• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Westbrook the most gifted guard in NBA history ?..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell, why not elaborate ?
Oscar had excellent coordination ,but he was not that quick. He was closer to Magic in athleticism, but he wasn't the all court PG Magic was.

And Larry Bird wasn't quick. How did his career turn out?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said RW is the most athletic PG we have ever seen, in these times that is expected. If Oscar was playing now I would venture to say things would be different. Him being a big, stronger guard doesn't take anything away from his scoring ability bc he was one of the greatest scoring guards of all-time.

The Big O is was also 1 of the greatest @ dishing out assists as well.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Larry Bird wasn't quick. How did his career turn out?

Bird was nothing like Oscar. Bird was stronger, longer, a better shooter with superior range even by today's standards.
Look, I believe Big-O would be maybe a 22-7-8 player on the right team today, that is to say the least excellent, but it's not all time great.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big O is was also 1 of the greatest @ dishing out assists as well.

He was a great passer, but not a great open court passer.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said RW is the most athletic PG we have ever seen but seems like he is arguing he is or could be the best. IMO he isn't, could he? Who knows. Like you said, he is doing what the Thunder need him to do. Doesn't help if it doesn't win you anything.

No player I know of other than maybe Bill Russell in his first 2 years in Boston has won a title with the level of supporting cast Westbrook has. Too bad The Thunder didn't trade Harden for an equally talented but more complimentary player and kept Durant.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, excellent retort...not.

How did you expect me respond to that idiotic comment? Maybe next you'll say that for a G he wasn't a good rebounder as well.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said RW is the most athletic PG we have ever seen, in these times that is expected. If Oscar was playing now I would venture to say things would be different. Him being a big, stronger guard doesn't take anything away from his scoring ability bc he was one of the greatest scoring guards of all-time.

He was a great scorer in half court and a good to decent full court player.
He was very good with mid range shots, finishing etc, but his prolific scoring came from backing toward the basket, turning around and hitting 10 ft shots, often by banking them in. I just don't think he could average over 22 pts with his skill set and limited quickness. Could he possibly have adapted to more of a James Harden type offensive player ? sure, it's possible, but I don't see anything that makes me think it would be real likely.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you expect me respond to that idiotic comment? Maybe next you'll say that for a G he wasn't a good rebounder as well.

Weak stuff dude.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes to short to be the most gifted. Genetically hes playing above himself. His fire though, god if Lebron played like him? This guy is a million times more aggressive and is dropping trip dubs like no ones business. Hes going to pass AI in my book for his size at the very least. Also he couldnt shoot when he came into the league, hes really worked on it, again shows his work ethic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes to short to be the most gifted. Genetically hes playing above himself. His fire though, god if Lebron played like him? This guy is a million times more aggressive and is dropping trip dubs like no ones business. Hes going to pass AI in my book for his size at the very least. Also he couldnt shoot when he came into the league, hes really worked on it, again shows his work ethic.

Lebron isn't aggressive? Lebron doesn't have drive? LMAO. You have no idea what you are talking about. :pound:

RW STILL can't shoot, he is just shooting at much higher volume bc that is what his team needs from him. He is shooting 7 3 pointers a game at 34%. His overall FG% is the 3rd lowest of his career. He is a great player and he has great athleticism but lets not make him out something he isn't. He is a high volume shooter that shoots at a low percentage.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still isn't a good shooter. He's a career 43.3% shooter & this year he's @ 42.5%. Only twice in his career has he had a shooting percentage better than 45%. But he's a helluva hoopster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still isn't a good shooter. He's a career 43.3% shooter & this year he's @ 42.5%. Only twice in his career has he had a shooting percentage better than 45%. But he's a helluva hoopster.

FG% is a function of shot selection more than shooting ability unless we are talking about somebody who only takes open shots.

Russ is not a bad shooter, he just takes a lot of bad shots. And no, it isn't all because his teammates suck.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isn't aggressive? Lebron doesn't have drive? LMAO. You have no idea what you are talking about. :pound:

RW STILL can't shoot, he is just shooting at much higher volume bc that is what his team needs from him. He is shooting 7 3 pointers a game at 34%. His overall FG% is the 3rd lowest of his career. He is a great player and he has great athleticism but lets not make him out something he isn't. He is a high volume shooter that shoots at a low percentage.
I didn't say any of that, read again lol

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor shooter, careless turnover machine, and lately shitty defense as well

The short answer NO

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say any of that, read again lol

Cmon man.

"A million times more aggressive" Lebron is one of the most aggressive players we have seen EVER for a guy that wasn't a post player and it started by driving the ball to the hoop hard like RW. Lebron has taken more hits than anyone in the league, not this year, in recent years.

So a million times more aggressive is not accurate at all.

"His fire though, god if Lebron played like him" So Lebron doesn't have fire? RW has always played with an edge but to say Lebron doesn't have fire is again inaccurate. He can take the regular season lightly now as he has aged but come playoff time it's go time...

Miami Heat at Boston Celtics Box Score, June 7, 2012 | Basketball-Reference.com

2012 ECF Game 6