• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Westbrook the most gifted guard in NBA history ?..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained how it worked plain enough for a child, but apparently not well enough for you to grasp.
If you walk yourself through it, maybe it will down on you how I have to be correct.

You were wrong. Period. End of story. You didn't even get the most basic concept right.

lol @more possessions equaling a half court game.

And maybe it it will "down" on me? Did you mean "dawn" on me?

Let me guess Einstein. You also meant for your screen name to be BallsofFury but you spelled fury wrong.

That about right...Furry Balls?

And you called me a dumbass. :pound:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were wrong. Period. End of story. You didn't even get the most basic concept right.

lol @more possessions equaling a half court game.

And maybe it it will "down" on me? Did you mean "dawn" on me?

Let me guess Einstein. You also meant for your screen name to be BallsofFury but you spelled fury wrong.

That about right...Furry Balls?

And you called me a dumbass. :pound:

You are beyond being a dumbass. My posts from late last night would inform a dumbass, you're brain dead.
Anybody with a functioning brain can see how much more impressive Westbrook's 2016/2017 season is than Oscar's /62 season based to the information I posted.

Now, if anybody capable of grasping the information I've posted cares to have a discussion, I'm prepared, but you're a dead end, as I'm sure your parents know all too well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are beyond being a dumbass. My posts from late last night would inform a dumbass, you're brain dead.
Anybody with a functioning brain can see how much more impressive Westbrook's 2016/2017 season is than Oscar's /62 season based to the information I posted.

Now, if anybody capable of grasping the information I've posted cares to have a discussion, I'm prepared, but you're a dead end, as I'm sure your parents know all too well.

Ok, I will bite.

In his triple double season, big O had a usage rate of 25.8%. That pails in comparison to westbrook's 41.7.

While the Royals averaged a lot more possessions in a much faster pace game, Big O actually allowed the ball to move instead of completely dominating it like Russ does. Even though O's teams had more possessions, Westbrook still has greater opportunity to produce stats because he has the ball in his hands more than Big O did in those extra possessions.

There you go. Stats that completely debunk your argument.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook had 9 games this year where he was either 1 rebound or 1 assist of a triple double. He could have shattered the record if he was really trying to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook had 9 games this year where he was either 1 rebound or 1 assist of a triple double. He could have shattered the record if he was really trying to.

Well, missing by 1 does not prove he wasn't trying to get there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will bite.

In his triple double season, big O had a usage rate of 25.8%. That pails in comparison to westbrook's 41.7.

While the Royals averaged a lot more possessions in a much faster pace game, Big O actually allowed the ball to move instead of completely dominating it like Russ does. Even though O's teams had more possessions, Westbrook still has greater opportunity to produce stats because he has the ball in his hands more than Big O did in those extra possessions.

Exactly 100% correct.

And Dammit tlance...you stole my thunder. :lol:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will bite.

Good post, the only one with substance to counter my facts so far.
No doubt Westbrook's being forced to take on so much because of a lack of talent around him helps his quantity of stats, but the ridiculous work load would exhaust virtually every other player in The NBA. His seemingly inexhaustible stamina has to count for something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. He was a half court player, you can't be very prolific in today's game with his lack of full court dominance.
I don't count your completely unsupported claim as substance.
Again, in Oscar's year averaging a triple teams had 31% more possessions than this season. Even IF he was as productive per possession he'd fall way short of his 1962 averages.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, the only one with substance to counter my facts so far.
No doubt Westbrook's being forced to take on so much because of a lack of talent around him helps his quantity of stats, but the ridiculous work load would exhaust virtually every other player in The NBA. His seemingly inexhaustible stamina has to count for something.

Lack of talent?

Maybe he is just a ball-dominating PG like he has always been. Maybe that's why KD left, even though I don't think that tells the whole story bc KD's usage was still way up.

He might not have the best team but compare it to Lebrons' Cleveland teams where he didn't have one All-Star. His highest usage rate was 33.8%. Westbrook is right around 41%.

Westbrook has two very good bigs in Adams and Kanter. He is a lockdown defender in Roberson and good 2 guard in Oladipo. He has some pretty good players around him. If you want to talk about "lack of talent". Lebron had Larry Hughes, Big Z, Drew Gooden, an old Eric Snow and Sasha Pavlovic.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Magic or MJ had TRIED to average a triple double, they probably could have. But, it would not have been in the best interest of their teams.

This ^ especially Magic. If the Lakers had needed him to be more of a scorer he would have done that. He's a full 9% better lifetime from the field than Westbrook. Same with crashing the boards.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of talent?

Maybe he is just a ball-dominating PG like he has always been. Maybe that's why KD left, even though I don't think that tells the whole story bc KD's usage was still way up.

He might not have the best team but compare it to Lebrons' Cleveland teams where he didn't have one All-Star. His highest usage rate was 33.8%. Westbrook is right around 41%.

Westbrook has two very good bigs in Adams and Kanter. He is a lockdown defender in Roberson and good 2 guard in Oladipo. He has some pretty good players around him. If you want to talk about "lack of talent". Lebron had Larry Hughes, Big Z, Drew Gooden, an old Eric Snow and Sasha Pavlovic.

Don't forget about Scott Pollard. He was critical to the Cavs success in '07.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^ especially Magic. If the Lakers had needed him to be more of a scorer he would have done that. He's a full 9% better lifetime from the field than Westbrook. Same with crashing the boards.

Magic would have had 3 seasons averaging a triple double with Oscar's 1961/1962 season possession rates.
Magic also had no less than 5 all stars around him, Westbrook has none.
Bottom line, Oscar did what he did in a once in history season where many other players had career seasons, Westbrook had no such advantages. He is still the only player to accomplish the feat in a normal season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic would have had 3 seasons averaging a triple double with Oscar's 1961/1962 season possession rates.
Magic also had no less than 5 all stars around him, Westbrook has none.
Bottom line, Oscar did what he did in a once in history season where many other players had career seasons, Westbrook had no such advantages. He is still the only player to accomplish the feat in a normal season.

Normal season? Harden is virtually doing the same lol

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, his season has been fantastic thus far but give me Jordan and Magic over Westbook any day.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normal season? Harden is virtually doing the same lol

No he's not, the feat is averaging a triple double, but he's having a great season in his own right.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, his season has been fantastic thus far but give me Jordan and Magic over Westbook any day.

Those are 2 greats among greats for sure.
It'd be fun to see Westbrook with that great Lakers talent around him. We never saw him with such limited talent as Westbrook is playing with. How many other HOFers were on those great 80s Lakers; teams, at least 3.

Also put Pippin at SG and freak in the middle, how would Westbrook do is that situation ?