• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your take on this?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know nothing of psychology then. He's at a Stanford game, obviously talking to a friend from the team. And he's far removed from the situation causing him stress. So DUH! Of course he's going to appear happier in this clip. The mind is far more complex then you seem to think it is. But you've obviously vilified Martin in your mind, and your mind is made up. So I'm not wasting any more typing on this...

My mind is made up? How ironic.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

It just seems your opinion is that Martin is somehow doing all this as a scam when there is no evidence to support that and that Richie Incognito did nothing wrong as if you condone what he did as ok.

And yes, we heard you say that the locker room at FSU had some fucked up shit occur. That doesn't make it ok or acceptable. Football players are not somehow "exempt" from being decent human beings and showing respect, especially adults and professional athletes.

I don't care if a few teammates stuck up for him or if he was an "Honorary" black man. I have not heard one person, commentator, analyst, ex or current athlete (Other than the handful on the Dolphins) that agrees that this kind of behavior is acceptable from Incognito.

If the culture in the Miami locker room let this occur over a year and a half, not just his rookie season in camp when it is normal to "haze" players but continuous harassment of a player because he did not fit in then that culture needs to be changed by the Head Coach and the Team Ownership.

Mark my words. Philbin, Ireland and others are probably going to lose their jobs and the League is going to set some standards for how this is dealt with.

You can't hide behind the "Culture of the NFL Locker Room" and the "Gladiator Mentality" to justify anything that occurred here. There are laws that protect people in the workplace from harassment and the NFL is not exempt.

I seriously doubt this is some kind of scam concocted by Jonathan Martin. Are his lawyers looking for a payday? Of Course, but he would make as much money as a starting tackle with a new contract as he would get from a settlement after his lawyers take their cut moist likely, so I doubt he did this for any other reason other than what happened was not right and he is the kind of person to not just go along and accept what a degenerate did to fit in.

Ritchie Incognito as far as I am concerned is a scumbag. The incidents in college and HS and his known dirty play in the NFL leads me to believe he is guilty of what he is accused of as opposed to the "theory" that Martin is a scam artist.

And when the investigation by the league is done, pretty sure that the Dolphins organization is going to have some liability as well for allowing it to occur.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any irony here is only in your own mind..... :lame:

How is that? You said I have my mind made up, and it seems everyone has, including you. However, since my view is a bit contrary to everyone else's point of view....well....it seems absurd.

Again, we have no idea what has happened. There is actual evidence that supports my view. At least at this point it is as possible as anyone else's view. That is the point.

None of us know a thing. Just to reiterate, the only ones that are the "experts" in this situation are not defending Martin, even though he was called the N word. That, speaks volumes, regardless if everyone (it seems a lot of simply ignore them) wants to ignore what they are saying.

Again, is he receiving pay? Why? Emotional distress?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

It just seems your opinion is that Martin is somehow doing all this as a scam when there is no evidence to support that and that Richie Incognito did nothing wrong as if you condone what he did as ok.

And yes, we heard you say that the locker room at FSU had some fucked up shit occur. That doesn't make it ok or acceptable. Football players are not somehow "exempt" from being decent human beings and showing respect, especially adults and professional athletes.

I don't care if a few teammates stuck up for him or if he was an "Honorary" black man. I have not heard one person, commentator, analyst, ex or current athlete (Other than the handful on the Dolphins) that agrees that this kind of behavior is acceptable from Incognito.

If the culture in the Miami locker room let this occur over a year and a half, not just his rookie season in camp when it is normal to "haze" players but continuous harassment of a player because he did not fit in then that culture needs to be changed by the Head Coach and the Team Ownership.

Mark my words. Philbin, Ireland and others are probably going to lose their jobs and the League is going to set some standards for how this is dealt with.

You can't hide behind the "Culture of the NFL Locker Room" and the "Gladiator Mentality" to justify anything that occurred here. There are laws that protect people in the workplace from harassment and the NFL is not exempt.

I seriously doubt this is some kind of scam concocted by Jonathan Martin. Are his lawyers looking for a payday? Of Course, but he would make as much money as a starting tackle with a new contract as he would get from a settlement after his lawyers take their cut moist likely, so I doubt he did this for any other reason other than what happened was not right and he is the kind of person to not just go along and accept what a degenerate did to fit in.

Ritchie Incognito as far as I am concerned is a scumbag. The incidents in college and HS and his known dirty play in the NFL leads me to believe he is guilty of what he is accused of as opposed to the "theory" that Martin is a scam artist.

And when the investigation by the league is done, pretty sure that the Dolphins organization is going to have some liability as well for allowing it to occur.

Well, I find it odd that he was gathering information (saving voice mails and documenting other things) while pretending to be friends with Incognito. That is something that everyone agrees with. He was very close to Incognito. Like I said, I get it. Many people heard the voice mail and the case is simply closed. That is it. I mean why are we ignoring it when the team said Martin was joking about the voice mail? These are all little things that I find odd and is being ignored.

