• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Locker is retiring

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam isn't a very good passer...middle of the road on a good day. The difference is he can get away with a lot more because of his size and athleticism. That's why Carolina runs the read option. Before Ponder lost his job they had really similar passing stats.

only in completion percentage. td.s and int's they are far apart.

Carolina doesnt run the Read Option cause Cam isn't a great passer. they run it cause he is used to it and is good at it. he may not be the best passer but he is far from a bad one. Dalton does well cause AJ Green, take him away and he doesnt do as well...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....has anyone checked on Hammered.....?,.........I hope they took away any sharp knives in his trailer/upon hearing this Locker retirement.....?!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the first drafts with the new CBA where QBs weren't getting paid $40+M if taken top 10. Everyone went QB crazy in that draft to try and find 'their guy' knowing it wouldn't ruin the franchise if it didn't pan out.

Locker was top 10 worthy, he just had injury problems (similar to Bradford the year before). Guy had natural leader, mobility, and all the intangibles though. I remember mocks had him going #1 overall the year prior if he declared (woops on his part).

Ponder on the other hand was a 2nd round prospect AT BEST. Why the Vikes went that route is beyond me. But again, QB... hope it works out, was cheap.

I was all over the QB's that year because I knew my VIkes might grab one. I personally didn't think that Locker was a first round prospect. He just didn't throw the ball nearly as well as people said he did. He completion percentage in college was bad....for a reason. And Ponder I watched about two games on and switched him off because he had no arm and no guts. And Gabbert was TERRIBLE on NFL throws. He had this high percentage of completions but all of it was on bubble screens. If you took just the passes he was going to be asked to throw in the NFL, he probably ddin't complete 30% of them.

It just still astounds how over-hyped that whole crew was. It was then that I realized that none of the ESPN guys watched these guys but rather just formed their opinions based on what their NFL sources are telling them.