• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree he had a piss poor supporting cast. Wont deny that. But we all knew Wentz well in 2019 because we were dealing with the other crazy Eagle fan Phoenix Eagle. We diagnosed Wentz ever week. He was lucky to play NFC East teams the final four weeks. Or he would have been under .500. We pointed out all the things he was regressing from. PE1 never wanted to see it (much like you) & in 2020, everything we were pointing & saying became evident. Even to your own team. Dont confuse physical tools with quality player. He deserves to be ranked in the 20's. Sorry!
His biggest problem is being weak minded. As a QB that is huge.

He wasn't regressing in 2019.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just isn't true. Last season doesn't define him. At least not yet and it certainly doesn't look like that is the case after week 1 when he played reasonably well.

He has shown his potential in the NFL. He was in an awful situation also year and he mentally collapsed and there were all sorts of issues around him as well. No chance he could resurrect his career remaining in Philly and he ended up at the best place possible for him.
Interesting observation. I wonder when you compare the 2 are you using Baker's season with arguably the worst coach ever against him?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting observation. I wonder when you compare the 2 are you using Baker's season with arguably the worst coach ever against him?

Bakers best season doesn't even top Wentz's best 3 seasons. And that is when Baker was in a loaded offense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakers best season doesn't even top Wentz's best 3 seasons. And that is when Baker was in a loaded offense.
Loaded offense, eh? was missing his #1 WR last year. The guy elevated to the #2 WR barely played week 1 this year. The #3 WR last year is gone and caught no passes week 1. The #4 WR was a 6th round rookie.

Yes, he has really good backs and a solid O-line but guess what.....2 starters on his O-line were out in the playoff game AND their backups were out too. One lineman he had to introduce himself to when he came on the field after the injury. OL coach AND assistant also out as well as the coach.

Recipe for disaster for the O, right? Probably should have been....but they moved up and down the field in the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly which season did Mayfield have a loaded offense, last year when Chubb & OBJ didn't play all 16 games due to injuries?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is cute that you are trying to consider Wentz the better Qb than Baker right now.
99% of GMs or coaches would rather have Baker than Wentz. & I say 99% because there is always Hue Jackson out there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is cute that you are trying to consider Wentz the better Qb than Baker right now.
99% of GMs or coaches would rather have Baker than Wentz. & I say 99% because there is always Hue Jackson out there.

One thing RTK won't acknowledge is how injury prone CW is. Only twice in five seasons has he played all 16 games.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing RTK won't acknowledge is how injury prone CW is. Only twice in five seasons has he played all 16 games.

He has only missed games due to injury in 2 of his 5 seasons.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it wasn't injuries, so it's just invalid to claim he missed games in 3 seasons due to injuries.
I can give you that one.
2 full season
2 seasons shortened by Injury
1 season shortened by sucking.

Everything you expect from a QB ranked 20+
Well there it is.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can give you that one.
2 full season
2 seasons shortened by Injury
1 season shortened by sucking.

Everything you expect from a QB ranked 20+
View attachment 280269

He would only be 20+ ranked if he plays like he did last season. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Week 1 he went 65.8%, 251 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT & a 102.0 QB rating. This was his without a LT and in his first game on a new team. Looks like Wentz prior to 2020. If he holds this up over the course of the season then the 15 rank I have for him will look low.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would only be 20+ ranked if he plays like he did last season. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Week 1 he went 65.8%, 251 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT & a 102.0 QB rating. This was his without a LT and in his first game on a new team. Looks like Wentz prior to 2020. If he holds this up over the course of the season then the 15 rank I have for him will look low.
& his complementary fumble. Dont forget that Stat. A common Stat for this QB.
I guess my question to you. If you are capable of being honest with yourself. (& us) Is.
You have a connection with this QB so you are looking at him & giving benefit of doubts due roster & past potential.
These other Qbs ranked say in the 2nd half or bottom half of the rankings. Are you taking into account the same things. Hey this QB plays on a shitty team or this QB has potential so I rank him higher or whatever. because I have a feeling if you graded some of those guys on the same curve you do with Wentz. Wentz would still fall down your personal rankings.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Wentz last Sunday, he was pressured a lot by Seattle's front due to poor line play and Fisher being out. However, he did muff the snap and lose the ball on a 4th & 1. He actually played fairly good. The sacks weren't on him like they usually are but he only threw the ball downfield once. Most of his passes were checkdowns to the RBs.
Having said that, we will see if Reich can fix him this season. As of right now, Wentz would not be in my top 20. He may prove me wrong but he has to prove it. Rankings like this can't be just about arm talent or strength. Or any one thing.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& his complementary fumble. Dont forget that Stat. A common Stat for this QB.
I guess my question to you. If you are capable of being honest with yourself. (& us) Is.
You have a connection with this QB so you are looking at him & giving benefit of doubts due roster & past potential.
These other Qbs ranked say in the 2nd half or bottom half of the rankings. Are you taking into account the same things. Hey this QB plays on a shitty team or this QB has potential so I rank him higher or whatever. because I have a feeling if you graded some of those guys on the same curve you do with Wentz. Wentz would still fall down your personal rankings.