Now, you are asking why would he sue when he gets paid so well as an NFL player. One, he is still getting a pay check for this so called emotional break down, and he will still be playing in the NFL. He will find a roster spot on some team, and will still collect that money.

Now, what if he gets a 7 or an 8 figure settlement? I am sorry, but he certainly does not look like a basket case where he is in a dark room traumatized by his experience with the Dolphins.

jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-tackle-left-team-bullying__oPt.jpg

The funny thing too is I am not saying this is what happened. I am not saying that. What I am saying is it is as plausible as any other's theory on this situation. I have shown the "evidence" or things that are odd that do not fit with the notion that he was an emotional basket case in that locker room where he was in desperate need of professional help.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I find it odd that he was gathering information (saving voice mails and documenting other things) while pretending to be friends with Incognito. That is something that everyone agrees with. He was very close to Incognito. Like I said, I get it. Many people heard the voice mail and the case is simply closed. That is it. I mean why are we ignoring it when the team said Martin was joking about the voice mail? These are all little things that I find odd and is being ignored.

Now, you are asking why would he sue when he gets paid so well as an NFL player. One, he is still getting a pay check for this so called emotional break down, and he will still be playing in the NFL. He will find a roster spot on some team, and will still collect that money.

Now, what if he gets a 7 or an 8 figure settlement? I am sorry, but he certainly does not look like a basket case where he is in a dark room traumatized by his experience with the Dolphins.

jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-tackle-left-team-bullying__oPt.jpg

The funny thing too is I am not saying this is what happened. I am not saying that. What I am saying is it is as plausible as any other's theory on this situation. I have shown the "evidence" or things that are odd that do not fit with the notion that he was an emotional basket case in that locker room where he was in desperate need of professional help.

First of all, if there is some sort of law suit filed by Martin, it will not be because some sort of emotional breakdown.

His rights were violated in the workplace. Incognito broke the law. He saved the voice-mails and text messages because they are evidence of harassment in the workplace.

Look, I am just speculating on this part but of course he laughed about it in front of teammates. What choice did he have? He was trying to "fit in" to the Locker Room culture and I am guessing that when the harassment continued into his 2nd year he had enough.

This is not some premeditated plan to set up Incognito and the Dolphins for a payday. I don't see a guy who comes from a good background, went to Stanford and is already making millions in the NFL hatching some scam as a premeditated criminal act.

Answer 2 questions.

Do you think that what Incognito did is wrong? Yes or no?

Is it ever ok for a white man to use the "N" word? Yes or no?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, if there is some sort of law suit filed by Martin, it will not be because some sort of emotional breakdown.

His rights were violated in the workplace. Incognito broke the law. He saved the voice-mails and text messages because they are evidence of harassment in the workplace.

Look, I am just speculating on this part but of course he laughed about it in front of teammates. What choice did he have? He was trying to "fit in" to the Locker Room culture and I am guessing that when the harassment continued into his 2nd year he had enough.

This is not some premeditated plan to set up Incognito and the Dolphins for a payday. I don't see a guy who comes from a good background, went to Stanford and is already making millions in the NFL hatching some scam as a premeditated criminal act.

Answer 2 questions.

Do you think that what Incognito did is wrong? Yes or no?

Is it ever ok for a white man to use the "N" word? Yes or no?

Incognito is a neanderthal. He is wrong, and he admitted it.

Is it ever OK for a WHITE MAN to use the N word? See, right there. That is as ridiculous as the term "reverse racism." What does that even mean? It is not alright for ANYONE to use that word. Period. However, the double standards are clearly a part of society. That is it and that is all in regards to that.

I will turn the question around. Is it ever alright for anyone to be a racist regardless of color?

Now stories will be leaked and the curtain will be raised into the creepy world of NFL athletes. Most of whom are filled with unusual amounts of testosterone.....not counting the synthetic chemicals that they ALL HAVE in their systems.

We will be getting a good whiff and it is not going to be pretty. As though that is the only place this occurs.

You do not have to believe me, but the stuff that does go on in many locker rooms are very creepy.

One thing that happened a few years ago involving Willie Roaf with the Saints. There were stories about his wife having sex with several members of the team. It was very salacious.

There was a movie North Dallas 40 in the 70s. It was a movie, loosely based on the Cowboys during the 60s and what was going on there. If you have never seen it, watch it.

Just one seen:

What many do not understand is this world is not for the feint of heart as I said before. There are literally millions of stories that you have never heard, and if you did, you would be shocked. I am shocked that people do not believe that.

My contention is that it is easily plausible that Martin was intending to do this, and he was indeed documenting everything. BTW, his mother is not just an Ivy league attorney, but she specialized in work place harassment.

I am guessing she advised him to keep a record of all the situations that happen. Document as much as he could. He indeed did that, and the first place he went was to a medical establishment. In order to get more documentation.

I am telling you, there is a reason why the Dolphins football team have their disposition. They know they will now be the focus of national headlines, and many will be villainized.

