• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Westbrook the most gifted guard in NBA history ?..

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trying so hard, you've proven you're an idiot many times over.
So you have better footwork than Westbrook, calling that a croc is an insult to crocs everywhere.
If you really want to understand feet, watch them, and only them when a player is in every sort of move and situation.
Westbrook almost never gets his tangled, or loses his center of balance, even on drives where he is cut off by multiple defenders. He not only keeps his balance, he comes down more often than not in near perfect alignment to continue running or defending. It's like watching a cat, it doesn't look practiced, it seems remarkably innate.
Calling that athleticism just shows how limited your vocabulary and knowledge of sports/athletics truly is.

When you make a comment like this and you are incorrect, do you really think I am going to let it go?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i could care less if you believe me. I know what I am talking about here and you clearly don't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I am officially done with you and with this thread.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a comment like this and you are incorrect, do you really think I am going to let it go?

I think you're some pretentious liar on a message board.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody posted The Thunder's record when RW registers a triple vs when he doesn't. It's extremely definitive they are 2nd tier title contender level when he gets them, below average when he doesn't.

You honestly think his 10 rebounds per game effect the W/L column? I don't.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook doesn't necessarily need to rebound the ball 10 times a game for the Thunder to win. Westbrook doesn't need to shoot 24 times to win. I do agree that the Thunder need him to perform every night to have a chance. Take last night vs the Suns. He shot the ball 25 times, 12 times from 3 and many of them were early on the shot clock and contested. That is not winning basketball. One thing that irked me last night was when Westbrook was wide open late in the game and decided to pass the ball into a crowd of defenders to try and get his assists. I don't like to see a player stat chase like that, it should come in the natural flow of the game.

I believe the Thunder would be a better team if Westbrook was more efficient. He doesn't really need to average a triple double.
It was obvious he was going for it. But its one of those once every 50 years type things. So I give him a pass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be true. My point is simply he didn't. Just like no other player in the past 56 years. We could come up with reasons that players didn't do things all day long.

I agree. Just pointing out that it's different positions with different expectations. What Westbrook is doing, or better yet, has done (since the season triple double is wrapped up) is truly historic and he should definitely get the MVP, imo.

I don't get people who try to make less of it. Regardless of how or why he's doing it, it's a damn hard thing to do. That's why only one other person has ever done it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook stands alone in Nba history with another triple double today.

Congrats on the MVP!

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think his 10 rebounds per game effect the W/L column? I don't.

10 boards from the PG position. I'll go out on a limb and say...of course they do.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother was at the game and called me last night. They were vacationing in Colorado and he bought tickets months in advance. He said the crowd started going pro Russ as the game went on. He said the MVP chants got louder and louder. Westbrook basically put Denver out of playoff contention last night and the crowd was standing up going nuts when he hit the game winner. Said he's never seen anything like it.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother was at the game and called me last night. They were vacationing in Colorado and he bought tickets months in advance. He said the crowd started going pro Russ as the game went on. He said the MVP chants got louder and louder. Westbrook basically put Denver out of playoff contention last night and the crowd was standing up going nuts when he hit the game winner. Said he's never seen anything like it.

This in one of the greatest games by a player in NBA history. He was superman and every pt, every rebound and every assist was 100% necessary in the 1 point win. He also a perfect 11 for 11 in FTs and only turned the ball over 2 times. I want to know his PER rating in the game.