• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones Threatens To Fire A Radio Broadcaster

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry needs to step aside and hire the right people and let them run the show, he’s gotta stop pretending he’s some great GM… Jimmy made that 90’s dynasty happen, he built it up with some amazing trades, starting the the Herschel Walker STEAL!! Jerry’s gotta snap back to reality..

In fairness, Jerry really hasn't drafted badly at all over the years.

He's built rosters capable of winning Superbowls, but he's just so demanding and overbearing of a boss it places too much pressure on the coaches and players to succeed.

His ego is just too big to entrust the people he hires to operate freely.

Even if he were to let someone else oversee the personnel decisions, he'd still be overly meddling and imposing himself in other ways

In hindsight, it's rather amazing what Jimmy Johnson was able to accomplish working for him. Going into it having a strong personal history and relationship with Jerry probably helped.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO at the Cowboy/Raider trash talk battle in here.

The Raider side at least has some sense of reality.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are reaching the point of rebellion when it comes to the Cowboys and their fan base. The Texans are pretty good and some people are defecting, especially outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. People are fed up with Jerry. He's feeling some heat. And he is extremely defensive because a lot of this is on him, he's failed and he won't accept it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh-grandpa-cake-smash.jpg

spelling aside, lol...

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO at the Cowboy/Raider trash talk battle in here.

The Raider side at least has some sense of reality.
Seems apropo since he's the Al Davis of this generation.

82 years old and still in the thick of it, for better or worse.

Whatever necromancy he's using is some strong magic. (Al Davis didn't make it past 82)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time when a lot of us looked forward to Stephen taking the helm. He had a reputation of being a whiz with the Salary Cap and maybe more willing to take a risk or two. Personally - I just get the sense he’ll just keep on doing what they do and he doesn’t seem to be the Cap whiz he was purported to be.

As far as Jerry goes I’ll just repeat what I’ve been saying for close to twenty years - he’s gonna die trying to convince the world he can win a Super Bowl without Jimmy. And so will I.
The smartest of the kids is Charlotte she would run circles around all of them including Jerry with the exception of marketing. Jimmy once said he would give his last $100 to Jerry because he knew he would get back $1000. Jerry is not a football genius but Jerry is hands down the Best at marketing the Cowboys period even better than Tex Schramm and Tex was incredible. Now being general manager of the Cowboys is a completely different story

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever necromancy he's using is some strong magic. (Al Davis didn't make it past 82)
Jerry’s old man made it into his 90’s. Something we Cowboys fans are acutely aware of.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about Dallas sports radio but it should be open season on Jerry Jones. I get he doesn't care what the fans probably think but nothing wrong making him feel uncomfortable and hammer the hell out of him on top of that boo his team off the field every chance they get if the losses keep piling up. Now with that said maybe once the defense gets healthy they'll get back on track.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Jerry really hasn't drafted badly at all over the years.

He's built rosters capable of winning Superbowls, but he's just so demanding and overbearing of a boss it places too much pressure on the coaches and players to succeed.

His ego is just too big to entrust the people he hires to operate freely.

Even if he were to let someone else oversee the personnel decisions, he'd still be overly meddling and imposing himself in other ways

In hindsight, it's rather amazing what Jimmy Johnson was able to accomplish working for him. Going into it having a strong personal history and relationship with Jerry probably helped.
Very Al Davis vibes...lots of success early in their run, then their ego and meddling prevents real football people from doing their jobs, and they never get back to greatness.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, ninja'd me LOL

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a cowboys hired announcer or what lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is and has been an incompetent clown since day 1. Sad thing is his son may be worse. My hope has been on the grandson for a decade now. Someone tell that kid that life is better on a yacht than it is pretending to know how to run a football team…

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that standard contracts for this sort of thing include a clause that gives the team the option to approve/reject the radio station employee at their discretion.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Al Davis vibes...lots of success early in their run, then their ego and meddling prevents real football people from doing their jobs, and they never get back to greatness.

Jones has at least drafted pretty well as the owner-GM.

Davis became god awful at drafting, in addition to all the meddling, though he was once great at it.