• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

Is Baker Mayfield a Top 10 QB

• Total voters

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely missed the point of what I said, you seem to not know how to read well. I literally stated he should be held accountable for his failures. But it's absolutely fucking funny how the Browns are throwing him under the bus he gave them 1 of their best seasons in a decade+ and then playing hurt the next year and not doing as well. You call me a homer but no where in what I have stated so far did I say that Baker was the greatest QB or even a top 10 QB. I'm just calling you guys out for your failures to look anywhere but at the QBs they have had over the many years and still failed to get anywhere in the league. So grow up yourself and learn to look at the organization from the top down and stop throwing your players under the bus when your leadership at the top cant find the best coaches and players to turn the team around from the dumpster fire it has been.
The Browns haven't thrown Mayfield under the bus. They guaranteed him an $18.86M 1 year extension after the season you mentioned. It doesn't matter whether it was a great season or a terrible season for the Browns. The team evaluates every player and acts accordingly. The Brown had an opportunity to acquire a top 8 QB and they've taken it. The Browns have looked at everything for years - coaches, scouts, free agents, etc. By all means chastise them for failing, but they looked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely missed the point of what I said, you seem to not know how to read well. I literally stated he should be held accountable for his failures. But it's absolutely fucking funny how the Browns are throwing him under the bus he gave them 1 of their best seasons in a decade+ and then playing hurt the next year and not doing as well. You call me a homer but no where in what I have stated so far did I say that Baker was the greatest QB or even a top 10 QB. I'm just calling you guys out for your failures to look anywhere but at the QBs they have had over the many years and still failed to get anywhere in the league. So grow up yourself and learn to look at the organization from the top down and stop throwing your players under the bus when your leadership at the top cant find the best coaches and players to turn the team around from the dumpster fire it has been.
How are the Browns throwing him under the bus? They are doing what any team should do, especially at the QB position. If they have a chance to find a top tier QB better than the one they have they should do so.

Any Browns fan here knows previous FOs have been beyond awful, especially in their QB choices. You, in fact, do seem to want to make it all about the QB....well, in your case, one QB.

FYI, I happen to like Baker as a player and did think there was certainly a chance if healthy he could repeat his 2020 season in 2022. But, sure, there was a chance he'd never be that guy again. We'll see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very true statement, he should have not played after injury and just did what he needed to do to get healthy. Yes this past year was mostly on him, but people seem to forget how well he did the 2 season prior and looking for that new shiny QB who already has a name. Who knows, maybe the Browns will be better with Watson and maybe Baker has ruined his career by playing last year with an injury, its hard to say. But until next season its purely speculation at this point.
I don't think he ruined his career and think he'll recover. I can even understand why he played. Hell, if the guy was cleared by docs, chose not to play and we lost? Then his critics would be calling him either soft or selfish for not playing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very true statement, he should have not played after injury and just did what he needed to do to get healthy. Yes this past year was mostly on him, but people seem to forget how well he did the 2 season prior and looking for that new shiny QB who already has a name. Who knows, maybe the Browns will be better with Watson and maybe Baker has ruined his career by playing last year with an injury, its hard to say. But until next season its purely speculation at this point.
Agree, yes I would think Watson is a major upgrade but it’s going to be on Stefanski for opening up the offense and adjusting. He had to cater to Baker the last couple years and they still won games so we will see. Thankful for Baker, I love his passion for the game. Hope he goes to a team that needs a legit starter honestly

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, yes I would think Watson is a major upgrade but it’s going to be on Stefanski for opening up the offense and adjusting. He had to cater to Baker the last couple years and they still won games so we will see. Thankful for Baker, I love his passion for the game. Hope he goes to a team that needs a legit starter honestly

If Mayfield can't land with another NFL team he could always go the fan controlled league and back up Johnny M.

I'm outta here!!!!! :bolt:

:peep:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well put. He doesn't understand that most of us Browns fans have in fact been very critical of the FO for years. Even before Norman, OK's favorite son BM was drafted.

As far as him landing somewhere and being successful though. Sure why not? He's not the Browns problem anymore. But I'd prefer he ends up with a team in the NFC.
That’s not true.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade fell apart and Panthers dodged a bullet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yikes

Dude is going full blown conspiracy theory.
did you read the article? The "dude going conspiracy" is Amico. He loves to play to the masses with articles like this with no factual basis. Nameless sources and a number of ifs (wondered if....)

Does this FO really strike you as the type who would lessen a guys value who they might be looking to trade?

Amico made a number of comments in the offseason about the Cavs, too. He knows fans with an agenda will eat up anything that supports their agenda (not saying you are such a person).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with him?

Sabotage him? To what end? Getting no value out of him in a trade?
I could see some previous coaches/regimes doing something so foolish. Not this one. There are no actual quotes from Baker or his people. All guessing and pretty much making it up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,791.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read the article? The "dude going conspiracy" is Amico. He loves to play to the masses with articles like this with no factual basis. Nameless sources and a number of ifs (wondered if....)

Does this FO really strike you as the type who would lessen a guys value who they might be looking to trade?

Amico made a number of comments in the offseason about the Cavs, too. He knows fans with an agenda will eat up anything that supports their agenda (not saying you are such a person).
@WiggyRuss loves Amico. LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,791.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. To think the Browns would intentionally make him look bad and in turn lose games is ridiculous
It is because it lowers what they get in a return in a trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't trust Amico at all. He just presents rumors with no sources, that guy is not reliable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have some interest in him if the Browns lower the asking price and were to eat some of his contract.
I'm really interested to see the numbers holding this up, obviously it is all salary related. a mid to late round pick means nothing at this point. Teams want him cut bc they know they will get a hell of a bargain...Browns are playing the waiting game.

I just wonder how much of Baker's salary they are willing to cover. 25% or is it closer to 50%. I would think if it was 50% teams would be jumping all over it.