• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd kind of want Philly to win games this year as a Cowboy fan (assuming you think they'll be mediocre at best) . They have a lot of ammo to move up for a top QB right?...made even easier if they start off with a top pick.
I see Philly as a legit threat to win the East.

IMO its
Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington (Wentz is the wildcard, he's very talented, but his mental state under center is scrambled. If he gets straight in the head they are a threat)
NY

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Philly as a legit threat to win the East.

IMO its
Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington (Wentz is the wildcard, he's very talented, but his mental state under center is scrambled. If he gets straight in the head they are a threat)
NY
In that case I would not want them to add a better QB (assuming you think Baker is better).

I think only way Philly will threaten Dallas is if Dallas plays below expectations...and of course they might. I think washington finishes ahead of Philly but no more than a guess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I find it very odd you think a QB's that's 29-30 with a road playoff win is a complete bust but think Drew Lock is starting NFL material.
I think you misunderstand. It's not that I think Lock is starting material, but his sample size for playing is small and even then spread out, so I feel he could have some untapped potential. His cost ( a throw in for the RW deal)( small salary) is minimal and when there isn't a good alternative minimal cost is what you want. His history beyond his rookie year (only 5 games) isn't good, but he does have a strong arm and can run with the ball and is coming to a offense that invested in improving the OL and a solid RB and has a couple of really good WRs, it's a good situation for him.
Now I don't actually expect him to succeed, but if he fails the cost is small and I don't see other QB options that would of been more useful, none would of been a fix for the QB position, but the cost would of been substantially higher and THAT is what you want to avoid.

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mayfield is a bit better than Hurts overall, but it would be a divisive QB controversy for the Eagles because of the difference in their offensive styles and needs. They'd need a strong HC with a clear view of who was #1 and who was #2.

...but if the price is right then take a chance and make a move.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misunderstand. It's not that I think Lock is starting material, but his sample size for playing is small and even then spread out, so I feel he could have some untapped potential. His cost ( a throw in for the RW deal)( small salary) is minimal and when there isn't a good alternative minimal cost is what you want. His history beyond his rookie year (only 5 games) isn't good, but he does have a strong arm and run with the ball and is coming to a offense that invested in improving the OL and a solid RB and has a couple of really good WRs, it's a good situation for him.
Now I don't actually expect him to succeed, but if he fails the cost is small and I don't see other QB options that would of been more useful, none would of been a fix for the QB position, but the cost would of been substantially higher and THAT is what you want to avoid.
No doubt Lock and losing seems to be Seattle's best option this season. If he's a major surprise and can be The Guy? Great....but even if not as expected so what (if they can get a top pick in what is considered to be a QB heavy draft)?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misunderstand. It's not that I think Lock is starting material, but his sample size for playing is small and even then spread out, so I feel he could have some untapped potential. His cost ( a throw in for the RW deal)( small salary) is minimal and when there isn't a good alternative minimal cost is what you want. His history beyond his rookie year (only 5 games) isn't good, but he does have a strong arm and run with the ball and is coming to a offense that invested in improving the OL and a solid RB and has a couple of really good WRs, it's a good situation for him.

Like I said before I watched every game Lock's started and played in. His decision making is questionable. That's not a good thing for a QB.

He was given every opportunity to be the Broncos full time starter and was unable to win the job. The cost thing, good point. Much cheaper than BM.

But BM belongs in the league and has proven he can be starting NFL material when healthy. Lock has yet to prove he can be a short term or long term answer for any team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before I watched every game Lock's started and played in. His decision making is questionable. That's not a good thing for a QB.

He was given every opportunity to be the Broncos full time starter and was unable to win the job. The cost thing, good point. Much cheaper than BM.

But BM belongs in the league and has proven he can be starting NFL material when healthy. Lock has yet to prove he can be a short term or long term answer for any team.
This is likely all true....but unless I thought Baker could play like 2020 Baker on a consistent basis I would not deal for him if I was Seattle. I'd rather take my chances on trying to get one of the top guys in 2023 draft.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is likely all true....but unless I thought Baker could play like 2020 Baker on a consistent basis I would not deal for him if I was Seattle. I'd rather take my chances on trying to get one of the top guys in 2023 draft.

