• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron Most Overrated player EVER?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say this, however since I don't think I said it before. Congratulations to the Cavaliers for their first championship title and congratulations to all of their fans. It's something that every fan wants to see. As much as you guys love Lebron - the championship banner will mean more long after Lebron's memory has faded into the past. The good news is that Lebron does have an excellent chance of winning another title in the next two years. I doubt that any team will ever win more than one or two in a row again, but you never know

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a kick out of watching the 'don't compare Lebron to my precious Kobe' Lakers fans.

The difference is that most Lakers fans understand and acknowledge Kobe's shortcomings. The same can't be said about most Cavs fans and Lebroniacs when it comes to Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Lebron fan, but when somebody is better in virtually every statistical category than someone else, I choose not to ignore it.

Someone who puts too much emphasis on stats really doesn't have much more credibility than someone who ignores them.

Lebron is a better all around player than Kobe. Heck, as an all around player, he's better than MJ. However, he isn't the winner that either of them were because it's not as important to him as it was to them.

Lebron is better than both in most measurable categories. However, it's the "immeasurables" that make the ultimate difference. I will say though, that in the finals the Cavs just won, he finally showed an MJ/Kobe level desire to win.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who puts too much emphasis on stats really doesn't have much more credibility than someone who ignores them.

Lebron is a better all around player than Kobe. Heck, as an all around player, he's better than MJ. However, he isn't the winner that either of them were because it's not as important to him as it was to them.

Lebron is better than both in most measurable categories. However, it's the "immeasurables" that make the ultimate difference. I will say though, that in the finals the Cavs just won, he finally showed an MJ/Kobe level desire to win.
Lebron and Jordan are a lot closer statistically than Lebron and Kobe. Lebron is head and shoulders a better basketball player than Kobe, it's really not all that close. The numbers don't mean everything but they outweigh the immeasurables in a comparison between the two. If you don't find that credible, so be it. It's my opinion in the end.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Jordan are a lot closer statistically than Lebron and Kobe. Lebron is head and shoulders a better basketball player than Kobe, it's really not all that close. The numbers don't mean everything but they outweigh the immeasurables in a comparison between the two. If you don't find that credible, so be it. It's my opinion in the end.

Lebron 27ppg 7apg 7rpg

Kobe 25ppg 5apg 5rpg

MJ 30ppg 5apg 6rpg

Yeah, it's a huuuuge difference. :L

I'd say the immeasurables work just fine for Kobe too. If you remove Kobe's first 2-3 seasons when he didn't play as much because the Lakers were a veteran laden team and chose to bring him along more slowly, the numbers get really close between the 3.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron 27ppg 7apg 7rpg

Kobe 25ppg 5apg 5rpg

MJ 30ppg 5apg 6rpg

Yeah, it's a huuuuge difference. :L.

Wooh. The homer is strong in you. Lebron is literally better at everything than Kobe. Totals and percentages. In the regular season and in the playoffs. More pts, more rebounds, more assists, more steals, more blocks, higher FG %, 3pt %, FT %. I mean what are we actually talking about here? Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe was. Is your argument really that Kobe was better?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we're talking about one or two things here, it's literally everything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooh. The homer is strong in you. Lebron is literally better at everything than Kobe. Totals and percentages. In the regular season and in the playoffs. More pts, more rebounds, more assists, more steals, more blocks, higher FG %, 3pt %, FT %. I mean what are we actually talking about here? Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe was. Is your argument really that Kobe was better?

Wooh. The lack of comprehension is strong in you. I said that Lebron was better than both MJ and Kobe in pretty much every measurable. I said the difference was in the immeasurables. You just don't like the fact that the stats are closer than you tried to say they were.

I also said that Lebron was a better all around player than both MJ and Kobe, but that MJ and Kobe were better winners because Lebron hasn't the shown the desire to win that MJ and Kobe had.

I literally said:

Lebron is a better all around player than Kobe. Heck, as an all around player, he's better than MJ.

and followed it up with:

However, he isn't the winner that either of them were because it's not as important to him as it was to them.

Then I even complimented Lebron finally showing an MJ/Kobe level desire to win:

I will say though, that in the finals the Cavs just won, he finally showed an MJ/Kobe level desire to win.

Yet somehow, you came away from that thinking that I said Kobe was a better player. :L

Like I said, someone who relies entirely on stats is no more credible than someone who ignores them.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immeasurables like what? The fact that Kobe is a shitty teammate and other stars literally can't get away from him fast enough? Cause it seems like Lebron has players lining up to follow him to whatever city he chooses to go to.

And I said that the immeasurables don't make Kobe better than Lebron. Stats and immeasurables considered
Lebron>Kobe.

Oh, and...:L:L:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immeasurables like what? The fact that Kobe is a shitty teammate and other stars literally can't get away from him fast enough? Cause it seems like Lebron has players lining up to follow him to whatever city he chooses to go to.

And I said that the immeasurables don't make Kobe better than Lebron. Stats and immeasurables considered
Lebron>Kobe.

Kobe's winning mentality > Lebrons will to win individual accolades.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron>Kobe.

Already explained the difference. You are continuing to show your lack of comprehension. Best to quit while your behind.

And that "stars can't get away from him fast enough" is tired and played out. It has been proven false multiple times (including as recently as yesterday).

But please feel free to continue to embarrass yourself.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already explained the difference. You are continuing to show your lack of comprehension. Best to quit while your behind.

And that "stars can't get away from him fast enough" is tired and played out. It has been proven false multiple times (including as recently as yesterday).

But please feel free to continue to embarrass yourself.
You keep making every attempt to sound like the smartest guy in the room, but you just keep coming off stupid.

You keep talking about immeasurables, I've said multiple times that I'd take Lebron's talent and immeasurables over Kobe's talent and immeasurables, how much more clear do I have to make it? ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, i'd rather have Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep making every attempt to sound like the smartest guy in the room, but you just keep coming off stupid.

You keep talking about immeasurables, I've said multiple times that I'd take Lebron's talent and immeasurables over Kobe's talent and immeasurables, how much more clear do I have to make it? ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, i'd rather have Lebron.

Yeah, okay. I showed in #468 how wrong you were. Just admit it and move on. You clearly don't have the ability to comprehend what has been said. It shows in the fact that you keep arguing against things that weren't claimed.

But again, feel free to keep embarrassing yourself.

And I'll still take the guy with the most rings. As I said, I like winning though.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I comprehend everything you're saying homegirl. It's not enough to sway my opinion. What exactly am I arguing against that wasn't claimed? I noted your "immeasurables" argument and again, it's not enough.
Is there something you're not comprehending here?

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horry is also a winner, teammates reflect on winning not one player and in 7 season in Cleveland Lebron wasnt a winner bc he didnt have anything close to a sidekick, not Shaq or Pippen. Nothing.

A better basketball player is a better basketball player. Plain and simple.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is "immeasurables" a basketball term? It's klunky as hell. Try intangibles.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe never got to choose his own players and hand select them along with the coach of his choice either. LOL, remember how he predicted 7 championships in a row because he was so good at selecting his own team? How did that work out:lol:

Oh no!!! Kobe was forced to get stuck with Phil fucking Jackson and prime Shaq???? How awful.

How has Lebron choosing players and Spoelstra/Blatt/Lue (not sure he chose them) worked out? 6 finals trips, 3 Championships. More finals MVP's as the top dog for a championship team than Kobe.