He's playing without a LT.

What other QBS are you talking about? What are you even referring to?

We have seen Wentz be great with a great team (2017) and we have seen him be great with a bad team (2019). He has only had one bad season and that was 2020 and I'm not blaming that on him being on a bad team. It was a mess around him especially with the offensive line but he was brutally bad. It had got to the point of being toxic in Philadelphia. Pederson - Roseman - Wentz all at ends with each other. Wentz had a mental collapse and played like complete dogshit. He could very well not bounce back from that and just be dogshit from here on out. But he ended up in the best possible place for him to go to be with Frank Reich and if week 1 is any indication, he is on his way to back to being the player that he was. He's only 28. Colts got their franchise QB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing without a LT.

What other QBS are you talking about? What are you even referring to?

We have seen Wentz be great with a great team (2017) and we have seen him be great with a bad team (2019). He has only had one bad season and that was 2020 and I'm not blaming that on him being on a bad team. It was a mess around him especially with the offensive line but he was brutally bad. It had got to the point of being toxic in Philadelphia. Pederson - Roseman - Wentz all at ends with each other. Wentz had a mental collapse and played like complete dogshit. He could very well not bounce back from that and just be dogshit from here on out. But he ended up in the best possible place for him to go to be with Frank Reich and if week 1 is any indication, he is on his way to back to being the player that he was. He's only 28. Colts got their franchise QB.
well I am not gonna agree with everything you just said, but this is my point.
With these other QBs you taking all the shit you just spewed to be in favor of Wentz, for them?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I am not gonna agree with everything you just said, but this is my point.
With these other QBs you taking all the shit you just spewed to be in favor of Wentz, for them?

Who? Who are you referring to? Can you be more specific as to who you are referring to and what your argument is for them to be over Wentz at 15?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? Who are you referring to? Can you be more specific as to who you are referring to and what your argument is for them to be over Wentz at 15?
Right now. No one specific. Also dont have your list in front of me. but I guarantee you QBs in the 2nd half of your list is dealing with a lot more problems from their team than Wentz. So if you are taking these things into consideration to move Wentz up say 5 or so spots. Well I can only think if you were being fair to the others & treat them like you do wentz. They would move up the rankings as well.

Long story short. Even if you have a decent list. Your bias for Wentz is showing. Your stubbornness against points made to you is proof.
& what dragged me into this particular conversation
Baker>Wentz & not even close.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now. No one specific. Also dont have your list in front of me. but I guarantee you QBs in the 2nd half of your list is dealing with a lot more problems from their team than Wentz. So if you are taking these things into consideration to move Wentz up say 5 or so spots. Well I can only think if you were being fair to the others & treat them like you do wentz. They would move up the rankings as well.

Long story short. Even if you have a decent list. Your bias for Wentz is showing. Your stubbornness against points made to you is proof.
& what dragged me into this particular conversation
Baker>Wentz & not even close.

I can't argue with you on hypotheticals if you don't even have anyone in specific you are talking about. You're posting from the standpoint of an agenda other than an established opinion based on the results of the list.

Baker is not better than Wentz and this season will show that. Bakers has by far a better team that he plays on but as far as individual success at the QB position Wentz will outperform Baker this season.