• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers... Who is he?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this game and was thinking Aaron Rodgers might be the best game manager of all time. He was soooo conservative tonight. According to the sheep, he has been arguably one of the best QB's of all time and he always escapes criticism. We can blame the special teams for this game, which is deserved, but I put this loss on AR. The team needed him to pull this one out and he disappeared.

One of the best QB's who had one of the most stacked teams, couldn't win.

Thoughts?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came out the gates firing on all cylinders but honestly, I have to hand it to San Fran's D and ST. The blocked FG just before halftime is massive, especially when the same guy who blocked it was the one who blew his coverage to give GB that chance. Not sure On A.R. though. The Niners seem to be "that team" vs him come play-off time. It's one of those quirks of the game. Having said that, Rodgers fails again and I'm happy for that. Ironically, when the Rams knock off the defending champs, San Fran could be playing their next 2 games in SOFI stadium, lol.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From CBS Sports:

Aaron Rodgers has rewritten the record books throughout his Hall of Fame career and added another mark during Saturday night's NFC divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. But this record the Green Bay Packers legend wants nothing to do with.

Rodgers became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose four times in the playoffs to a single opponent in the Super Bowl era after falling to the the San Francisco 49ers 13-10. Green Bay scored 20 points or fewer in three of those four setbacks.

Rodgers previously was tied for the most playoff losses to a single opponent with three. Philip Rivers lost three times to the New England Patriots, Bernie Kosar lost three times to the Denver Broncos, and John Brodie lost three times to the Dallas Cowboys. Of the quarterbacks with three losses in the playoffs to a single opponent, Rodgers is the only one with a championship.

Rodgers finished 20 of 29 for 225 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions in the loss, the second career game in the postseason he finished with no passing touchdowns. The Packers have failed to reach the Super Bowl the last three times they were the No. 1 seed, losing their first playoff game two of those three times. Green Bay hasn't reached the Super Bowl as a No. 1 seed since Brett Favre was quarterbacking them in 1996.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d3d95dec-da7e-4fbc-be41-78545ee02987_text.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asked about his Packers future following Saturday's Divisional Round loss, Aaron Rodgers said he "(doesn't) want to be part of a rebuild if I'm going to keep playing."​

Rodgers, who is under contract for 2022, hinted he will contemplate retirement. “I’m gonna take some time and have conversations with the folks around here and then take some time away and make a decision.” As was the theme throughout the week, Rodgers said his relationship with GM Brian Gutekunst has grown "a lot" over the past year. However, he also openly reflected on what could be something of a coming rebuild for the Pack, as they are nearly $50 million over the 2022 cap with a number of important free agents, none more so than Davante Adams. Rodgers comes with a mammoth cap hit before his voidable year of 2023. So Rodgers does have leverage in that regard. With Jordan Love headed into the meat of his rookie deal, it's possible the sides could mutually decide to part after the Pack dug in when Rodgers demanded a move last summer. We doubt he will retire after yet again playing at an MVP level this season

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asked about his Packers future following Saturday's Divisional Round loss, Aaron Rodgers said he "(doesn't) want to be part of a rebuild if I'm going to keep playing."​

Rodgers, who is under contract for 2022, hinted he will contemplate retirement. “I’m gonna take some time and have conversations with the folks around here and then take some time away and make a decision.” As was the theme throughout the week, Rodgers said his relationship with GM Brian Gutekunst has grown "a lot" over the past year. However, he also openly reflected on what could be something of a coming rebuild for the Pack, as they are nearly $50 million over the 2022 cap with a number of important free agents, none more so than Davante Adams. Rodgers comes with a mammoth cap hit before his voidable year of 2023. So Rodgers does have leverage in that regard. With Jordan Love headed into the meat of his rookie deal, it's possible the sides could mutually decide to part after the Pack dug in when Rodgers demanded a move last summer. We doubt he will retire after yet again playing at an MVP level this season
This year was the Packers last real shot at another title, imo. They'll have to FT Adams and they really are strapped after that. I can see Rodgers in a Denver uni or on some other team that's close but a QB away from contending. But AFCW a helluva lot tougher to win than the pitiful NFCN. No easy Lions and Bears wins twice a year for Aaron. Not really sure who else has the draft capital and money to trade for Rodgers. Doubt he goes in conference but you never know.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy doesn't lose a game. Horrible play calling from the sideline, OL injuries, horrific ST. You know there's a coaching problem when the HC says that he hopes that ST don't mess up the day before the game. The ST coach shouldchave been fired in Ocober.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year was the Packers last real shot at another title, imo. They'll have to FT Adams and they really are strapped after that. I can see Rodgers in a Denver uni or on some other team that's close but a QB away from contending. But AFCW a helluva lot tougher to win than the pitiful NFCN. No easy Lions and Bears wins twice a year for Aaron. Not really sure who else has the draft capital and money to trade for Rodgers. Doubt he goes in conference but you never know.
broncs would need to rework their cap (33 mil) to get him but plenty of others could try

1642944274242.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th
I watched this game and was thinking Aaron Rodgers might be the best game manager of all time. He was soooo conservative tonight. According to the sheep, he has been arguably one of the best QB's of all time and he always escapes criticism. We can blame the special teams for this game, which is deserved, but I put this loss on AR. The team needed him to pull this one out and he disappeared.

One of the best QB's who had one of the most stacked teams, couldn't win.

Thoughts?
That's harsh!

Correct, but harsh!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was still pretty pissed off that the Packers selected Jordan Love to back him up, and have not got him any weapons.

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Both selected in the 4 picks in front of where the Packers traded up for Love. Meaning both were possibly within reach.
Tee Higgins
Micheal Pittman Jr.
Both selected in the 5 picks after Green Bays original draft position. Meaning both were definitely within reach and valued around that area.

So if we take away the nothing that Love added to the team and add any of those 4 above WR's do the Packers have an additional couple points in the playoffs last year and this year?

You can put the loss all on Rodgers if you want, and people have. But maybe there's a reason he was "acting like a d bag" this off season, because his organization isn't helping him out but he's the one getting blamed for it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put the loss all on Rodgers if you want, and people have. But maybe there's a reason he was "acting like a d bag" this off season, because his organization isn't helping him out but he's the one getting blamed for it.
it's not the organization's fault he wears a man bun.