It is kind of obvious to me that you will not ever get it. I am not even saying that what Johnathan Martin was not a good thing, and if he was indeed harassed that hard, then he should have documented everything.

However, there is something about this that stinks to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more scenes from North Dallas 40.

[YOUTUBE]I4hc-GcHCsE[/YOUTUBE]

Love this scene. John "Tooz" Matuszak. Classic crazy Raider.

It is only a movie, but it does give a decent perspective on the types of individuals we are talking about. Again, not thespians and not future nobel laureates.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito is a neanderthal. He is wrong, and he admitted it.

Is it ever OK for a WHITE MAN to use the N word? See, right there. That is as ridiculous as the term "reverse racism." What does that even mean? It is not alright for ANYONE to use that word. Period. However, the double standards are clearly a part of society. That is it and that is all in regards to that.

I will turn the question around. Is it ever alright for anyone to be a racist regardless of color?

Now stories will be leaked and the curtain will be raised into the creepy world of NFL athletes. Most of whom are filled with unusual amounts of testosterone.....not counting the synthetic chemicals that they ALL HAVE in their systems.

We will be getting a good whiff and it is not going to be pretty. As though that is the only place this occurs.

You do not have to believe me, but the stuff that does go on in many locker rooms are very creepy.

One thing that happened a few years ago involving Willie Roaf with the Saints. There were stories about his wife having sex with several members of the team. It was very salacious.

There was a movie North Dallas 40 in the 70s. It was a movie, loosely based on the Cowboys during the 60s and what was going on there. If you have never seen it, watch it.

Just one seen:

What many do not understand is this world is not for the feint of heart as I said before. There are literally millions of stories that you have never heard, and if you did, you would be shocked. I am shocked that people do not believe that.

My contention is that it is easily plausible that Martin was intending to do this, and he was indeed documenting everything. BTW, his mother is not just an Ivy league attorney, but she specialized in work place harassment.

I am guessing she advised him to keep a record of all the situations that happen. Document as much as he could. He indeed did that, and the first place he went was to a medical establishment. In order to get more documentation.

I am telling you, there is a reason why the Dolphins football team have their disposition. They know they will now be the focus of national headlines, and many will be villainous.

It is kind of obvious to me that you will not ever get it. I am not even saying that what Johnathan Martin was not a good thing, and if he was indeed harassed that hard, then he should have documented everything.

However, there is something about this that stinks to me.

Dude, I get it. I understand the level of machismo and neanderthal thinking that goes on in an NFL locker room.

I just can't understand why you are trying to accuse Jonathan Martin of something sinister here when it is obvious to everyone he is most likely the victim here. Maybe I am missing what point you are trying to make.

It's almost as if you are excusing what happened to him by saying, "That is just the way it is" as if it is acceptable. It may have been going on in a lot of locker rooms in the past in pro and college, but that does not make it ok.

I think we have an extreme case here of Incognito going way beyond the norms of hazing and crossed way over the line into harassment.

And I think the reaction of his teammates is just a defensive posture by them of circling the wagons.

The world is changing and what was the norm in the past is not acceptable in a digital world where everything you do and say is digitally captured for all the world to see in seconds.

Times are changing, for better or worse is a matter of opinion, but athlete's, celebrates, musicians are accountable for their actions juts like everyone else. They just have the pockets to hire the lawyers to get them off.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I get it. I understand the level of machismo and neanderthal thinking that goes on in an NFL locker room.

I just can't understand why you are trying to accuse Jonathan Martin of something sinister here when it is obvious to everyone he is most likely the victim here. Maybe I am missing what point you are trying to make.

It's almost as if you are excusing what happened to him by saying, "That is just the way it is" as if it is acceptable. It may have been going on in a lot of locker rooms in the past in pro and college, but that does not make it ok.

I think we have an extreme case here of Incognito going way beyond the norms of hazing and crossed way over the line into harassment.

And I think the reaction of his teammates is just a defensive posture by them of circling the wagons.

The world is changing and what was the norm in the past is not acceptable in a digital world where everything you do and say is digitally captured for all the world to see in seconds.

Times are changing, for better or worse is a matter of opinion, but athlete's, celebrates, musicians are accountable for their actions juts like everyone else. They just have the pockets to hire the lawyers to get them off.

Yeah, the world is changing. That is the concern.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another point I want to bring up. Most of us have seen these "public roasts" on the comedy channel.

Now, it is in public, and we all see it for what they are. Now, if these "roasts" were private and we never saw them, and one of these people being roasted decided to sue for racial slurs, etc and we read the transcripts of what was said......what do you suppose would be the response?

Just watch this roast, and try and imagine it being in private. Should these be done away with too? I mean did you hear the racist things they said about Aziz Ansari?

I guess it is all different right? It actually illustrates a point. The racist things said about gays, jews, and Indians etc are all just jokes. Well, they are. This roasting is a kind of "rite of passage."

Yes, they are obvious jokes. These roasts are out front and center. Like I said, now imagine you did not hear it in public, and you read those statements. Watch the roasts, and see how racial they get.

Why is it that different?