• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Kyrie the new Kobe?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly something bad happened.

3 possibilities:

1) Girl lied because she wanted money
2) She consented to some acts, but not all and Kobe may have misunderstood
3) Kobe raped her

Straight sex doesn't go to civil court either. 2 of the 3 possibilities were Kobe's fault. It is more likely than not that he did something wrong.
Could be, but not always. You'd be surprised what someone motivated by the possibility of a monetary reward would say/do.

Anyway, clearly Kobe wasn't the only male invited to that party, yet we can guess he was the only one famous with lots of money.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a better shooter, better ball handler, finisher, leader, passer teammate. Kobe is a better rebounder naturally at the SG position and defender. When Kyrie tries he can lock down the best of them (see 2016 championship games).

Hmmmm...I think this opinion is subjective to say the least. It's hard to compare them based on stats because one is retired & the other isn't. For arguments sake, if we did compare their numbers they are pretty darn close, yet Kobe has played 965 more games than Kyrie. This makes a difference because stats are based on averages.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how good Kyrie would be if he at least played average defense? He does that and the Kobe/Kyrie comparisons gain a lot more legitimacy.
Agreed. Unless his offensive production takes a huge dump by giving a solid defensive effort night in and night out. My guess is Brad will try and find out.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She bragged about sleeping with Kobe at a party after the incident......a r*pe victim does that? GTFOH.
She actually made a rap about it & posted it on youtube. Some victim.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, btw, Mr "I followed the case" charges WERE brought. Dipshit.
Actually, no they weren't. She withdrew her complaint before they got that far...and then started a civil suit. My guess is she was told she had a better chance at winning money in a civil trial vs. winning a criminal trial.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no they weren't. She withdrew her complaint before they got that far...and then started a civil suit. My guess is she was told she had a better chance at winning money in a civil trial vs. winning a criminal trial.
a grand jury indicted him criminally.

she dismissed the civil suit and refused to testify in the criminal suit because kobe gave her tons of money.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

she dismissed the civil suit and refused to testify in the criminal suit because kobe gave her tons of money.

But douchebag711 said she didn't get any and it wasn't about money!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But douchebag711 said she didn't get any and it wasn't about money!!!!
think about it--- if you are this woman- what would you rather do?

go to civil and criminal court- and have Kobe's attorney air all your dirty laundry to the world---- or- take a huge settlement and go on your merry way.

I mean--

1. Kobe was indicted by a grand jury

2. Kobe paid a large settlement

3. Kobe issued a public apology where he took responsibility for his actions.

I mean- i think its pretty clear he bought his way out of a pretty thorny mess here.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

go to civil and criminal court- and have Kobe's attorney air all your dirty laundry to the world---- or- take a huge settlement and go on your merry way.

I mean--

I mean- i think its pretty clear he bought his way out of a pretty thorny mess here.

When you have as much $ as he does......it's easier to just break off a little $ so he can get on with his life. I don't think it necessarily means he was guilty. It got a lot of bad press for himself and the Lakers.....I think he just wanted to move on.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she ends up broke when she's in her late 40's or early 50's, she's a major dumb ass.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which was a win for them BOTH. A civil suit is easier to win because there is a lesser burden of proof. And if you're Kobe why would you go through that if you don't have to? Hence, he paid her which would've probably been the end result anyway. He was able to avoid the judgment this way though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean--

So, you understand & agree with this perspective (from her point of view), yet consistently say Kobe did what he could to make it go away because he was guilty rather than wanting to just be done with it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you understand & agree with this perspective (from her point of view), yet consistently say Kobe did what he could to make it go away because he was guilty rather than wanting to just be done with it.
oh i am sure both parties were both happy to pay/receive cash and move on.

but when you have already been indicted by a grand jury your ass is hanging out on the line. This wasnt just a civil suit Kobe was scared of--- it was having his life in the hands of 12 jurors if it went to trial.

A grand jury indictment is a formal, written charge issued by a grand jury in a criminal case. Typically, the jury is charged with determining whether enough evidence exists to charge a suspect with a criminal offense. The jury usually consists of 12 average people who are randomly selected. The use of a grand jury indictment is intended to ensure that a prosecutor brings a case to trial only if there is probable cause to support the crime was committed by a suspect.

this wasnt just the case of some money-grubbing slut if it went to and got passed a grand jury. The charges were real.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i am sure both parties were both happy to pay/receive cash and move on.

but when you have already been indicted by a grand jury your ass is hanging out on the line. This wasnt just a civil suit Kobe was scared of--- it was having his life in the hands of 12 jurors if it went to trial.

A grand jury indictment is a formal, written charge issued by a grand jury in a criminal case. Typically, the jury is charged with determining whether enough evidence exists to charge a suspect with a criminal offense. The jury usually consists of 12 average people who are randomly selected. The use of a grand jury indictment is intended to ensure that a prosecutor brings a case to trial only if there is probable cause to support the crime was committed by a suspect.

this wasnt just the case of some money-grubbing slut if it went to and got passed a grand jury. The charges were real.
I agree, it was his life on the line. When we consider it most likely was NOT going to be a jury of his peers most people understood exactly why he wanted to pay her & move on.

And it was absolutely about money-grabbing - because if it weren't then why didn't anyone else who was at that party face the same charges?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Unless his offensive production takes a huge dump by giving a solid defensive effort night in and night out. My guess is Brad will try and find out.

Yeah, I'd expect that Stevens will be working with him on his defense. Defense is a big part of why the Celtics are good. Hopefully he buys into that.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd expect that Stevens will be working with him on his defense. Defense is a big part of why the Celtics are good. Hopefully he buys into that.

Interesting that it looks like Cs will be quite a bit worse in the upcoming season. (Amir/Crowder/Bradley)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that it looks like Cs will be quite a bit worse in the upcoming season. (Amir/Crowder/Bradley)
there will be some growing pains there for sure--- but it was a deep roster and I think Stevens is a good coach.

The Celtics still have some solid assets left---- if they truly want to make a run at the Cavs they have to get another big man, another 3 pt shooter, and someone that can just slow down LeBron a little.

I love that the Cavs have Crowder who they can throw at Hayward- while the Celtics have no one but Hayward to throw at LeBron- unless you want 20 year old Brown or 19 year old Tatum guarding the king....that might not go well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the Kobe r*pe trial shit. If you guys want to debate it, go create a thread and quit hijacking this one.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao! This thread has become Kobe r@pe thread instead of Kyrie being the next Kobe :pound: