• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dwayne Wade Done in Miami?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still sign JR and Delly. Get a MLE guy for backup point. Then hopefully something in this Haywood trade to backup the 3. They would have all facets covered then.

You'll pretty much be rolling out the exact same lineup that failed in the Finals. I'm watching that Haywood situation closely as I just don't see many teams giving up anything of quality just for an expiring deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll pretty much be rolling out the exact same lineup that failed in the Finals. I'm watching that Haywood situation closely as I just don't see many teams giving up anything of quality just for an expiring deal.

yah...same lineup that fialed in the Finals...ya know...besides Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao- and whoever they get for the Haywood contract...I mean besides those guys its practically the same exact lineup...what are the CAvs thinking? LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L
Yeah...ok

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...same lineup that fialed in the Finals...ya know...besides Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao- and whoever they get for the Haywood contract...I mean besides those guys its practically the same exact lineup...what are the CAvs thinking? LOL

I have a good feeling about Mo. So that improves the bench that much more, plus gives Kyrie good rest, especially if they get Delly. 3 deep on the point.

The only issues is behind Lebron. So I assume they are trying to get the best possible option they can behind him. That would be the only weak spot especially if they signed JR.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling about Mo. So that improves the bench that much more, plus gives Kyrie good rest, especially if they get Delly. 3 deep on the point.

The only issues is behind Lebron. So I assume they are trying to get the best possible option they can behind him. That would be the only weak spot especially if they signed JR.
that would be awesome to get Mo.

guy shot the freaking lights out last time he was here with LeBron. Over 42% from 3 BOTH years here. Thats Kyle Korver-esque. Mo would be the PERFECt guard to bring off the bench. All they would need then is to find that last wing player- whether its possibly Smith- or someone else through trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be awesome to get Mo.

guy shot the freaking lights out last time he was here with LeBron. Over 42% from 3 BOTH years here. Thats Kyle Korver-esque. Mo would be the PERFECt guard to bring off the bench. All they would need then is to find that last wing player- whether its possibly Smith- or someone else through trade.

They could actually get Smith and a wing player.

So they would go legitimately 11 deep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Haywood contract is not just an expiring deal- its non-guaranteed. It basically carves out 10M in IMMEDIATE cap space to a team that trades for it.

If some team is recruiting an Aldridge or Mathews or Rondo or whoever- and they are lacking the cap space to give that guy all the money they want- the Haywood contract is the exact thing that will get it done.

For instance- the Raptors- want Wes Mathews. They obviously value him highly. They dont have the cap room. They could trade for Haywood- and immediately cut him- and the players they get rid of that have guaranteed contracts are off their cap.

The Haywood contract is only as valuable as a team is willing to pay for it- obviously- but if a team gets i na situation where they can get a big time talent- they will pony up in order to make that happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are waiting for the big-time free agents to go, so they can work on the middle-tier free agents. I think it will be some time before the Cavs get a deal done. Most likely one of these teams is going to trash a couple guys bc they want to get a middle-tier guy. This will most likely be after DeAndre and Aldridge go.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Haywood contract is not just an expiring deal- its non-guaranteed. It basically carves out 10M in IMMEDIATE cap space to a team that trades for it.

If some team is recruiting an Aldridge or Mathews or Rondo or whoever- and they are lacking the cap space to give that guy all the money they want- the Haywood contract is the exact thing that will get it done.

For instance- the Raptors- want Wes Mathews. They obviously value him highly. They dont have the cap room. They could trade for Haywood- and immediately cut him- and the players they get rid of that have guaranteed contracts are off their cap.

The Haywood contract is only as valuable as a team is willing to pay for it- obviously- but if a team gets i na situation where they can get a big time talent- they will pony up in order to make that happen.

I think the main 2 teams that are vying for LA already created the cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main 2 teams that are vying for LA already created the cap space.
Houston and Toronto are the two teams that I think give the Cavs the best chance to make a good Haywood deal. Obviously the Kings already executed their cost cutting move.......part of me thinks the Lakers should have done that deal- taken the contracts of Thompson and Landry---- and got a couple first rounders and Stauskas out of it ...i mean if they arent gonna spend it- thats the precise kind of deals the THunder and Cavs pulled off during their rebuilding years

and really Thompson, Landry wouldnt be so bad for 2 years at about 6.5 each a year.....and getting Stauskas would have been a nice pickup for the Lakers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston and Toronto are the two teams that I think give the Cavs the best chance to make a good Haywood deal. Obviously the Kings already executed their cost cutting move.......part of me thinks the Lakers should have done that deal- taken the contracts of Thompson and Landry---- and got a couple first rounders and Stauskas out of it ...i mean if they arent gonna spend it- thats the precise kind of deals the THunder and Cavs pulled off during their rebuilding years

and really Thompson, Landry wouldnt be so bad for 2 years at about 6.5 each a year.....and getting Stauskas would have been a nice pickup for the Lakers.

Fair enough.
I honestly haven't put any thought into except for the Bird/Chalmers thing, but the Cavs don't need Bird so they prob will find another partner.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Wade re-signed. We can close this thread now.