• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron Most Overrated player EVER?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're issue is that the Lakers signed an unrestricted free agent who was free to go to any team he wanted and chose the Lakers?

I guess you think that the Cavs "buying" Lebron wasn't okay either then?
I don't have an issue at all however buying the best on the game to win 3 rings does not strengthen the argument for Kobe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue at all however buying the best on the game to win 3 rings does not strengthen the argument for Kobe.

It doesn't hurt it either. Championships are won by teams, not individuals. If a team has an all time great player like a Kobe or a Dan Marino and they don't do everything in their power and spend any money necessary to give to take advantage of that and try to win titles, they doing their fans and that player a disservice.

The Lakers spent the money and made the trades necessary to win titles...the Dolphins didn't. End result...5 rings for Kobe...zero for Dan.

When the Cavs had Lebron the first time, they didn't do whatever it took to get Lebron the talent he needed to win. So he went to Miami because they were willing to do what the Cavs weren't.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't hurt it either. Championships are won by teams, not individuals. If a team has an all time great player like a Kobe or a Dan Marino and they don't do everything in their power and spend any money necessary to give to take advantage of that and try to win titles, they doing their fans and that player a disservice.

The Lakers spent the money and made the trades necessary to win titles...the Dolphins didn't. End result...5 rings for Kobe...zero for Dan.

When the Cavs had Lebron the first time, they didn't do whatever it took to get Lebron the talent he needed to win. So he went to Miami because they were willing to do what the Cavs weren't.

I think that what the beard guy is saying is that what a franchise chooses to do with the team when they have an elite talent such as a Kobe or Lebron has little to do with the respective talent of the two players.

If I'm correct in that assumption, I agree with him.

You could use it to say that the Lakers with Kobe were a better franchise than the Cavs, but it has nothing to do with which is a better player.

Last edited:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of that. Even with the money spent now and in Miami LeBron has always been the best player on his team. The same cannot be said for Kobe.