• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back OBJ :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did have OBJ. I do think there was some expectation that he'd matter at the start of the season. There was a good argument that him and Clowney were pretty darn overrated entering the season.

But yeah, I do think I agree with the sentiment that the Browns are an elite running team with subpar passing and defense. If Baker was good OR if the defense was good then the Browns are like the #2 seed right now or something like that.
They could easily have 10 wins but with the usual stuff for the past 2 years- covid, injuries (especially the Baker injury), etc....a lot of close games didn't go their way. I'm not saying Baker is some world beater but his injury is definitely affecting him A LOT. He uses a ton of torque. Not saying it's all the injury but it definitely is affecting him more than people realize. Still not an excuse, they lost games where he played well enough so it isn't just Baker, it's a lot of issues. I think he gets one more prove it year and if he doesn't perform up to expectations than maybe there are other options out there by 2023 FA.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that going into the 2018 Draft, Baker was the clear cut choice of the Browns. And if there was any talk of the Browns going a different direction, it was Sam Darnold.

Then when the Bills took Josh Allen, the consensus of the "experts" was that the Bills bungled the pick. He was inaccurate and couldn't read defenses. Most experts said the Bills should have taken Josh Rosen. Lamar Jackson wasn't even in the conversation.

Drafting is inexact. There have been many more misses than hits at the QB position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily have 10 wins but with the usual stuff for the past 2 years- covid, injuries (especially the Baker injury), etc....a lot of close games didn't go their way. I'm not saying Baker is some world beater but his injury is definitely affecting him A LOT. He uses a ton of torque. Not saying it's all the injury but it definitely is affecting him more than people realize. Still not an excuse, they lost games where he played well enough so it isn't just Baker, it's a lot of issues. I think he gets one more prove it year and if he doesn't perform up to expectations than maybe there are other options out there by 2023 FA.
I haven't been following the Browns too closely but Im seeing the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders and Packers games as all pretty winnable. A good team should've won at least two of those games. The Raiders and Packers games are probably in the injury/COVID territory. Chiefs and Chargers seemed like shootout situations where the defense needed a stop. Packers is on Baker.

The average team probably has 1 more win there just due to ref luck, too.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield basically gave the game away to the Packers. He stunk . He played like the worst QB in the league in that game.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the haters:suds:

Browns OC Alex Van Pelt said Baker Mayfield's shoulder injury has "definitely hindered" him this season.​

"It definitely shows. Hopefully next year without the harness you’ll see Baker back to normal with his throwing mechanics. Got a lot of respect for the fact he’s battled through that, we know he’s injured." Mayfield has been playing through a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder since Week 2 and fractured his shoulder on a Week 6 sack by Cardinals DE J.J. Watt. The Browns have downplayed the injury, but it's clear that it's been a factor in Mayfield's regression, who's expected to have surgery after the year. Cleveland has Mayfield signed through 2022 after picking up his fifth-year option but could add competition at quarterback this offseason

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the haters:suds:

Browns OC Alex Van Pelt said Baker Mayfield's shoulder injury has "definitely hindered" him this season.​

"It definitely shows. Hopefully next year without the harness you’ll see Baker back to normal with his throwing mechanics. Got a lot of respect for the fact he’s battled through that, we know he’s injured." Mayfield has been playing through a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder since Week 2 and fractured his shoulder on a Week 6 sack by Cardinals DE J.J. Watt. The Browns have downplayed the injury, but it's clear that it's been a factor in Mayfield's regression, who's expected to have surgery after the year. Cleveland has Mayfield signed through 2022 after picking up his fifth-year option but could add competition at quarterback this offseason
This isn’t even the worst we’ve seen from him.

What’s the excuse for the other shitty seasons?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to have to have the best season of his career next year to earn a long term deal from the Browns. Or at least he should have to have that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to give this season a wash, let me see what he can do when hes not playing with a torn labrum.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to have to have the best season of his career next year to earn a long term deal from the Browns. Or at least he should have to have that.

This is a reasonable take. He certainly cannot have the kind of year he's having now. I wouldn't totally blame the Browns if they could swing a trade for a Watson (provided he's cleared) or someone of the like this offseason either.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to determine to what extent the injury has played a role. But if I'm a Browns fan and I witnessed Baker Mayfield not just this year but throughout his career I'd be very very concerned that he is just not good enough to take them where Browns fans deserve them to be.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was healthy he had moments where he was ballin…

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, while I'm not a fan of Baker, the talking head narrative here is kinda cringe. If Baker was playing hurt last year and the Browns coaches kept putting him out there then that is the coaches fault.

If they do that to Watson, expect the same results