• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm getting excited

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junkie, your right about the 85 Bears and that defense. They beat the Rams in the Championship game the day my son was born. The Rams have the makings of a top 5 defense and now if we can control the ball, score at the end, not have Bradford beat us and play good defense, we might just have something.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, somebody else who sees the truth from the rhetoric. Thank you SJ.

Boss
Ive read all of your posts on this thread and IMO they are right on the $$. Trust me, there are many here that feel the same as you. This is a result of losing or witnessing no sign of improvement. We as fans have been waiting a long time to see improment and it just aint happening. Fact is until Sam starts winning the critisim will always be there. I guess thats the Nature of the Beast. The real question is how much more are we gonna watch? Stick to your guns, you are just stating how you feel about the last 3 years of our qb. Thats what this board is for!!

FWIW....I enjoy reading your posts!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you didnt mention Shotty. IMO a sucessful qb has a O coord. thats utilizes his skillsets. Calls the right play in the right situation. To me this isnt helping Sam at all. In fact there have been times where Shotty was part of the problem. Throwing the ball on 3rd and 1 when your rb is tearing it up on the ground late in the 4th qtr is just atrocious. Ask any Jet fan about Shotty.
That's because I'm torn with Shotty.

Loved his Dad and I know that has nothing to do with it but there's more.

I think Shotts is a terrible game planner. He is so vanilla and plays by the book more than I would ever care for even in light of your against the grain comment.

What I like about Shotz is his half time adjustments.

This fact alone, tells me he has the potential to be a decent OC.

With that said, I do think he is a lot like Sam in the way that he needs talent around him to succeed.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke I agree 100%. Variety is the spice as they say. But I saw this brought up on another board in regards too Bradford but it could be in reference too any player on the team. At what point when you knock your own player do you actually start trolling your own board? Just food for thought catch-22 kind of thing. :suds:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that statement Osark...pointing out the flaws in players on your favorite team goes on here all day long. That's what we do. There should be nothing special about the QB. If he blows we should be able to talk about him or any other underachiever on the team without being worried about bordering on being a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that statement Osark...pointing out the flaws in players on your favorite team goes on here all day long. That's what we do. There should be nothing special about the QB. If he blows we should be able to talk about him or any other underachiever on the team without being worried about bordering on being a troll.

I didn't make a statement. I posed what I thought was an interesting question from another board. :rollseyes:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make a statement. I posed what I thought was an interesting question from another board. :rollseyes:

Yes I know Osark...That is why I didn't say "your statement" I said that statement. I have my concerns about some players on the team and Sam B is one of them but I want them all to do well and so I withhold judgement until the season starts. Mainly because I'm superstitious and I don't want to jinx them :suds: :rollseyes:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know Osark...That is why I didn't say "your statement" I said that statement. I have my concerns about some players on the team and Sam B is one of them but I want them all to do well and so I withhold judgement until the season starts. Mainly because I'm superstitious and I don't want to jinx them :suds: :rollseyes:

Its all good Ram. I don't take these things to heart. But at the same time I don't want to be misunderstood. Some here have very thin skins. :suds::10:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to comment only on your first point here, Retro...My question would be: Is that a reflection on Britt, or is it more likely the fact that our DBs are still be the achilles heel of this team ???

Both?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke I agree 100%. Variety is the spice as they say. But I saw this brought up on another board in regards too Bradford but it could be in reference too any player on the team. At what point when you knock your own player do you actually start trolling your own board? Just food for thought catch-22 kind of thing. :suds:

Well maybe some consider it Trolling, (sounds like you do), but normal fans just want to see their team do well and win! .....the Nature of the Beast!

The career of an NFL player is very short. Sam is now going into year 4. Complaining about a #1 draft pick overall lack of performance is perfectly normal IMO. I guess you got to ask yourself what happens if Sam has a below average season this year? Do you give him another chance? How much longer are you going to make excuses for him? Hell.. most fans here want to cut Brian Quick after 2 seasons because IMO they are blaming him for Sams performance or lack of. WTF?? Fact is, if your team continues to lose and NOT make changes, you must have a troll running the team. Im sorry, but if somethings broken Im the type that will fix problem! Judge me how you feel fit....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have stated that this is Sam's pivotal year. If he fails, they are not going to renew or extend his contract. I think he knows his butt is on the line. So we shall see.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have stated that this is Sam's pivotal year. If he fails, they are not going to renew or extend his contract. I think he knows his butt is on the line. So we shall see.

Can't argue with that! It's put up or shut up time for Sam.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

And Sam definitely knows this because the Rams would be far better off if they redid his deal this year instead of next if they were to keep Sam as the QB long term.

They just don't know at this time if they want to keep him around for the long haul and that's the only reason they didn't cut him a new deal.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Sam stays healthy and comes through. It will be good for Sam and good for the Rams. That's really the bottom line.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if that is what it takes to motivate Bradford after all this time.....threats of moving on from him or not renewing his contract, what exactly does that say about him personally?

That's why I don't see this year being any different than any other year. His stats may improve, but unless there is a dramatic change in his persona/leadership/field presence/whatever you want to call it, I still see him as displaying the same old character traits-----happy feet, locking onto receivers, pouting when things don't go his way, wetting himself when the going gets tough, etc. As Zeke so adequately stated earlier, judge me as you will, that's still the way I see it.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss that just kind of proves a point. Even if Sam "helps" bring the Rams to the promise land. You still wont like him, and that's fine. Maybe you just don't like his personality. I also agree I wish he had a little bit more fire in him but it's not always what gets the job done. But the way he actually plays is the most important thing to me. Not his demeanor.