• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's going to be a long 3 days for me

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in China I won't get to watch the draft live so a couple of friends and I are avoiding all Draft coverage so we can watch it on Sunday! It sucks that I won't be able to read all of you guys insight while it's going on live. It will give me a lot of good stuff to read on Sunday night though. Enjoy the draft boys, maybe we'll end up with a couple of probowlers that help get us over the top this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Living in China I won't get to watch the draft live so a couple of friends and I are avoiding all Draft coverage so we can watch it on Sunday! It sucks that I won't be able to read all of you guys insight while it's going on live. It will give me a lot of good stuff to read on Sunday night though. Enjoy the draft boys, maybe we'll end up with a couple of probowlers that help get us over the top this year.

can i ask where in China and if you learned to speak Mandarin there?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can i ask where in China and if you learned to speak Mandarin there?

I live in Shanghai. I haven't learned Mandarin as much as I should as I spend my days teaching in English(lame excuse). I know enough to get around and shop. My wife on the other had has become pretty fluent as she teaches kindergarteners and has a tutor.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great draft! I'm so excited about our picks! I got great pics of my newly adopted son age 2 and I in our Kaep jerseys! I think I'll have to change my profile pic now!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I live in Shanghai. I haven't learned Mandarin as much as I should as I spend my days teaching in English(lame excuse). I know enough to get around and shop. My wife on the other had has become pretty fluent as she teaches kindergarteners and has a tutor.

mahalo KennyT1!

just curious cause two of my friends went over there to teach too. one in Guandong, the other north in Jilin (?). one is earnestly learning Mandarin and finding it slow going. the other doesn't feel its even worth learning, or maybe he's just lazy? haa

general consensus - outside of us biased fans - is we had a good draft. so at least on paper we're looking good beyond this season. cutting players later will be tough going?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratz on your adoption. My grandfather was adopted and even though his adopted parents died in a car crash when he was only 12 he could not stop bragging about them and he remembered how much they loved him. After they died he had to go to an orphanage for teenage boys in the middle of Boston Harbor where they basically used the kids as slave labor and got no schooling. Many of the kids ended up in jail or committing suicide. If it was not for the good memories of what they did for him I don't know how he would have ended up.