• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're the Cardinals GM.....

Do you trade out of number 1?

• Yes I'm looking for additional picks for the next two years

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Nope I'm rolling the dice on the 7 picks I have this year

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Im staying cause I don't think Rosen is good enough

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends, but if I’m the cardinals, I’m just going to take bosa. However, if they can get someone to overpay, they could trade back. I haven’t been under the impression that this years QBs are that great though. Am I wrong?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we lost to NO and Chicago on the road and the Super Bowl champs with Foles at QB. So remind me why should he be worried. Even saying the word, just emphasis that you don't what you are talking about. Our losses look better than any team in the league.

4-3 in the last 7 for a SB or bust team is worrisome. The teams you lost to are the teams you are going to have to play again so I don’t know what point you are trying to make.

The Rams have looked very beatable the last quarter of the season. I guess you just don’t want to believe it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm with Scoob on this whole Rosen topic:

Get the kid a offensive minded coach is first
then get a oline that will protect him in the passing game and that will open holes for the running game.

Remember everyone thought Goff sucked as well, then McVay walking into the place and now their offense is top five and he has done really well with Sean coaching him.

Yeah well I still wouldn't consider Goff to be a top QB by any stretch. He has definitely improved from that rookie year but will the weapons he had this year and the team in general I thought he took a step back, in a sense. Either way Rosen needs something around him to see how he can actually play and then we can evaluate him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried at all, season shown you is worth keeping.

Maybe but there are cap issues but again we, the Seahawks, don't have that issue with 6 or more people needing to be signed. Just 1 who is willing to take the tag and make a decision on another.

Like i said. Were good

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...you should be out of a job. Homeboy got a DUI, gave Bradford a ton of guaranteed money, and then hired a head coach who apparently too incompetent to be given more than 1 season.

This came from a local publication and it mimics my thoughts

Those in favor of firing Keim can make a solid case. It's a what-have-you-done-for-us-lately league, and in Keim’s case, the answer is not much.

However, the Cardinals won 50 games in Keim’s first five years on the job, the most successful five-year span in team history. In his first two years on the job, Keim won executive of the year honors from national publications.

I think you give him one more year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to each theory their own I know if my seahawks were super bowl contenders and we were all in I would give up a 3rd rounder for Larry Fitz
Oh, don't get me wrong. I would strongly consider that too. It's just that at the present time, most teams value draft picks too much IMO.

Clinton-Dix traded for a 4th round pick
Golden Tate (30 years old) traded for a 3rd round pick
Demaryius Thomas (30 years old) traded for a 4th round pick
Colos Hyde traded for a 5th round pick

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conversation last year was that the Browns didn't need more pass rush. That applies doubly to the Cardinals. Thats literally the only thing they do well.

That being said, you could plug Bosa into Golden's spot and average at least 5 more sacks a year over the span of five years. Golden has the tenacity (and probably 10 yd split) but he doesn't have Bosa's physical gifts (size/length) and Bosa will be able to step in right away assuming he is healthy and is 6.5 years younger which is a massive boon.

This is actually a really tough spot for Arizona imo because if/when they draft Bosa they are going to have to probably spend literally every other pick of the draft on offense to compensate. PFF had them dead last in oline last I checked.

I see both sides to this but I think if I was GM I'd go:

Rd1: Bosa
Rd2: BPA Center
Rd3: BPA WR
The problem with the Browns comparison is that the conversation was about their second pick, not the #1. Obviously they aren't taking any CB at #1, and I don't think there are any offensive weapons worthwhile there either. Otherwise, agree here wholeheartedly. The thing that sucks is that they inexplicably don't have much cap space to play with this offseason, which is too bad because there are some solid OL players available. Dumping Bradford will help matters, but it's not like they're the Jets or Browns who are swimming in available money.

RE: The OL - weren't they just killed with injuries this year? I thought I read that they've lost all 5 of their week 1 starting linemen throughout the year to injury.

