• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry on Tony

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like u have made your mind up as to who u want as QB. As far as crossing your mind to what Romo Is thinking - you have no clue. He looks happy to me. Maybe Dak will throw that deep ball for you this weekend that you think he throws so well.
I'll take a healthy Dak over a brittle Tony.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stafford. I think he has some flaws but it's not like he is Jay Cutler. I can also add and know that in 10 years he will be 38. Not close...
Stafford is a lot tougher than Cutler. Cutler has missed 3 games with a sore pinky finger.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those 5 pick games were tough. By the looks of it, u have Romo either winning the Super Bowl or getting cut. Interesting. I was hoping he would get to play 3-4 more yrs. I wanted him to hold all of the Cowboy passing records. He still has a couple to get. Aikman INT record though may take awhile.
Tony was as good as any QB in the league when healthy but his brain farts were costly to the team.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony was as good as any QB in the league when healthy but his brain farts were costly to the team.

Could it be, Tony had to take chances in some games because his defense couldn't stop anybody.......
The COWBOYS played the Broncos at ATT, in 2013
Romo threw for 506 yards......a passer rating of 140....5 TD passes and 1 INT
The COWBOYS scored 48 points........
And because Romo threw the ONE int, he was blamed for the loss.
The Broncos scored 51 points.......

In fourth quarters, Romo is second in NFL history with a passer rating.....102.7

..............Fourth in the history of the NFL, in the last two minutes of a game, in passer rating

and Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives than two other COWBOY QBs I can think of.

every QB makes mistakes..........

but

Let Romo drive the Ferrari that Aikman and Staubach got to drive
And somehow, I've never compared Jason Garrett to Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson
And Jerry Jones is no Gil Brandt or Jimmy Johnson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be, Tony had to take chances in some games because his defense couldn't stop anybody.......

In fourth quarters, Romo is second in NFL history with a passer rating.....102.7

..............Fourth in the history of the NFL, in the last two minutes of a game, in passer rating

and Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives than two other COWBOY QBs I can think of.

but

You get tougher and tougher to read by the day. If you can't even admit that Tony tries to do too much sometimes and makes reckless decisions and it costs his team you aren't just protecting him, you are a liar. Of course the flip side of that is that oftentimes those things turn out well and win games and help his team. Any objective fan sees both. What makes him so good also makes him shake your head and wonder if he understands the game sometimes. Look at those screen passes Dak purposely throws into the ground just like Peyton and others do (he has already done it about 4 or 5 times). Romo sees a guy in the flat 5 yards behind the LOS with a defender nearby and tries to complete it and 75% of the time the play will lose a few yards, 15% of the time the guy will make something out of it and 10% of the time it will be a pick 6 - and yes I am making up those %'s to make a point.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="jarntt, post: 9070182, member: 6351" I am making up those %'s to make a point.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you added this

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Including post season
Roger Staubach started 131 games total.........193 turnovers total.......fumbles and INTs combined
Tony "Turnover" Romo has started 133 games....192 turnovers total..........
Troy Aikman started 180 games total.......221 turnovers total

so I guess Aikman wins.........more or less
To be fair........Staubach was sacked more than Aikman and Romo

now, cue the posters who say you can't compare QBs from different eras........3...2....1

opinions without backing are worthless...........
anybody can have opinions without proof........

You get tougher and tougher to read by the day. If you can't even admit that Tony tries to do too much sometimes and makes reckless decisions and it costs his team you aren't just protecting him, you are a liar. Of course the flip side of that is that oftentimes those things turn out well and win games and help his team. Any objective fan sees both. What makes him so good also makes him shake your head and wonder if he understands the game sometimes. Look at those screen passes Dak purposely throws into the ground just like Peyton and others do (he has already done it about 4 or 5 times). Romo sees a guy in the flat 5 yards behind the LOS with a defender nearby and tries to complete it and 75% of the time the play will lose a few yards, 15% of the time the guy will make something out of it and 10% of the time it will be a pick 6 - and yes I am making up those %'s to make a point.

Could it be, the COWBOYS run a different offense for Dak?
It takes real talent and effort, for you, to make up stats..........brilliant

yep
cue the circus music

And this drawing is for Pdud
It fits his I.Q.
This portrait is called The Fence Sitter

drawingapril07.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="jarntt, post: 9070182, member: 6351" I am making up those %'s to make a point.

