• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry on Tony

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see them are over .500 over those 10 games.

They may lose to the Lions and the Bears and I would be surprised if they were over .500 vs the rest after losing in Arlington. They have Cousins at QB so they can turn any W into an L, any given Sunday!

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staubach
109 career ints and 36 lost fumbles = 145

193 total turnovers??????

I believe, counting the POSTSEASON..Staubach had 128 INTS (109 INTs regular season and 19 INTs post season)
and where did I say fumbles lost?.......I posted fumbles plus ints.........
and Staubach had 65 fumbles (just fumbles).......55 regular season........10 fumbles in post season.....

128 + 65 = 193

but regardless,
I did the same for Romo and Aikman........

and as far as rules changes, it was 1978 when the the 5 yard limit on hitting a WR (once) came into effect.

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outsider looking in...

Starters don't lose their jobs to injury. It's like a "Blue Code" thing.
Disagree. There is no code, but why mess with a good thing??

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is no longer committing to Tony Romo as the Cowboys starter
The Cowboys owner said there's 'no time frame' for Romo's return

Jerry Jones is backpedaling faster than a dusty tumbleweed stuck in front of a Texas-sized industrial fan. Just a few weeks ago Jones was adamant the Cowboys were Tony Romo's football team and Romo would be the quarterback when he returned.

It sure doesn't sound that way now, with Jones telling CBS Sports Radio affiliate 105.3 the Fan in Dallas there "is no time frame" for Romo's return.

To be clear: Jones is being positive about the whole thing and is probably thrilled he's got two quarterbacks who can play at a high level on his roster. But ...

"No. We've got to get Romo in a situation so that it is a situational decision. I don't use the word 'problem' in this conversation. This is a great situation," Jones said. "And to be sitting there with the team coming on the way that it is, both sides of the ball, with it improving like it is, then to have Romo with his ability sitting there healthy, ready to play and have Dak Prescott playing at the level he's playing with the future standing there motivating us, all of it is a great situation. I don't have a time frame. There is no time frame."

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported a little over a week ago that there's "zero chance" the Cowboys start Dak over a healthy Romo. Jones then gave the same vote of confidence on Romo when he said the Cowboys would go with the incumbent. Even Dak said the Cowboys were Romo's team.

But recently Jerry kind of backed off that stance a little bit, acknowledging he might be willing to go with Dak as the starter moving forward.

And now there's just no time frame? The Cowboys aren't even thinking about it? It makes sense to let Romo get as healthy as he possibly can. And messing with the 5-1 mojo Dallas created heading into the bye doesn't make sense.

But it's also possible Jerry looks at this and sees a situation similar to the 2001 Patriots, when they dealt with Tom Brady replacing Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe got Wally Pipp'd and Brady never looked back.

Interpret that however you want. It could be good for Romo or it could be good for Dak. You can read a lot into it.

The bottom line is if the Cowboys keep on winning, Jerry is going to have a really difficult time yanking Prescott out of the starting lineup.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is no longer committing to Tony Romo as the Cowboys starter
The Cowboys owner said there's 'no time frame' for Romo's return

Jerry Jones is backpedaling faster than a dusty tumbleweed stuck in front of a Texas-sized industrial fan. Just a few weeks ago Jones was adamant the Cowboys were Tony Romo's football team and Romo would be the quarterback when he returned.

It sure doesn't sound that way now, with Jones telling CBS Sports Radio affiliate 105.3 the Fan in Dallas there "is no time frame" for Romo's return.

To be clear: Jones is being positive about the whole thing and is probably thrilled he's got two quarterbacks who can play at a high level on his roster. But ...

"No. We've got to get Romo in a situation so that it is a situational decision. I don't use the word 'problem' in this conversation. This is a great situation," Jones said. "And to be sitting there with the team coming on the way that it is, both sides of the ball, with it improving like it is, then to have Romo with his ability sitting there healthy, ready to play and have Dak Prescott playing at the level he's playing with the future standing there motivating us, all of it is a great situation. I don't have a time frame. There is no time frame."

