• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz last year is still worse than Baker this year.

Baker Mayfield's career is 29-29, though. PFF had the Browns entering the season with the most talented roster in the AFC. Lots of people were hyping them up. Mayfield's career seems to be filled with a lot of 'how did they lose that?' type of games, though. On the flip side, not many games with Mayfield being clutch on the other end.

If this was baseball, he'd get traded to another team. Something tells me we're heading towards a Jay Cutler/Bears type of situation because the Browns have such a bad history with QBs

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he stinks or maybe he is injured, but whatever the reason Mayfield is just really, really bad right now. With even an average QB Cle is a big time playoff threat with that running game. He was horrible again

OBJ was supposedly the problem, I'm glad they cleaned up their offense after he left. He was holding Mayfield back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz last year is still worse than Baker this year.

Baker Mayfield's career is 29-29, though. PFF had the Browns entering the season with the most talented roster in the AFC. Lots of people were hyping them up. Mayfield's career seems to be filled with a lot of 'how did they lose that?' type of games, though. On the flip side, not many games with Mayfield being clutch on the other end.

If this was baseball, he'd get traded to another team. Something tells me we're heading towards a Jay Cutler/Bears type of situation because the Browns have such a bad history with QBs
will address the last part first......not sure it's really fair to think a bad history of people who are not here matters. It's as irrelevant as their good history in the 40s, 50s and 60s.

Certainly not sold on the guy as I once might have been but not ready to write him off yet. But if there's a better option they have then have at it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Browns sign Rodgers or trade for Watson or Wilson they have to stick with Mayfield thru his contract. It’s likely not a encouraging outlook as Mayfield just isn’t very good.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wentz and Goff still wouldn't make the Browns any better

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BM fucking sucks.......... chaulk up another game the Browns SHOULD have won. Yes, against a good Packers team.

4 interceptions and the final score was 24-22??? lmao. they should have won by 20 points. Browns D got some stops.

oh, and let's not forget that there were at least 3 calls that went against the Browns that should not have. or a no call. The last pick was a clear pass interference...........

one less turnover, and the browns would've won that.

baker needs to go. Case or Mullins should've played.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BM fucking sucks.......... chaulk up another game the Browns SHOULD have won. Yes, against a good Packers team.

4 interceptions and the final score was 24-22??? lmao. they should have won by 20 points. Browns D got some stops.

oh, and let's not forget that there were at least 3 calls that went against the Browns that should not have. or a no call. The last pick was a clear pass interference...........

Mullens is clearly worse than Baker lol. Let's get a hold of ourselves.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay thanks for posting that. As far as which QB I'd rather have between Mayfield & Wentz is there a third option? Not sold on either.

Right?

Both appear to be pretty low end starters.

Both good enough to win games if surrounded by high quality personnel.

Neither is very good though.

So the debate about which one is better is kind of pointless.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness….

Green Bay would have played that differently had the score been closer in the 2nd half.

They always seem to take their foot off the gas when they have a 2nd half lead.

So Cleveland wasn’t going to win that game by 20 if Mayfield played perfect football. Rodgers would have likely matched him.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say Baker sucks but there's nothing suggesting hes gonna be anything more then a fringe starter at this point, maybe a Fitzpatrick type

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland did a hell of a job putting an amazing team around Mayfield. They gave him every opportunity to succeed, he just isn't that good.
Yep they need to pivot in a different direction while the rest of the roster is still solid

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go overboard on any player's 1st game back after missing time on the covid19 list, but damn! That was a bad game. I still think Mayfield is an average or below average starter, but he's having a bad year. He's still worth the risk of an $18.87M 5th year option, which is just as well since it's guaranteed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right?

Both appear to be pretty low end starters.

Both good enough to win games if surrounded by high quality personnel.

Neither is very good though.

So the debate about which one is better is kind of pointless.

Mayfield isn't the QB savior many Browns fans were hoping for. He's sadly still the QB my team has had in decades. But like I've said since they drafted him still not sold on him being the guy in Cleveland. Too inconsistent.

I know he's been banged up just about all season long. But he's struggling. Maybe last years numbers were just a fluke? All I can say is he better be really focused next season, it's gonna the the most important one of his career.

And Browns GM Andrew Berry. Upgrade the wr's this off season! And doing some more with the D wouldn't hurt either.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland did a hell of a job putting an amazing team around Mayfield. They gave him every opportunity to succeed, he just isn't that good.

Amazing is VASTLY overstating Cleveland's roster. Their defense has been average and nothing better. In fact it is probably below average when you consider Cleveland's offense does a good job of TOP and not turning it over.

And their offensive talent is just about as overrated as the defense is. They do have one of the best running games in the league no doubt. But their receiving situation is one of the worst in the league. When Jarvis Landry is your #1 option, you are never going to have a top passing offense.

But it all doesn't change the fact that Baker isnt a top 10 guy. Hell you can almost make the case that he isnt a top 20 guy even. That would be a more accurate discussion on what he is.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing is VASTLY overstating Cleveland's roster. Their defense has been average and nothing better. In fact it is probably below average when you consider Cleveland's offense does a good job of TOP and not turning it over.

And their offensive talent is just about as overrated as the defense is. They do have one of the best running games in the league no doubt. But their receiving situation is one of the worst in the league. When Jarvis Landry is your #1 option, you are never going to have a top passing offense.
Well, they did have OBJ. I do think there was some expectation that he'd matter at the start of the season. There was a good argument that him and Clowney were pretty darn overrated entering the season.

But yeah, I do think I agree with the sentiment that the Browns are an elite running team with subpar passing and defense. If Baker was good OR if the defense was good then the Browns are like the #2 seed right now or something like that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullens is clearly worse than Baker lol. Let's get a hold of ourselves.
Nobody in NFL history has thrown for more yards in their first 17 starts as a QB.

Not sure about the clearly part. Mayfield kinda sucks ass.