• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Baker merely dooming his own payday? Do the Browns keep him at a cheaper number, or do they move on ? If they move on, are they drafting a QB next year or looking for free agent journeyman place holder via FA? I doubt Rodgers wants Cleveland, but imagine Russell Wilson behind that line with that running game....do the Browns have enough draft capital to get a deal like that done?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get use to articles linking teams to Watson based on nothing but speculation of the author. We are going to see every possible candidate (team) linked to him at some point, right up until it actually happens.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get use to articles linking teams to Watson based on nothing but speculation of the author. We are going to see every possible candidate (team) linked to him at some point, right up until it actually happens.
Guessing that was the one I saw earlier today which pretty much says they'll listen but likely wont be where he ends up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Watson, Rodgers, Wilson rumors will be used as click bait for as long as they can use it. They will just take turns speculating which team.
At some point they'll begin to add "unnamed" or "league sources" to make the fake stories seem more real.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the Giants, I feel like the Browns have the surrounding talent to attract a FA QB.

If Baker has been playing hurt that explains some of his issues. I suspect a contract for him wouldn't cost a whole lot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the Giants, I feel like the Browns have the surrounding talent to attract a FA QB.

If Baker has been playing hurt that explains some of his issues. I suspect a contract for him wouldn't cost a whole lot.
agree.....Idea the Browns could not attract a stud QB is absurd, IMO, if they wanted to go that route for reason you gave.

My guess is they believe the injuries are a real issue. He has not done enough to warrant an extension but they'll let him play out the 5th year option. Maybe he does enough to get the money he might want before the end of season...and, sure, maybe he doesn't and they part ways. Doubt they let him walk, though, without a better option in place.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he stinks or maybe he is injured, but whatever the reason Mayfield is just really, really bad right now. With even an average QB Cle is a big time playoff threat with that running game. He was horrible again

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he stinks or maybe he is injured, but whatever the reason Mayfield is just really, really bad right now. With even an average QB Cle is a big time playoff threat with that running game. He was horrible again

agree....though didn't help they ignored the running game when they got to the 50 with 3 TOs.
I also wonder at least a little why he looked to be near elite pre-injury (and entire second half last season).

No doubt we need to at least consider other options though to either replace him or have an honest competition with him next season (barring a miracle this year).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....though didn't help they ignored the running game when they got to the 50 with 3 TOs.
I also wonder at least a little why he looked to be near elite pre-injury (and entire second half last season).

No doubt we need to at least consider other options though to either replace him or have an honest competition with him next season (barring a miracle this year).
Yeah. When they first started running on that last drive, other than the play before the 2 minute warning) I was like WTF are they doing (but happy because I have Chubb) and then I realized they had the TOs and only needed to get into FG range and was thinking good idea, why even throw it unless 3rd and long or 4th down. Then they threw it on both 1st and 2nd and it killed them IMO. You have a struggling QB and you have a RB that is running all over them at that point in the game and you only need how many yards and don't want to leave Rodgers with a lot of time. That was dumb play calling (or audibling out if that was the case)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. When they first started running on that last drive, other than the play before the 2 minute warning) I was like WTF are they doing (but happy because I have Chubb) and then I realized they had the TOs and only needed to get into FG range and was thinking good idea, why even throw it unless 3rd and long or 4th down. Then they threw it on both 1st and 2nd and it killed them IMO. You have a struggling QB and you have a RB that is running all over them at that point in the game and you only need how many yards and don't want to leave Rodgers with a lot of time. That was dumb play calling (or audibling out if that was the case)
I really like stefanski but was far from his best day. Even worse was a drive that took place for nearly half the 4th qtr. They get down close to at least FG range (whether they trust the K another story) and were passing then, too, resulting in sacks....never mind showing no urgency when no-huddle worked whenever they used it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still trying to argue Baker better than Wentz?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still trying to argue Baker better than Wentz?

And who exactly has said that? I've asked you this same question before but you can't/won't or refuse to answer.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who exactly has said that? I've asked you this same question before but you can't/won't or refuse to answer.

Here's my top 20 from start of the season. Followed by pages of people arguing that Baker is better than Wentz.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my top 20 from start of the season. Followed by pages of people arguing that Baker is better than Wentz.

All I did was ask you to mention someone, anyone. But you can't even do that? Instead you just say "people"? Alrighty then.

The funny thing is you once tried to accuse me of saying Mayfield's better than Wentz. I asked you to back your bullshit up, find the exact comment where I said anything like that. And of course you couldn't.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I did was ask you to mention someone, anyone. But you can't even do that? Instead you just say "people"? Alrighty then.

The funny thing is you once tried to accuse me of saying Mayfield's better than Wentz. I asked you to back your bullshit up, find the exact comment where I said anything like that. And of course you couldn't.

Alright here from pages 2-3. There are more after that as well.

If I was building a team right now, I would take Mayfield over Wentz, Cousins and Carr for sure and likely Goff and Tannehill.

I disagree. Wentz and Cousins turn a 12 win (their likely total, imo) into a 10 win team (at best). Checkdown Charlies, both of them and bad turnovers at bad times. Carr, Tannehill I think might be on par with Baker. Goff to me has zero leadership intangibles. I'm not a big fan of Mayfield, btw. He's arrogant, cocky and often tries to do more than he is capable of. I've just seen enough of those others to know they just aren't very good. Talented? Yes, but not what I would want in a QB.

Not Wentz or Goff. Browns would suck worse.

Well, You are wrong on both of those. Wentz led the league in turnovers last year in only 11 games and has the most fumbles of any QBsince 2018. And Wentz does not have a better arm. Maybe about equal there but Wentz is afraid to use his now that his psyche is so fragile. Threw only one deep ball vs. one of the weaker secondaries Sunday.
Enough said. I'm not getting into some endless debate about it.

Better arm? It's splitting hair tbh, both have great arm talent but Baker throws a better ball. Wentz played on way better teams to start his career but it all comes down to how you perform on the field and Wentz can't even stay on the field. Baker for being a "smaller" guy has been very durable to this point in his career. He hasn't missed a game to this point in his career, after sitting his first couple games in his rookie year.