• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers... Who is he?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was still pretty pissed off that the Packers selected Jordan Love to back him up, and have not got him any weapons.

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Both selected in the 4 picks in front of where the Packers traded up for Love. Meaning both were possibly within reach.
Tee Higgins
Micheal Pittman Jr.
Both selected in the 5 picks after Green Bays original draft position. Meaning both were definitely within reach and valued around that area.

So if we take away the nothing that Love added to the team and add any of those 4 above WR's do the Packers have an additional couple points in the playoffs last year and this year?

You can put the loss all on Rodgers if you want, and people have. But maybe there's a reason he was "acting like a d bag" this off season, because his organization isn't helping him out but he's the one getting blamed for it.
GB defense played very well, can’t ask for more than that. You can blame ST, which I believe was ranked 32 this season, but the offense failed to score more points, obviously, so he gets part of the blame. It has become a tradition for him to lose key playoff games. This was huge blow to his legacy as being clutch when it counts.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB defense played very well, can’t ask for more than that. You can blame ST, which I believe was ranked 32 this season, but the offense failed to score more points, obviously, so he gets part of the blame. It has become a tradition for him to lose key playoff games. This was huge blow to his legacy as being clutch when it counts.
You quoted my post, but did you read it?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted my post, but did you read it?
Sorry if I misunderstood, sounded like you were shifting blame to the team. Do you think Rodgers did enough to win, with the weapons at his disposal?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I misunderstood, sounded like you were shifting blame to the team. Do you think Rodgers did enough to win, with the weapons at his disposal?
I think if they had used a first round pick to give him additional weapons instead of intentionally drafting a back-up they would have put the team in a better position to win.

Did Rodgers do enough to win the game? Obviously, they should have won that game if it weren't for poor special teams play.

Did Rodgers do enough to single-handedly win the game? Nope. Other QB's did last week, others may do it this week, Rodgers himself has done it many times in the past. But no, he did not do enough to single-handedly win this week. That's probably the standard by which legacies are written, so by that measure he definitely did not add to his legacy. But if the standard is single-handedly overcome team mistakes and organizational poor decisions I really don't think that's fair to any single player. Even if it is a QB.

But I'm done with this conversation. As a Lions fan it already feels wrong sticking up for a Packer. As a man it feels bad for sticking up for some d bag with a man bun. And as a human being it feels dirty to stand up for Aaron Rodgers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they had used a first round pick to give him additional weapons instead of intentionally drafting a back-up they would have put the team in a better position to win.

Did Rodgers do enough to win the game? Obviously, they should have won that game if it weren't for poor special teams play.

Did Rodgers do enough to single-handedly win the game? Nope. Other QB's did last week, others may do it this week, Rodgers himself has done it many times in the past. But no, he did not do enough to single-handedly win this week. That's probably the standard by which legacies are written, so by that measure he definitely did not add to his legacy. But if the standard is single-handedly overcome team mistakes and organizational poor decisions I really don't think that's fair to any single player. Even if it is a QB.

But I'm done with this conversation. As a Lions fan it already feels wrong sticking up for a Packer. As a man it feels bad for sticking up for some d bag with a man bun. And as a human being it feels dirty to stand up for Aaron Rodgers.
Haha, great answer. Too bad can’t give a like and laugh as well for the last part of your post :thumb:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has really distorted the view of how much a QB means to team success. I'm no Rodgers fanboy, but if their STs didn't shit the bed nobody's talking about an inadequate effort by Rodgers.. which it really was not given the playing conditions.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From CBS Sports:

Aaron Rodgers has rewritten the record books throughout his Hall of Fame career and added another mark during Saturday night's NFC divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. But this record the Green Bay Packers legend wants nothing to do with.

Rodgers became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose four times in the playoffs to a single opponent in the Super Bowl era after falling to the the San Francisco 49ers 13-10. Green Bay scored 20 points or fewer in three of those four setbacks.

Rodgers previously was tied for the most playoff losses to a single opponent with three. Philip Rivers lost three times to the New England Patriots, Bernie Kosar lost three times to the Denver Broncos, and John Brodie lost three times to the Dallas Cowboys. Of the quarterbacks with three losses in the playoffs to a single opponent, Rodgers is the only one with a championship.

Rodgers finished 20 of 29 for 225 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions in the loss, the second career game in the postseason he finished with no passing touchdowns. The Packers have failed to reach the Super Bowl the last three times they were the No. 1 seed, losing their first playoff game two of those three times. Green Bay hasn't reached the Super Bowl as a No. 1 seed since Brett Favre was quarterbacking them in 1996.
At least give your source credit

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year was the Packers last real shot at another title, imo. They'll have to FT Adams and they really are strapped after that. I can see Rodgers in a Denver uni or on some other team that's close but a QB away from contending. But AFCW a helluva lot tougher to win than the pitiful NFCN. No easy Lions and Bears wins twice a year for Aaron. Not really sure who else has the draft capital and money to trade for Rodgers. Doubt he goes in conference but you never know.
The Lions and Packers are 5-5 the last five seasons. Split this season and each swept each twice in the four seasons prior.

Series is 10-8 GB in the last nine years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still laughing at OP talking shit about AZ being 8-1 in first place in OCT. just gold Jerry

AR faced a solid defense last night and lucky ST by San Fran. Seemed his scrambling was not in play with the snow no idea why unless he was scared to get hit

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay GIF

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00