• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dwayne Wade Done in Miami?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot our best player, Whiteside.
When I visited Ohio earlier this year I caught a Cavs game vs. the Heat (one where wade went down). I remember my father and me being very impressed with Whiteside. The old man said he is going to be a special player. He's a star in the making, great player and seems down to earth as well.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Dragic here in Phx, not a fan of his attitude but he can play

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could work quite well actually!

Yep...I think he has to back up Butler in CHI...regardless of where he goes, I really think if DWade wants to chase another title, he's going to have to come down off his salary demands at this stage, but ATL has the cap space to pay him a nice sum and keep Carroll and Milsap.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the IFs! We're discussing the stats of a guy who got passed up by multiple talented GMs and happened to have ONE good season with his 5th professional basketball team in three years, not including stints with 4 different D-League teams. Don't go pretending you've got the best big man in the East now!

As for the stats? He had some decent numbers but there's absolutely no guarantee an increase in playing time means an increase in productivity.

Forget the "IF'S" and the past. We've seen with our own eyes how he can dominate.
Funny, real NBA visual means nothing to you, but you discuss players in the draft?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the "IF'S" and the past. We've seen with our own eyes how he can dominate.
Funny, real NBA visual means nothing to you, but you discuss players in the draft?

Dominate?!? Christ, I mean I know there are some homers here on this board but this tops it all.

A year ago nobody even heard of him and now he's "dominating"?

Well done, you've found the new Shaq. Maybe he can get you not one, not two, not three...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominate?!? Christ, I mean I know there are some homers here on this board but this tops it all.

Well done, you've found the new Shaq. Maybe he can get you not one, not two, not three...

I'll go with Cousy's opinion plus my eyes over yours, sorry.

“I have never said this in the 40 years since I retired,” Cousy said in a recent telephone interview, “but he is the first big guy, not (Patrick) Ewing, (Hakeem) Olajuwon, Shaq (O’Neal), who reminds me defensively and on the boards of Russell. He runs the floor well, he has excellent timing, he blocks shots and keeps them in play the way Russell did.”

“That’s a great honor,” Whiteside said before the Celtics hosted Miami Wednesday. “Everybody knows that Bill Russell is probably one of the best shot blockers that ever lived. That’s really a big honor that he thinks of me that way.”

You better take a look at his advanced projected stats.
Many of the numbers are domination.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Cousy's opinion plus my eyes over yours, sorry.

“I have never said this in the 40 years since I retired,” Cousy said in a recent telephone interview, “but he is the first big guy, not (Patrick) Ewing, (Hakeem) Olajuwon, Shaq (O’Neal), who reminds me defensively and on the boards of Russell. He runs the floor well, he has excellent timing, he blocks shots and keeps them in play the way Russell did.”

“That’s a great honor,” Whiteside said before the Celtics hosted Miami Wednesday. “Everybody knows that Bill Russell is probably one of the best shot blockers that ever lived. That’s really a big honor that he thinks of me that way.”

You better take a look at his advanced projected stats.
Many of the numbers are domination.

*Whiteside starts 20 games the rest of his career* :laugh3:

Like I said he has a small sample size, let it play out. He started like 30 games. Not even half of a season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Whiteside starts 20 games the rest of his career* :laugh3:

Like I said he has a small sample size, let it play out. He started like 30 games. Not even half of a season

Cousy is the one comparing him to all time greats, not me.
I said all star material .. Big difference

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In before @HammerDown says Hassan Whiteside > Bill Russell

:hammer:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the IFs! We're discussing the stats of a guy who got passed up by multiple talented GMs and happened to have ONE good season with his 5th professional basketball team in three years, not including stints with 4 different D-League teams. Don't go pretending you've got the best big man in the East now!

As for the stats? He had some decent numbers but there's absolutely no guarantee an increase in playing time means an increase in productivity.
Avatar bet? If Hasaan Whiteside is not an all-star next season, I will use whatever avatar you give me until the finals are over. If he is, you use mine. Deal?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if the Heat want to add a max player next offseason, sign Whiteside and and Dragic, the only way they can accomplish it would be to renounce the rights on Wade I think because they would need to stay under the cap to do all that. Either that or they would have to clear their entire roster and only have a couple exception contracts and a few rookie deals making up their entire bench.

Miami is just not going to be an attractive option to anyone IMO. Dragic and Bosh are already both past their prime and there isn't anything else there that is all that attractive. It really would have to be beach life in a tax haven that draws the FA to Miami....because the on the court options are going to be infinitely better in 4 or 5 other locations.

What are you talking about? Dragic's 29, that's hardly past your prime as an NBA player. Bosh is 32, but his game doesn't rely on overall athleticism and ages fine. You'd be surprised how nice playing in Miami is without having to pay a state income tax. Btw, I remember having conversations like this 5 years ago. Seems like de ja vu.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Wade and the Heat are in a very similar position to the one that the Lakers and Kobe were at 2 years ago when they agreed to Kobe's current contract.

D-Wade IS the Heat, just like Kobe IS the Lakers. Without D-Wade, there is no Lebron and Bosh in Miami, there is no 2006 title, there is no 4 straight trips to the finals and 2 championships. Also, just like Kobe, he makes the Heat A LOT of money just by being on the roster.

So, do they pay him based on what he has meant to the franchise and the revenue he continues to bring to them by being on the roster? Or do they pay him based on his current actual value on the court?

The Lakers chose to pay Kobe based on what he has meant to the franchise, but they were in a different position than the Heat are in. Once the Dwight/Nash deal blew up, they knew they were looking at a couple rough seasons and Kobe would be the reason people would still watch games.

The Heat are in a position where they could challenge for the ECF next year.

Someone gets it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avatar bet? If Hasaan Whiteside is not an all-star next season, I will use whatever avatar you give me until the finals are over. If he is, you use mine. Deal?

What if he gets hurt?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he gets hurt?

If he is an all-star I win... if he's not, I lose. That simple. If he blows knee game 3.. I will be rocking a nice new avatar.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like D-Wade, but if he doesn't opt in, he's an idiot. I doubt he's getting more than that from anyone else.

It's going to come down to what he wants more. He'd be an absolute fool not to take the money, stay in Miami his entire career and play with Winslow. I think he will but you know him and Bronbron's phones are about to melt today.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thank you....thank you so much for this

apparently "dominating" is playing half the season for an East lotto team after basically being black-balled from the league for a term of years.

I would not trade Tristan Thompson for Whiteside. Would not even entertain the thought for a second. Whiteside carries WAY too much uncertainty with him and a whole lot of baggage and he has shown that he is still not passed his attitude issues.

Honestly- i was SHOCKED this guy displayed the behavior problems he did last year. You would think a guy would know when to stand straight and shutup after being given another chance- but he proved he hasn't learned.

I could not even imagine how this guy would act if he actually had a big contract and a ton of money. Its a potential disaster.