• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The term, dysfunctional, probably gets thrown around too much. That team led by him was dysfunctional. So great to have adults in charge again who don't care who gets credit or blame.

I know you remembered end of half against Seattle. Instead of just owning he made a mistake in how he handled it, Freddie would find random examples to justify to reporters that what he did works. What kind of coach does that?

Mentioning that Seattle game is a perfect example of Freddie's inability to be a good coach. Coaching makes a tremendous difference. Yet some wanna put everything on Mayfield. Which makes no sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioning that Seattle game is a perfect example of Freddie's inability to be a good coach. Coaching makes a tremendous difference. Yet some wanna put everything on Mayfield. Which makes no sense.
I mean, some of the mistakes he made were, of course, on him....but doesn't help when the coach ignores the concepts that work because he doesn't care what the analytics team tells him. Probably not coincidence he was near the top of RZ production as a rookie, awful with Freddie, then near the top again last season. Also started out 4-4 this season scoring TDs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, some of the mistakes he made were, of course, on him....but doesn't help when the coach ignores the concepts that work because he doesn't care what the analytics team tells him. Probably not coincidence he was near the top of RZ production as a rookie, awful with Freddie, then near the top again last season. Also started out 4-4 this season scoring TDs.

For anyone that wants to put everything on Mayfield they need to look his stats up and see the difference from 2019 to 2020. Competent coaching makes all the difference.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a breakdown of CW's career so far. Gotta start by saying he had a damn good 2017.

-he's only won double digit games in a season once ('17)

-he's only has two above .500 seasons ('17 & '19 went 9-7)

-for his career he's two games above .500

-he led the league in int's in '20

-he's thrown for 4,000 yards once in his career ('19)

-and he has as many playoff wins as Andy Dalton

He's a good QB. But he's nowhere near elite. Money Mahomes, AR12, Wilson- those QB's are elite. And CW isn't in their class.

I don't really understand what you're going off about and are trying to argue. For the second time, I'm not saying Carson Wentz is elite right now. I have him as the 15th ranked QB in the league.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand what you're going off about and are trying to argue. For the second time, I'm not saying Carson Wentz is elite right now. I have him as the 15th ranked QB in the league.

So in your bizarro world mentioning some of his actual stats is arguing? Obviously you have an issue with reality then.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your bizarro world mentioning some of his actual stats is arguing? Obviously you have an issue with reality then.

For what purpose are you mentioning them though? You're quoting me arguing why Carson Wentz is not elite and I am repeatedly telling you that I do not have him listed as an elite QB. I have him ranked as the 15th best QB in the league.

It's like you're arguing with a green light on why it won't let you go at an intersection.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what purpose are you mentioning them though? You're quoting me arguing why Carson Wentz is not elite and I am repeatedly telling you that I do not have him listed as an elite QB. I have him ranked as the 15th best QB in the league.

It's like you're arguing with a green light on why it won't let you go at an intersection.

I'm not arguing about anything. Odd you think that I am.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing about anything. Odd you think that I am.

It's not that odd, you have quoted my posts several times and in those quoted posts list your arguments for why Wentz is not elite.

Do you have dementia?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that odd, you have quoted my posts several times and in those quoted posts list your arguments for why Wentz is not elite.

Do you have dementia?

Seriously how slow are you? I'm fucking with you. And the fact you need an explanation makes things even funnier.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have just one good year though. He had 1 year where he was the beat QB in the league followed by two really good years.
How was he the best in the league? Did he throw the most tds, yards, ratings, win %???? What am I missing?

Last edited:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the best in the league? Did he throw the most tds, yards, ratings, win %???? What am I missing?

Yeah, he did have the best win percentage. 11-2 as a starter. Was leading the league on TDs at 33 at the time of his injury. Was widely seen as the front runner for MVP before he tore his ACL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wentz is elite right now. I have him as the 15th best QB in the league.
lets be real. Wentz ranking deserves to start with a 2 in front of it. (as in like 20+)

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be real. Wentz ranking deserves to start with a 2 in front of it. (as in like 20+)

That just isn't true. Last season doesn't define him. At least not yet and it certainly doesn't look like that is the case after week 1 when he played reasonably well.

He has shown his potential in the NFL. He was in an awful situation also year and he mentally collapsed and there were all sorts of issues around him as well. No chance he could resurrect his career remaining in Philly and he ended up at the best place possible for him.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just isn't true. Last season doesn't define him. At least not yet and it certainly doesn't look like that is the case after week 1 when he played reasonably well.

