• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mayfield is a bit better than Hurts overall, but it would be a divisive QB controversy for the Eagles because of the difference in their offensive styles and needs. They'd need a strong HC with a clear view of who was #1 and who was #2.

...but if the price is right then take a chance and make a move.
The Eagles also have Minshew.....I doubt Philly makes a move for Mayfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on the solutions to Mayfield working out while with the Browns:

One strategy would be for Mayfield to work out at the Browns facility, but mostly on his own and not alongside Deshaun Watson and Jacoby Brissett.

Another option would be for Mayfield to continue to work out and rehab away from the Browns facility,

Of course, everyone is hoping it doesn’t come to that, and it’s highly unlikely Mayfield will take another snap for the Browns.

Sure sounds like a uncomfortable and awkward situation.
Some other nuggets in this article:

The Charlotte Observer reported this week that trade talks between the Browns and Panthers during draft weekend fell through because the Panthers wanted the Browns to pay $13 million to $14 million of Mayfield’s salary.

Likely this was the one best chance to move Mayfield and the Browns bulked at paying the salary and now the Panthers ( who have been one of the biggest suckers when it comes to QB) have moved on.

So Seattle? They haven't shown much interest and that has dwindled as:

As for the Seahawks, one of Mayfield’s biggest advocates in the building, former Browns personnel exec Alonzo Highsmith, left Seattle last week to take over as General Manager of Football Operations for the University of Miami, his alma mater.

So the Browns are down to hoping for a QB injury and it can't just be any QB injury as teams out of the running don't have the Incentive and teams like Chiefs and Packers who lean heavy on their QB to carry the team would hardly see Mayfield as a savior. In fact about the only team I can image a QB injury would lead to interest in Mayfield would be the Rams who have a all around good roster and were able to make it to the SB with Goff so maybe Mayfield would be a option? @SJ76 how would you feel about that?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was specifically talking about what he did in 2018 and the jump the team made. You then moved the goal posts. They are heavier than they look so hope you had help.

In addition, I also answered your question from the goal post moving/deflection/dancing/distortion/etc. and listed all the supposed first round talent he was "surrounded" by. Not that many on offense, BTW, which is the side of the ball Baker plays.
You're so cute trying to twist and squirm your way out. I posted your quote talking about multiple years. Your quote. No room for speculation or taking it out of context. Yet you want to continue to flip and flop like a fish on the deck.

Last time I checked it doesn't matter what side of the ball a player plays on. Well until it doesn't fit your narrative. The talk was about a team going winless and other abysmal seasons to the playoffs QBd by one BM. It's a team sport. Well, like I said until it isn't. It's easier to argue your point without all the two stepping if you don't start at the conclusion.

Keep spinning. Got to love this forum and your immagination.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th
No doubt Lock and losing seems to be Seattle's best option this season. If he's a major surprise and can be The Guy? Great....but even if not as expected so what (if they can get a top pick in what is considered to be a QB heavy draft)?
This coming from a fan with plenty of expirence in the intentional unintentional tank.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before I watched every game Lock's started and played in. His decision making is questionable. That's not a good thing for a QB.

He was given every opportunity to be the Broncos full time starter and was unable to win the job. The cost thing, good point. Much cheaper than BM.

But BM belongs in the league and has proven he can be starting NFL material when healthy. Lock has yet to prove he can be a short term or long term answer for any team.
That arm is skrong.

But the team he plays for is without a doubt in my mind drafting Top Three in 2023.

Unless Mayfield comes with a massively reduced salary and an extension, I’d just take my chances with the draft. You aren’t gonna be good either way.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other nuggets in this article:

The Charlotte Observer reported this week that trade talks between the Browns and Panthers during draft weekend fell through because the Panthers wanted the Browns to pay $13 million to $14 million of Mayfield’s salary.

Likely this was the one best chance to move Mayfield and the Browns bulked at paying the salary and now the Panthers ( who have been one of the biggest suckers when it comes to QB) have moved on.

So Seattle? They haven't shown much interest and that has dwindled as:

As for the Seahawks, one of Mayfield’s biggest advocates in the building, former Browns personnel exec Alonzo Highsmith, left Seattle last week to take over as General Manager of Football Operations for the University of Miami, his alma mater.