The thing is, and I can understand this from a team perspective, after his surgery nobody knows for sure how he'll look. I expect he'll full recover. But nobody knows that for sure yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, and I can understand this from a team perspective, after his surgery nobody knows for sure how he'll look. I expect he'll full recover. But nobody knows that for sure yet.
No doubt about that.....which makes it less likely anyone can expect him to be 2020 Baker again (and do it more consistently). If he can somehow get in some games in 2022 and play well someone will give him a nice deal for 2023, though.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Lock and losing seems to be Seattle's best option this season. If he's a major surprise and can be The Guy? Great....but even if not as expected so what (if they can get a top pick in what is considered to be a QB heavy draft)?
I'm going to play Devil's advocate and ask what happens if Lock plays like a 12-16 rated QB? If he does then they got a 1-season wonder out of the Wilson trade, but what then? Lock would be out of contract and the Seahawks couldn't sensibly tag him. I guess they see him as a very cheap Cam Newton-like fill-in and win or lose he's out the door in '23.

It's just a hypothetical scenario. I don't think Lock can play that well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to play Devil's advocate and ask what happens if Lock plays like a 12-16 rated QB? If he does then they got a 1-season wonder out of the Wilson trade, but what then? Lock would be out of contract and the Seahawks couldn't sensibly tag him. I guess they see him as a very cheap Cam Newton-like fill-in and win or lose he's out the door in '23.

It's just a hypothetical scenario. I don't think Lock can play that well.
Don't see that happening and that can be addressed if/ when it happens. Last season we saw the 49ers and Rams slug it out to represent the NFC in the SB ( which the Rams won) and the Cardinals were a playoff team also, so a brutal, brutal division and they play the AFC west which is no walk in the park.
I was very worried that the Seahawks would reach for a need ( at QB of course) in the draft. I saw various QBs mocked to them in the first two rounds, instead the Seahawks took best available player and began restocking/ drafting/ filling the roster with players who can part of the future core of players, they have good draft capitol next year and a lot of cap space and with a bit of luck can finish the plan to reload. They should/ will stick to the plan and not waste assets to pretend they are addressing or fixing the QB position this season, because there just wasn't a good/real fix for QB this season.
I absolutely love what the Seahawks have done so far and I'll be tore watching them this season, as I always root for a victory but understand losing has some benefit.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me at least one victim was really a victim.

If you consider she cried because he decided to rub his genitals against her, and he says he doesn’t know why, tells me he thinks rubbing his junk on masseurs is normal.

Are you saying it isn't normal? I always rub my junk on my masseuse. And my nurses. And my hair stylist. Anyone who gets near me at the gym

Don't even get my started on the pool

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though others thought different

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though others thought different

Interesting on the solutions to Mayfield working out while with the Browns:

One strategy would be for Mayfield to work out at the Browns facility, but mostly on his own and not alongside Deshaun Watson and Jacoby Brissett.

Another option would be for Mayfield to continue to work out and rehab away from the Browns facility,

Of course, everyone is hoping it doesn’t come to that, and it’s highly unlikely Mayfield will take another snap for the Browns.

Sure sounds like a uncomfortable and awkward situation.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on the solutions to Mayfield working out while with the Browns:

One strategy would be for Mayfield to work out at the Browns facility, but mostly on his own and not alongside Deshaun Watson and Jacoby Brissett.

Another option would be for Mayfield to continue to work out and rehab away from the Browns facility,

Of course, everyone is hoping it doesn’t come to that, and it’s highly unlikely Mayfield will take another snap for the Browns.

Sure sounds like a uncomfortable and awkward situation.
if your Mayfield. You show up no matter what. You will get a free 18. whatever million just for being there. Kind of an expensive Clipboard holder.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your Mayfield. You show up no matter what. You will get a free 18. whatever million just for being there. Kind of an expensive Clipboard holder.
Backup Clipboard holder and yes nice gig if you can get it.