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported a little over a week ago that there's "zero chance" the Cowboys start Dak over a healthy Romo. Jones then gave the same vote of confidence on Romo when he said the Cowboys would go with the incumbent. Even Dak said the Cowboys were Romo's team.

But recently Jerry kind of backed off that stance a little bit, acknowledging he might be willing to go with Dak as the starter moving forward.

And now there's just no time frame? The Cowboys aren't even thinking about it? It makes sense to let Romo get as healthy as he possibly can. And messing with the 5-1 mojo Dallas created heading into the bye doesn't make sense.

But it's also possible Jerry looks at this and sees a situation similar to the 2001 Patriots, when they dealt with Tom Brady replacing Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe got Wally Pipp'd and Brady never looked back.

Interpret that however you want. It could be good for Romo or it could be good for Dak. You can read a lot into it.

The bottom line is if the Cowboys keep on winning, Jerry is going to have a really difficult time yanking Prescott out of the starting lineup.
Like I've said all along...talk to me when Romo is at or near 100%...Much ado about nothing right now

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as you name two better WRs, absolutely.

I mean do people actually think Dak is better than Romo. If so they are crazy. It's the perfect storm right now

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He is saying if it's not broke don't fix it.
Yeah...just that simple...sigh

It is up in the air which QB is better. It is uo in the air if Leary or Collins is better. It is not up in the air with Dez. Maybe we win by 30 with him the last two weeks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean do people actually think Dak is better than Romo. If so they are crazy. It's the perfect storm right now
I think there is a good chance that 2016 Dak is better than 2016 Romo. I have my doubts as to who Romo is today. I'm not sure we ever see 2014 Romo again and I'm not sure Romo ever plays more than 4 or 5 straight NFL games in a row without another surgery.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a good chance that 2016 Dak is better than 2016 Romo. I have my doubts as to who Romo is today. I'm not sure we ever see 2014 Romo again and I'm not sure Romo ever plays more than 4 or 5 straight NFL games in a row without another surgery.

And there's the reason I'm behind Romo getting his chance. I want to know if 2014 Romo is still around or is it time to move on with Dak.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daks on a good run no doubt. I can't look though 5 yrs ahead and be even 75% sure he is gonna be our QB. He has had some good games. He has done everything asked of him. Like I said earlier - I seriously doubt any QB has started their career this good. The only one that comes to mind is VY, but he did his mostly running and making wild plays.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...just that simple...sigh

It is up in the air which QB is better. It is uo in the air if Leary or Collins is better. It is not up in the air with Dez. Maybe we win by 30 with him the last two weeks

Maybe we win by 30 with Romo Qbing as well. We have played 2.5 games with Dez. We lost by 1 and won by 4. I think he had 2 or 3 grabs vs Bears, but he was hurt early.

No doubt in my mind Dez is the the best WR on the team. No doubt in my mind Romo is the best QB on this team. Like I have said before it's not the 11 best that always works, it's the best 11.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daks on a good run no doubt. I can't look though 5 yrs ahead and be even 75% sure he is gonna be our QB. He has had some good games. He has done everything asked of him. Like I said earlier - I seriously doubt any QB has started their career this good. The only one that comes to mind is VY, but he did his mostly running and making wild plays.
I agree. 5 year is a long time.

Dak will have his bumps. But, I think what we are seeing is exactly who he is. He is on a magical run no doubt, but some of those plays will not bounce his way for a stretch too. So what I mean by that is the outcome and numbers won't be as good perhaps because of bad luck replacing good luck, but we are seeing the real Dak right now, Also, I still hope he'd run a little bit more like RW does in a big spot.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you say, things have a way of working themselves out. I do however believe Romo wont be ready to practice for another couple weeks and wont be declared game ready until week 9-10. If and when that happens I hope both Dak and Tony stay healthy and we don't ever have to count on Capt butt fumble to win us any games.
Tony would be a good backup for Dak.