So the Browns are down to hoping for a QB injury and it can't just be any QB injury as teams out of the running don't have the Incentive and teams like Chiefs and Packers who lean heavy on their QB to carry the team would hardly see Mayfield as a savior. In fact about the only team I can image a QB injury would lead to interest in Mayfield would be the Rams who have a all around good roster and were able to make it to the SB with Goff so maybe Mayfield would be a option? @SJ76 how would you feel about that?

Highly doubtful especially if we get OBJ back. I think anyone right now available gets somehow linked to the Rams. Lol

Baker needs to take his dose of humility and maybe he bounces back wherever he lands.
Sounds like it’s going to be some team where QB1 gets hurt.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That arm is skrong.

But the team he plays for is without a doubt in my mind drafting Top Three in 2023.

Unless Mayfield comes with a massively reduced salary and an extension, I’d just take my chances with the draft. You aren’t gonna be good either way.
Lock has never had a season like Mayfield had in 2018 or 2020.

And Mayfield is only 2 years older than Lock who is 25. So the talk of Lock's possible upside is just silly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Cleveland offers to pay 8-10 million of Baker's salary.....he'll get dealt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so cute trying to twist and squirm your way out. I posted your quote talking about multiple years. Your quote. No room for speculation or taking it out of context. Yet you want to continue to flip and flop like a fish on the deck.

Last time I checked it doesn't matter what side of the ball a player plays on. Well until it doesn't fit your narrative. The talk was about a team going winless and other abysmal seasons to the playoffs QBd by one BM. It's a team sport. Well, like I said until it isn't. It's easier to argue your point without all the two stepping if you don't start at the conclusion.

Keep spinning. Got to love this forum and your immagination.
Baker played well in 2018 (and really well in 2020) because of some players picked in round 1 on defense? Never mind the defense both seasons was really bad?

at least you are right about one thing....ya gotta love this forum

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th

This coming from a fan with plenty of expirence in the intentional unintentional tank.
Yeah...that's the point. Seen my team do it both ways. So-called football guys who were afraid to tank the right way and continued to sign the Donte Whitners of the world to win 4-6 games instead of bottoming out. Finally saw a regime for the stomach for a complete teardown.....and that worked. If I'm Seattle I'm not adding a QB if they think all he can do is add 2-3 wins to their season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Cleveland offers to pay 8-10 million of Baker's salary.....he'll get dealt.
I believe that....just not sure when or if the Browns would do that. Especially if they feel a long suspension for Watson is coming.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that....just not sure when or if the Browns would do that. Especially if they feel a long suspension for Watson is coming.
They are going to have to if they want to trade him....and they will.

They signed Brissett to be the backup and he'll start when Watson is suspended.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to have to if they want to trade him....and they will.

They signed Brissett to be the backup and he'll start when Watson is suspended.
They likely signed Brissett to be the backup hoping watson would not miss games. Not sure they signed Brissett and want him starting a bunch of games. 3-4? Perhaps. 6-8+ I'm not so sure.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They likely signed Brissett to be the backup hoping watson would not miss games. Not sure they signed Brissett and want him starting a bunch of games. 3-4? Perhaps. 6-8+ I'm not so sure.
He played well in Indy in 2017 and 2019. And the Browns have more offensive firepower than that Colts team. He will be the starter if Watson sits out a bunch of games.

Book it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, some of you....

It's a June 1st cut so the dead cap hit is $0.00... nobody is trading for Baker Mayfraud. Yah some team may sign him (everyone speculates Seattle) but no team in their right fuckin' head is trading for him. We're literally 2 days away from where Baker is going.

He'll attract interest on the market for sure... but no team is going to absorb his huge salary at this stage in the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well in Indy in 2017 and 2019. And the Browns have more offensive firepower than that Colts team. He will be the starter if Watson sits out a bunch of games.

Book it.
He played in 2017 and 2019....not so sure I'd say he played well. My guess is also he plays if watson is out...just not the lock so many think IMO, especially if out a long time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, some of you....

It's a June 1st cut so the dead cap hit is $0.00... nobody is trading for Baker Mayfraud. Yah some team may sign him (everyone speculates Seattle) but no team in their right fuckin' head is trading for him. We're literally 2 days away from where Baker is going.

He'll attract interest on the market for sure... but no team is going to absorb his huge salary at this stage in the game.
Baker is a June 1 cut? Pretty sure his deal is fully guaranteed no matter when he was released if released.