking about the next 3 or so years.. not some 10 year contract.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are getting a little too carried away with the whole age thing. bautista isn't 37 years old and brown some 20 year old superstar.

it would be idiotic to take the value of a 26 year old over a 33 year old simply because of age. we're only talking about the next 3 or so years.. not some 10 year contract.
It's time to get some 22 year-olds and stop getting 33 year olds.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yes, but when that 33 year old can not stay healthy, and you just signed a 36 year old outfielder, and first base is an injured 34 year old, second base is a 35 year old with two bad knees that will miss at least a month, and shortstop is a 35 year old on a steep decline, and you are trading away another low cost player, and essentially giving up on another low cost player at third, this whole thing equals one gigantic, retarded, mess.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking like this is the first time the Phillies are doing this, it's not. You gutted out the farm for Halladay and Lee and now a trying to do it for Bautista. I'm sure all the fans loved Brown and how good he was last yearN and now everybody is talking like he is a nobody, come on dude.

Like the post below me says about the age, it's no secret they have no problem with older guys on the roster, and ones who tend to be injured often.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to get some 22 year-olds and stop getting 33 year olds.

i want the team to go more towards the young side as well. however, you need established players with them to be successful. who are you going to find at age 22 to possibly hit 35-40 homers, command respect and be a force?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument for this nonsense here. When you have a GM who can't see that he has a good young third baseman in Asche and a good young outfielder in Brown and you have a Franco down on the farm and you keep running after aged, injury-prone players sacrificing the future for what, nobody knows, it is simply lunacy to be discussing the validity of such insanity!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but when that 33 year old can not stay healthy, and you just signed a 36 year old outfielder, and first base is an injured 34 year old, second base is a 35 year old with two bad knees that will miss at least a month, and shortstop is a 35 year old on a steep decline, and you are trading away another low cost player, and essentially giving up on another low cost player at third, this whole thing equals one gigantic, retarded, mess.

i agree the quick view doesn't look great. but we're talking about bautista and brown here. bautista has nothing to do with the other 'old' players on the team. if you play in this league for any amount of time, you're going to get hurt. he's just as likely to get injured as brown is. a huge thing is, his production isn't going anywhere any time soon.

so it comes right back to that point.. 3 years of jose, or 4 years of dom? the only key is, as you mentioned, the money. and for bautista's skill level, he's worth every bit of the 14(?) million he makes per year. even if he gets 400-450 AB per year.. he's better than anything brown can do. if he gets more? unreal production.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH.

i've questioned bautista in the past, but he's never been caught doing anything. he's one of the best RH bats in the game and he's feared.

he is 33 and had been a little banged up recently. but what is dom brown? 26 and injury prone. it's also still unknown how consistent he can be offensively, yet known he's mediocre at best defensively.

also, brown is a boras client. so.. 3 years of bautista at age 33-35 against 4 years of brown at 26-29. i'll take jose 100 out of 100 times.

as long as the other player(s) aren't our top of the line prospects, i'd blow my load if the deal happened.

:agree:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking like this is the first time the Phillies are doing this, it's not. You gutted out the farm for Halladay and Lee and now a trying to do it for Bautista. I'm sure all the fans loved Brown and how good he was last yearN and now everybody is talking like he is a nobody, come on dude.

Like the post below me says about the age, it's no secret they have no problem with older guys on the roster, and ones who tend to be injured often.

you have no clue what you're talking about. the phils big piece for halladay was kyle drabek, who has a career 5.37 era due to inconsistency and injuries. he's already 26 next month and has had multiple TJS. the secondary piece was travis d'arnaud, who went on to tear it up in the minors and was eventually traded to the mets. he looked like crap when called up last year and is turning 25 in a few months. and then there was michael taylor.. who is 28 next month, owns a career .135 average in the majors and is a zero.

for lee.. it's well known the phils easily raked the indians in that deal. it was embarrassing.

so how you figure they "gutted the farm".. i have no idea.