• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker has never thrown a touchdown late in a tied game, he has 3 game winning drives the last two seasons. Of course he is at his best when leading. He has only threw 1 TD in 3rd and long situation, and 8 interceptions. So his biggest problem is he a gambler and sometimes forces something even if it isn't there. He should improve in that area with more experience. Right now he is around 10-15th best quarterback in the NFL.

Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Lamar, Allen, Dak, Murray, Stafford, Herbert, next range
do his late TDs against the Jets, Cinci, Bmore, Oakland, TB, Denver and Buffalo not count because we were losing and not tied?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But seems many are overlooking he's had a 5-6 or so comebacks he has led. More if you include the ones where he did his job but the D did not hold the lead (Bmore, TB and Oakland).
Oh yeah, at times he has been very good. Just has to eliminate the mistakes and be consistently good in those times. Like I said before, I'd take him over Wentz and Cousins any day of the week.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, at times he has been very good. Just has to eliminate the mistakes and be consistently good in those times. Like I said before, I'd take him over Wentz and Cousins any day of the week.
from someone who has seen all his games it seems like he comes through in these situations more often than when he doesn't. I can think of another late game INT as a rookie in Bmore (in a game we didn't need). Didn't come through vs. NYJ last year when we were missing our top 4-5 WRs and a fill in dropped one at the 2. Probably another time he didn't come through but does not come to mind. Maybe LV last year (in a hurricane)?

But, sure, needs to get better if he wants to make it into the top 5/elite discussion.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you are ignoring his #1 WR has not played and his #2-4 WRs last year were Higgins, Hodge and a 6th round rookie. Also won a playoff game without 2 starting lineman AND their backups.

Jarvis Landry just not on the team anymore?

Baker isn't great. But hey talk yourself into it because if the Browns give him a massive contract it will make their recent ascend to a contending team a very short lived one. Browns have k e of the most talented teams in the league and they can get from a journeyman QB what they get from Baker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry just not on the team anymore?

Baker isn't great. But hey talk yourself into it because if the Browns give him a massive contract it will make their recent ascend to a contending team a very short lived one. Browns have k e of the most talented teams in the league and they can get from a journeyman QB what they get from Baker.
Landry is on the team. A really good #2 guy, but had to be the #1. Thanks for asking.

I think what is most comical here is you are sure Wentz is better, your team gave him a huge deal and their ascent into a top team was, in fact, short lived and you won a title without him. Sure, would love to win a title with Keenum, though.

Look you don't like Baker and that's cool. No reason to come up with baseless opinions to support your disdain.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry is on the team. A really good #2 guy, but had to be the #1. Thanks for asking.

I think what is most comical here is you are sure Wentz is better, your team gave him a huge deal and their ascent into a top team was, in fact, short lived and you won a title without him. Sure, would love to win a title with Keenum, though.

Look you don't like Baker and that's cool. No reason to come up with baseless opinions to support your disdain.

Wentz is without question better than Baker. As my rankings show, Baker is in the range of 15-20 in the league.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is without question better than Baker. As my rankings show, Baker is in the range of 15-20 in the league.
Don't start Wentz over Baker this week or you are the 1%

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

110616_wentz-bench_1200.jpg

#brittlebitch

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't start Wentz over Baker this week or you are the 1%

Browns are playing one of the worst teams in the league with a terrible defense and Colts are playing one of the best teams in the league with a pretty good defense.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are playing one of the worst teams in the league with a terrible defense and Colts are playing one of the best teams in the league with a pretty good defense.
No I understand that, I pulled up about 15 rankings and they all had Baker ahead of Carson. Good for you is Hurts will be better for your Eagles. I wish Wentz was healthy for the SB. instead Pats got robbed because Foles played

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I understand that, I pulled up about 15 rankings and they all had Baker ahead of Carson. Good for you is Hurts will be better for your Eagles. I wish Wentz was healthy for the SB. instead Pats got robbed because Foles played

Wentz was the best QB in the league that season. Your defense was complete ass that year too. Didn't get any pressure all game. Got lit up by Blake Bortles the week before.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was the best QB in the league that season. Your defense was complete ass that year too. Didn't get any pressure all game. Got lit up by Blake Bortles the week before.
What league CFL? Sure they were ass, that even though Brady threw for 500 yards in SB, they still lost. Wentz is a gimp and he wouldn't have been able to pull of the Philly Special

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What league CFL? Sure they were ass, that even though Brady threw for 500 yards in SB, they still lost. Wentz is a gimp and he wouldn't have been able to pull of the Philly Special

Not even sure why this is worth going further with you if you are going to make idiotic statements about Wentz being bad in 2017.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do his late TDs against the Jets, Cinci, Bmore, Oakland, TB, Denver and Buffalo not count because we were losing and not tied?
They count, my analysis stays the same. He is a gambler who makes more vad plays than good but should get better with more experience and more studying