There's a chance that they get an offer for #1 that's too good to pass up, in which case I may be inclined to take it depending on the return, but they need talent in the worst way. If it's not a QB that a team is trading up for, the return likely won't be as rich as what we saw from the Rams or Eagles a few years ago. That said, if Haskins goes to the combine and kills it, there may be a team interested in moving up that far for him. He's an excellent prospect, he will probably just need some time to acclimate. I could see him starting by week 7/8 next season.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but there are cap issues but again we, the Seahawks, don't have that issue with 6 or more people needing to be signed. Just 1 who is willing to take the tag and make a decision on another.

Like i said. Were good

As long as Wilson is upright.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-3 in the last 7 for a SB or bust team is worrisome. The teams you lost to are the teams you are going to have to play again so I don’t know what point you are trying to make.

The Rams have looked very beatable the last quarter of the season. I guess you just don’t want to believe it.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline has done damn good job of that this year.
Very true. Wilson to me is one of the best qb’s in the league.

People who try to argue against that point don’t understand football.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like i said. Were good

Rams will have 40 million in cap space as of right now.

But let's cut some fat to make more money.

Brockers is estimated to make 10 million, but is only 750k in dead cap. You cut him, that frees up 9 million
Barron is estimated to make 9.6 million, but is only 2 million in dead cap, frees up another 7.6 million
Marcus Peters is estimated to make 9 million, cut him, another 9 million

So now we are up to roughly 65 million under cap

Now free agents

Suh, Joyner, Saffold, Fowler, and Littleton are the notables and will esch command at least 2 million per. Fowler, Saffold and Littleton will command moderate deals. Joyner has been bad, can argue to keep or not keep, no way will he command top dollar. And Suh is okay, will command good money elsewhere.

Yeah, I don't think the Rams GM is sweating too much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Are you trading out of that number one pick?

Depends 100% on what the doctors say about Nick Bosa. If they think he can stay healthy, you gotta take him. They already have their QB. Chandler Jones & Nick Bosa could bring that defense back to being pretty strong.

But you can't go wrong trading down of there are a lot of players you like in this draft. I personally don't think this draft is all that deep, though.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, we are playing worse than they have been. Maybe I'm just blinded by the Rams light, or maybe drinking the good kool aid, but I see them playing well again. In McVay I trust

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, we are playing worse than they have been. Maybe I'm just blinded by the Rams light, or maybe drinking the good kool aid, but I see them playing well again. In McVay I trust
I’m sure I would be doing the same thing. Best of luck:suds:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really a relevant stat. First, I remember a couple of those teams like the '12 Ravens, the 09 Saints and 06 Colts stat-padding that number....probably like 10 or so losses right there. Three out of those twelve teams are responsible for a lot of those losses. Then of course, there are the teams that go on to win SB's who have nothing to play for late in the year who rest players and lose a meaningless game.

Fact is, the last true game they played where they looked anything like a contender was the Monday Night game vs. KC....a month and a half ago. If the Rams go on to win the SB, that's fine and all....but that tweet/stat is irrelevant.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't go wrong trading down of there are a lot of players you like in this draft. I personally don't think this draft is all that deep, though.

Yeah I'm looking to wheel and deal here.
I'm looking at the Raiders to come calling, I'll drop down to fourth and then all these teams that are in the QB hunt will come calling at #4 as well, so I'll take trade out of there as well loading up on the extra picks.
It's the only way I see the Cards rebounding here, they need a youth movement and you can rebuild the lines real fast.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm looking to wheel and deal here.
I'm looking at the Raiders to come calling, I'll drop down to fourth and then all these teams that are in the QB hunt will come calling at #4 as well, so I'll take trade out of there as well loading up on the extra picks.
It's the only way I see the Cards rebounding here, they need a youth movement and you can rebuild the lines real fast.

The Cards are really in a good position to completely own this draft because somebody is gonna make a run up for a QB. It's almost guaranteed.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards are really in a good position to completely own this draft because somebody is gonna make a run up for a QB. It's almost guaranteed.

Oh 100% agree!

Always happens, I think they can really really load up on picks like I said, if the Raiders bite giving up that number#4 spot, they could trade out again and all said in done could end up with two extra 1st and 4 2nd rounders and a couple 3rds.

It would be Cleveland last year and this year all over again, retooled and rebuilt in two year span.