He has shown his potential in the NFL. He was in an awful situation also year and he mentally collapsed and there were all sorts of issues around him as well. No chance he could resurrect his career remaining in Philly and he ended up at the best place possible for him.
Since he was surrounded by a championship caliber with exception depth. All he has done is regress. Worse yet. had horrible pocket presence. Which helped cause a ton of his fumbles. Then add he was awful, mentally weak with all sorts of issues. Yes. He should be rated in the 20's until proven otherwise. To me this is taking into account a possible rebound. He played like he was closer to 30's than 20 last year so ranking him 20 is giving him benefit of the doubt. I like the Colts are built right now. So in a way I am hoping he gets to at least avg/ above avg QB. but I am not gonna BS myself because he had a great year several years ago while surrounded by a championship caliber team. Many of these QBs you have him ranked above. Play with shit situations. He is in a good situation right now.

Yep after careful consideration. He is definitely deserving of being ranked in the 20's!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he was surrounded by a championship caliber with exception depth. All he has done is regress. Worse yet. had horrible pocket presence. Which helped cause a ton of his fumbles. Then add he was awful, mentally weak with all sorts of issues. Yes. He should be rated in the 20's until proven otherwise. To me this is taking into account a possible rebound. He played like he was closer to 30's than 20 last year so ranking him 20 is giving him benefit of the doubt. I like the Colts are built right now. So in a way I am hoping he gets to at least avg/ above avg QB. but I am not gonna BS myself because he had a great year several years ago while surrounded by a championship caliber team. Many of these QBs you have him ranked above. Play with shit situations. He is in a good situation right now.

Yep after careful consideration. He is definitely deserving of being ranked in the 20's!

What? He had a great roster around him in 2017 but that was it really. 2019 he dragged that team to the NFC East division title playing with practice squad players after Agholor and JJAW were dropping every thing all season.

20 is just ridiculous. Look at the people below him in my rankings.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He had a great roster around him in 2017 but that was it really. 2019 he dragged that team to the NFC East division title playing with practice squad players after Agholor and JJAW were dropping every thing all season.

20 is just ridiculous. Look at the people below him in my rankings.
wait? you think he had a great 2019 season?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait? you think he had a great 2019 season?

Absolutely. 63.9%, 4,039 yards (first and only time an Eagles QB has thrown 4k+ yards in a season), 27 TD passes, 7 INT.

This was with an absolutely putrid injury filled surrounding cast. He had Nelson Agholor and JJAW dropping game winning or game tying TD passes. It was just trash around him. Eventually he gets some practice squad players and he just takes the Eagles on a run to the playoffs from there with practice squad players.

The Eagles absolutely win that wild card game against Seattle too if that dirty ass Clowney doesn't intentionally spear Wentz in the head when he was already on the ground to concuss him.

He had a really good year even with all the low talent around him. Imagine if he actually had DeSean for the entire season instead of only week 1?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. 63.9%, 4,039 yards (first and only time an Eagles QB has thrown 4k+ yards in a season), 27 TD passes, 7 INT because he held the ball to long & fumbled it 16 times!

This was with an absolutely putrid injury filled surrounding cast. He had Nelson Agholor and JJAW dropping game winning or game tying TD passes. It was just trash around him. Eventually he gets some practice squad players and he just takes the Eagles on a run to the playoffs from there with practice squad players.

The Eagles absolutely win that wild card game against Seattle too if that dirty ass Clowney doesn't intentionally spear Wentz in the head when he was already on the ground to concuss him.
ok. Well at least now I can know without a doubt. I dont have to continue this conversation with you.
he continued to regress until he is the shell of a player you seen in 2020. but somehow. you want to give him rankings due to what he had done in 2017 & ignore last year. :thumb:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2019? No. He had no talent around him after the 1st game. Late in the season he was playing with practice squad players and had that offense humming as the Eagles finished the year 4-0 to win the division.

The second Redskins game week 15 shows Wentz playing at the peak of his powers.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2019? No. He had no talent around him after the 1st game. Late in the season he was playing with practice squad players and had that offense humming as the Eagles finished the year 4-0 to win the division.

The second Redskins game week 15 shows Wentz playing at the peak of his powers.

I dont disagree he had a piss poor supporting cast. Wont deny that. But we all knew Wentz well in 2019 because we were dealing with the other crazy Eagle fan Phoenix Eagle. We diagnosed Wentz ever week. He was lucky to play NFC East teams the final four weeks. Or he would have been under .500. We pointed out all the things he was regressing from. PE1 never wanted to see it (much like you) & in 2020, everything we were pointing & saying became evident. Even to your own team. Dont confuse physical tools with quality player. He deserves to be ranked in the 20's. Sorry!
His biggest problem is being weak minded. As a QB that is huge.