• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Martin got bullied!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read, the more I believe Martin. But that's mostly because Richie Incognito is one of the dirtiest players in the league and is a complete douchebag.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's gay and getting harassed for it. I have a hard time believing that a guy would up and leave a job like that unless these guys found a pretty big button to press.

I get the feeling that this isn't far from the truth.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something fishy is going on here. Can't quite put my finger in it.

Nah. Bullying is something I understand pretty well. Grew up in a rough neighborhood. Only child (adopted of course) virtually every kid in the neighborhood was at least two years older than me. Believe it or not, I had a mouth on me too. I quit that, but the pattern had been set. I suppose someone or a few beat me up about 3-5 times a week for something like 3 years. Nothing serious. Few black eyes and bruises. Funny thing though, we are all made different. I never said I give up or begged anyone to stop. Just took it. I can see why some people might crack though. Living in constant fear has an effect.

Eventually I outgrew the other kids. Never took revenge. When the opportunity presented itself, I studied martial arts with a lot of purpose and dedication. Got fairly decent at it after time. Never bullied anyone. Never started a fight. I guess you can either look for revenge against the world or remember what it is like to be on the receiving end.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Miami Dolphin coaching staff and team members should take responsibility for this type of behavior. No wonder the team has been doing poorly; no leadership and no discipline. Nothing divides an organization quicker than one or two people who cause trouble thus causing people to choose sides. It should be one team with everyone working together. How can that go on for such a long time. The owner should clean house and start over.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
growing up in the mid 70's as a teenager in farm country I did not fit in. Long hair, tie dye shirts , bell bottoms were not exactly welcome in the small Kansas farm town I was in. I got bullied a lot with the typical swirly being tried numerous times weekly during school. I fought back and I got even with the farm boys that bullied me. Amazing the things a teenager can do when you put your mind to it boots filled with liquefied Cow Shit, while some jerks were in gym class. Letters sent to teachers professing love or hate signed by my tormentors. ETC I did not get mad I got even or ahead

I made it through and decided I would not let them get the better of me PERIOD.
Todays kids are way to soft to be able to handle these pressures. Place the blame where you may however a Grown man leaving a job over being teased ..........

Something is fishy in this story and it will all come out pretty soon

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty bold rumor to start there bud. I think I head Martin is the son of 2 male harvard doctors. If that's what they were going after, then that organization needs to clean house. Where is the leadership? You think someone would step in before it reached this point

Yeah. This is on the coaches. I get a little bit of hazing but these are supposed to be your teammates. The coaches should have stopped this crap before it got this far.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, despite all the issues with bullying, it still isn't an issue that people take seriously for some reason. People just look the other way and expect the person to stand up for themselves.

But when he does and starts beating his team mates ass with a helmet, people say "OMG! How could this have happened?!!?"

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin talks respect amid Jonathan Martin bullying reports - ESPN

"Multiple sources told ESPN.com this week that teammates teased Martin in the lunch room Monday, which caused Martin to become angry and leave the team. Fox Sports reported Thursday that Martin has been the subject of persistent bullying within the locker room and is now receiving professional assistance for emotional issues."

Not sure if middle school student... or NFL player.:noidea:

I agree. What kind of insecure, immature jackass picks on people and teases them as an adult. Sometimes I wonder about theses guys....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What kind of insecure, immature jackass picks on people and teases them as an adult. Sometimes I wonder about theses guys....

The same kind of people that you cant win with.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam schefter is tweeting about this now

1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...
2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....
3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).
4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sing may have chokeslammed Incognito himself if he was coaching the Dolphins...... But they would be 2-6.

If Sing was there coach and he caught wind of this.... he would have dropped trou and brought order to the locker room in an instant.