• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Westbrook the most gifted guard in NBA history ?..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

"A million times more aggressive" Lebron is one of the most aggressive players we have seen EVER for a guy that wasn't a post player and it started by driving the ball to the hoop hard like RW. Lebron has taken more hits than anyone in the league, not this year, in recent years.

So a million times more aggressive is not accurate at all.

"His fire though, god if Lebron played like him" So Lebron doesn't have fire? RW has always played with an edge but to say Lebron doesn't have fire is again inaccurate. He can take the regular season lightly now as he has aged but come playoff time it's go time...

Miami Heat at Boston Celtics Box Score, June 7, 2012 | Basketball-Reference.com

2012 ECF Game 6

Lebron isn't lacking in any aspect of the game, other than maybe artistry.
He is top 10, likely top 5 all time at any position. Era wouldn't matter a bit, he'd be very dominant at any time in the game's history.
In a playoff I might still take him over any other active player, even Westbrook.

Last edited:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes to short to be the most gifted. Genetically hes playing above himself. His fire though, god if Lebron played like him? This guy is a million times more aggressive and is dropping trip dubs like no ones business. Hes going to pass AI in my book for his size at the very least. Also he couldnt shoot when he came into the league, hes really worked on it, again shows his work ethic.

Wrong, so wrong, lots and lots of wrong.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your statement makes no sense.

Then jump on it with substance, if you can't be big and STFU.
Here is a complete mind blower.
In 1962, the year Oscar averaged a triple the average NBA game had 126.2 possessions per team.
This season the average number of possessions per team is JUST 96.4....DAMN ? Westbrook is doing this with an average of 31% fewer chances per game...WOW.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1962, the year Oscar averaged a triple the average NBA game had 126.2 possessions per team.
This season the average number of possessions per team is JUST 96.4....DAMN ? Westbrook is doing this with an average of 31% fewer chances per game...WOW.

There's nothing to jump on. Your statement literally makes no sense. Can't argue against nonsense.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes to short to be the most gifted. Genetically hes playing above himself. His fire though, god if Lebron played like him? This guy is a million times more aggressive and is dropping trip dubs like no ones business. Hes going to pass AI in my book for his size at the very least. Also he couldnt shoot when he came into the league, hes really worked on it, again shows his work ethic.

Wrong, so wrong, lots and lots of wrong.

Well talk about Irony.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well talk about Irony.

Then make a real case, you clearly have nothing.
There was nothing ironical in my post, I made a huge point showing how much more impressive Westbrook's averaging a triple is than Oscars' at worst it's neutral when discussing how Oscar's game would translate to today's game. It seems to support my contention he'd average fewer points, fewer rebounds and fewer assist with 31% fewer possessions.
Please, show me something, anything, if you don't you can't.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to jump on. Your statement literally makes no sense. Can't argue against nonsense.

If my statement makes no sense it should be very easy to deconstruct, yet you can't seem to make even a dent in it.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then make a real case, you clearly have nothing.
There was nothing ironical in my post, I made a huge point showing how much more impressive Westbrook's averaging a triple is than Oscars' at worst it's neutral when discussing how Oscar's game would translate to today's game. It seems to support my contention he'd average fewer points, fewer rebounds and fewer assist with 31% fewer possessions.
Please, show me something, anything, if you don't you can't.
It was in reference in you simply saying the wrong thing lmao. Then the jump on it with substance to trojan just after, ughhh. This is why i dont have patience for debates anymore.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my statement makes no sense it should be very easy to deconstruct, yet you can't seem to make even a dent in it.

It is easy to deconstruct.

Saying he was a great passer, but not a great open court passer, makes no sense.

Deconstructed.

See how easy that was.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to deconstruct.

Saying he was a great passer, but not a great open court passer, makes no sense.

Deconstructed.

See how easy that was.

Bullshit. He was a half court player, you can't be very prolific in today's game with his lack of full court dominance.
I don't count your completely unsupported claim as substance.
Again, in Oscar's year averaging a triple teams had 31% more possessions than this season. Even IF he was as productive per possession he'd fall way short of his 1962 averages.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was in reference in you simply saying the wrong thing lmao. Then the jump on it with substance to trojan just after, ughhh. This is why i dont have patience for debates anymore.

Then stop fucking pretending you have anything.
I'm putting real substance into my post, you're just holding your breath and stamping your feet.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. He was a half court player, you can't be very prolific in today's game with his lack of full court dominance.
Again, in Oscar's year averaging a triple teams had 31% more possessions than this season. Even IF he was as productive per possession he'd fall way short of his 1962 averages.

The reason those early 60s teams could have more possessions while only playing offense and defense in the half court is they didn't press, the game was just to make a pass into half court and play that area. It allowed time for more possessions and kept players fresher.
This wasn't a case in the 1950s though, it was a snapshot of the game at the time Oscar put up those numbers. Westbrook has a much tougher route to his accomplishments.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit more research revealed this gem.
the 61/62 season had by far the highest average possessions per game than any other season in NBA history. That is the year Oscar had his triple double average. It shot straight up because the shot clock was introduced and teams hadn't adjusted to play the full court yet. MANY players had career seasons, not just Oscar. The chart shot nearly straight up in average possessions that season, then nearly straight down afterward as teams adjusted to the clock by playing full court defense.
While Oscar's season should have a huge asterisk, Westbrook's is 100% authentic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You provided nothing to back up your claim that he wasn't a great open court passer. You just made the statement (which is complete nonsense) and then started telling everyone who disagreed to back up their statements.

Just because his team may have played more of a half court style, doesn't mean they never ran fast breaks or that he wasn't a great open court passer.

The fact is, he was very good in all facets of the game and could play multiple styles. Additionally, more possessions generally equals a faster paced game. The slower you play, the fewer possessions because the ball is held onto longer and more of the shot clock is used on each possession.

So, it looks like your even wrong about him being a half court player.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You provided nothing to back up your claim that he wasn't a great open court passer. You just made the statement (which is complete nonsense) and then started telling everyone who disagreed to back up their statements.

Just because his team may have played more of a half court style, doesn't mean they never ran fast breaks or that he wasn't a great open court passer.

The fact is, he was very good in all facets of the game and could play multiple styles. Additionally, more possessions generally equals a faster paced game. The slower you play, the fewer possessions because the ball is held onto longer and more of the shot clock is used on each possession.

So, it looks like your even wrong about him being a half court player.

It's you're bot genius.
Also I showed conclusively how superior Westbrook's 2016/2017 season has been to Oscar's trumped up 61/62 season. Where stats can show I'm correct, I've shown it. The rest a wise person should deduct based on my being correct in every way provable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I showed conclusively how superior Westbrook's 2016/2017 season has been to Oscar's trumped up 61/62 season. Where stats can show I'm correct, I've shown it. The rest a wise person should deduct based on my being correct in every way provable.

No you didn't. You were wrong because you don't understand the basic concept that more possessions equals a faster paced game and therefore more open court opportunities.

And why is your screenname Furry Balls?

Nevermind...I don't want to know.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. You were wrong because you don't understand the basic concept that more possessions equals a faster paced game and therefore more open court opportunities.

And why is your screenname Furry Balls?

Nevermind...I don't want to know.

Can you read dumb ass ?
I explained how it worked plain enough for a child, but apparently not well enough for you to grasp.
If you walk yourself through it, maybe it will down on you how I have to be correct.

Seriously, if my last post from last night didn't do it, I doubt you're capable of learning.