Good thing you added this[/QUOTE]
On risky throws Romo makes the wrong decision way too often. Use whichever %'s you want. I think you understood the point, but I'll clarify the benefit of a QB throwing the ball away at times if you need me to.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including post season
Roger Staubach started 131 games total.........193 turnovers total.......fumbles and INTs combined

now, cue the posters who say you can't compare QBs from different eras........3...2....1

It fits his I.Q.

drawingapril07.jpg

Are you 12? Do you not understand how much the rules have changed to benefit the offense?
Your constant Romo is great BS, even has me, a huge fan shaking my head in disbelief.:L:doh::crazy:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staubach
109 career ints and 36 lost fumbles = 145

193 total turnovers??????

major fail....

you remain pointless

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Cowboys lose today, we will see Romo after the bye. If the Cowboys beat GB in their house, I don't think Romo gets his job back until the Cowboys lose back to back or Dak seriously regresses. Beating GB at home would shine a whole new light on Dak for Jerry IMO

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including post season

It fits his I.Q.

drawingapril07.jpg
Staubach and Aikman were SB winning QBs. Tony never sniffed a SB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Cowboys lose today, we will see Romo after the bye. If the Cowboys beat GB in their house, I don't think Romo gets his job back until the Cowboys lose back to back or Dak seriously regresses. Beating GB at home would shine a whole new light on Dak for Jerry IMO
The Packers pass defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Dak should have a field day against those guys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers pass defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Dak should have a field day against those guys.
I think we need to take advantage of Matthews being back at OLB. He wants to get after the QB, and I think we can work his side with read options and PA to slow him down

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football opinions and points made on a football fan opinion chat board from BIG fans of the game of football!

Isn't that what all this is about?

I have always found it funny some posters run to a football reference site, write down a stat and rush back here and pin a medal on their chest cause they post the "facts" to the discussion...as if that makes them the authority of the topic. It's as if, first one to the reference site is the smartest football poster on this board. I just laugh at all that. It would be nice if said poster could read the stats correctly and not spin to support his madness.

Now....make no mistake, I HATE (yes hate) the argument Barry Sanders was a superior RB cause emmitt had the line, Aikman and Irvin. Barry was Gayle Sayers in the 60's....best pure runner with the football in his hand, hardly the best RB in football. Runnerbacks with regards to superiority do more than tuck a football and make people miss. I can't change peoples mind who discredit emmitt, but it's not right to slam him for the people he played with. Fuck stats. the eye test for anyone who followed football know full well emmitt was a special football player. It was ALL those skills that made emmitt smith what he was...not his ststs. Money player when required are special football players.

It's the same when some clown shouts "facts" from the rooftop with regards to Tony Romo being something (anything) better than both Staubach or Aikman. Just makes um look uninformed and stupid as the day is long to keep posting the same ole bull shit. I think my 6 year old grand son can work the search engines with the best of um. Guess that makes him an expert football opinion too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to take advantage of Matthews being back at OLB. He wants to get after the QB, and I think we can work his side with read options and PA to slow him down
The Packers play a soft zone pass defense and are vulnerable to slant patterns across the middle of the field.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football opinions and points made on a football fan opinion chat board from BIG fans of the game of football!

Isn't that what all this is about?

I have always found it funny some posters run to a football reference site, write down a stat and rush back here and pin a medal on their chest cause they post the "facts" to the discussion...as if that makes them the authority of the topic. It's as if, first one to the reference site is the smartest football poster on this board. I just laugh at all that. It would be nice if said poster could read the stats correctly and not spin to support his madness.

Now....make no mistake, I HATE (yes hate) the argument Barry Sanders was a superior RB cause emmitt had the line, Aikman and Irvin. Barry was Gayle Sayers in the 60's....best pure runner with the football in his hand, hardly the best RB in football. Runnerbacks with regards to superiority do more than tuck a football and make people miss. I can't change peoples mind who discredit emmitt, but it's not right to slam him for the people he played with. Fuck stats. the eye test for anyone who followed football know full well emmitt was a special football player. It was ALL those skills that made emmitt smith what he was...not his ststs. Money player when required are special football players.

It's the same when some clown shouts "facts" from the rooftop with regards to Tony Romo being something (anything) better than both Staubach or Aikman. Just makes um look uninformed and stupid as the day is long to keep posting the same ole bull shit. I think my 6 year old grand son can work the search engines with the best of um. Guess that makes him an expert football opinion too.
I liked Emmitt but Barry Sanders was a superior RB. Most rational folks would agree with me.